- Suicide Squad Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest
- Coca-Cola® July 4th Fest 2016 at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Virtual Roller Coaster Theaters Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2017
- Six Flags Magic Mountain Adds The Flash Pass to Season Pass Offerings
- The New Revolution Media Day at Six Flags Magic Mountain
How To Make Gluten Free Funnel Cake At Home
Who doesn’t like a yummy funnel cake to top off a great day in the park? I know I sure do. Unfortunately, there are many people out there like my wife that would like to enjoy an occasional funnel cake, but they can’t. They have some sort of gluten intolerance, such as Celiac Disease, which prevents them from eating anything made from wheat, barley, rye, and some oats. Basically, if it’s made from traditional flour, you’re out of luck. Fortunately, there are many other kinds of other flours out there that you can bake with. Using a special blend of flour, it is now possible to make your very own gluten free funnel cake that tastes just like those you’ll find in any park. Here is the recipe that I use:
- 1 3/4 cups special flour mix*
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- Pour about 1″ of oil into a 12″ frying pan or pot and pre-heat to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and eggs. Whisk together until completely smooth.
- Put the batter into a pastry bag. I use a #12 tip. If you don’t have a pastry bag, put the batter in a large Zip-loc bag and seal. You can then cut off one of the lower corners for a homemade pastry bag.
- Start piping the batter into the hot oil. Start by making small circles and work your way out. Criss-cross across the top so that the batter will hold everything together once cooked.
- When the bottom looks golden brown, flip it and cook the other side.
- When done, remove from oil and let drain on paper towels.
- Coat with the powdered sugar, or your favorite topping, and enjoy!
* The flour mix used in this recipe can be made by combining basic ingredients found in any health food store, such as Whole Foods. Simply mix together the following items:
- 4 cups potato starch
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup albumen
- 5 tablespoons guar gum
The following picture does not do it justice, but they really are quite delicious!