Six Flags Magic Mountain Thomas Town Photos

By on 01/18/2011

Late last year, Six Flags announced they were dropping several licensing deals they had with some very well known brands such as The Wiggles, Tony Hawk, and Evel Knievel. One of those deals was the rights to use Thomas the Tank Engine, which was used as the foundation for the Thomas Town kids area found in several of the Six Flags parks. The current plan is to keep the train theme but rebrand each of those areas as a more generic Whistle Stop Depot. Six Flags has already removed all references to the Thomas the Tank Engine brand, but has yet to apply the new theme. The following photos were taken this past weekend in the former Thomas Town at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

This first photo shows what appears to be a shiny new paint job with a new, faceless front to the train:

This photo shows a couple of Thomas’ friends peeking out from the train station after their faces had been removed:

Here is a closeup of another one of the trains with the face removed. I would expect generic covers to eventually be applied to the front, similar to what we see in the first photo above:

Here is the main building, awaiting it’s new theme to be applied:

The Thomas Town area has been closed since the brand was removed, but Six Flags Magic Mountain has announced that they expect to re-open the area with its new theme on March 19th.

1. Dee

08/14/2011 at 4:56 pm

I am upset and very dissapointed to learn of the closing of Thomas Town. My family and I drove 6 hr. to take our son to Thomas Town at Six Flags Maryland.
    After after a six hour drive then paying over $200 for tickets to enter the park. In poured down rainin not 15 minutes after we entered the park – all the rides were shut down and then we learned Thomas Town was gone and that it was know “Whislte Stop or something like that. When only came to Six Flag for “Thomas Town”, otherwise we would have gone to Bush Gardens were we already had season passes and only would be a 45 minute to an hour drive. Imagine my sons dissappointment all dress in his Thomas attire, he had been talking about Thomas Town for a year. I the winter he would ask “is it warm enough to go to Thomas Town”. I contacted guest relations be I have not had a return call. The Six Flag Theme Park was not worth the money for me and my family without the Thomas Town attraction.

• admin

08/15/2011 at 6:57 am

That’s horrible, Dee. I can see why you’d be upset. I’d probably feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

2. Arturo Ramirez

08/22/2011 at 9:18 pm

Yo tambien fui desde Mexico a Six Flags Magic Mountain para llevar a mi hijo a conocer Thomas Town y me desilusione al saber que ya no existe. espero que lo re-abran nuevamente. lo peor fue que compre los boletos por internet para aprovechar el descuento y del coraje ya no fui, me quede con ellos y tratre de que me sean reembolsados.
    Gracias

3. Pat Carlisle

09/28/2011 at 11:55 am

My daughter and I were planning a trip to Six Flags in Georgia simply to take my grandson to Thomas Town. We were extremely disappointed to find it was closed. We just happened to stubble across this website while looking to see if any rides had been added this year. Who would have thought that rides centered on such a popular character would close so soon after opening!! I have 2 grandsons and 1 grandaughter who love Thomas. My son visited your park last year to take his son to Thomas Town. We felt this was a wonderful addition to the park for the younger children since everthing else is geared towards older kids and adults and Thomas is so beloved by all! Needless to say we will not be visiting your park since Thomas was the main attraction for our family! Sorry but THUMBS DOWN!!
    Thank you.

4. Drea

12/19/2011 at 4:31 pm

This is horrible news… A lot of my friends told me that I should take my son to six flags to see Thomas. He is one of the biggest fans of Thomas I know. He is turning 5 and I would of loved to make him one of the happiest 5 years old kid in the world by taking him to see Thomas. The pics are just horrible. It looks as though someone murdered Thomas, Percy and Gordon. Very disappointed!!! They should just get rid of all the kid rides. Thomas was the best thing they could of ever had.

5. seth

03/28/2012 at 11:43 am

We were planning to go next week and I am so upset to learn that Thomas Town is closed. Visiting Thomas Town was the only reason we were going to Six Flags. We may not go now.

6. Brenda

06/18/2012 at 6:49 pm

I cannot believe this!! I was so excited to take all my grandchildren this year.

06/19/2012 at 10:11 pm

The good news is that the rides are still there. The bad news is that they are no longer themed to Thomas.