Christmas 2011 At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 11/14/2011

As I arrived at Six Flags Magic Mountain this past weekend, I couldn’t help but notice they had started to put up their Christmas decorations. I use the word ‘started’ because I am hopeful there will be more coming. With the last day of Fright Fest less than two weeks ago, all traces of Halloween have been removed and there is definitely a much more festive mood in the air, not to mention Christmas music.

The first thing you notice when you arrive at the main gate is the two large Christmas wreaths that flank both sides of it:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

Once you pass through the main gate, you notice the light poles have some new holiday decorations, although I’m not quite sure what they are. I mean, I know it’s Santa Claus, but it doesn’t quite look finished. It appears to be a cross between a banner and a scarecrow. I couldn’t figure out why he was wearing a white bandana on his face until I realized it was supposed to be his beard:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

This one is obviously supposed to be a snowman, except I’ve never seen a snowman wear a night shirt before:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

I have no idea what this one is, however it certainly looks festive enough. I don’t mean to be overly critical, as I know they’re trying their best, but couldn’t they have at least shortened the poles they’re hanging from so they don’t stick out the sleeves?

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

As you move around the corner, you’ll notice that there are carolers lined up around the Six Flags Plaza fountain. I was only there during the day so I didn’t get to see them lit up at night, but I imagine they look nice:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

Behind the fountain there are several reindeer placed up along Valencia Falls. I love how one has its head dropped down, like he’s drinking from the water:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

The big guy himself even makes an appearance up in the falls:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

Santa must be a pretty good jumper for his size because he was standing in the falls and his sleigh was clear over on the side of the hill:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

Way over on the far side of the falls, where the water doesn’t really flow much anymore, were a couple of stragglers. Looks like Comet is leaping right into a pole again:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas 2011

I do hope that we see more Christmas decorations put up. People love holidays in theme parks and the more festive you can make it, the more enjoyable it is for them.

1. Bjorn H

11/15/2011 at 7:37 am

Will the park be crowded on 11/23/11. I know you can’t see into the future, but from your experience can you give me your best guess please?

11/15/2011 at 10:00 pm

My guess is yes, it will likely be crowded. That’s the start of the park’s five day Thanksgiving run. The local kids will be out of school and headed to the park for the day before going to grandma’s house the next day to celebrate the holiday. But don’t kid yourself, chances are that all five days will likely be pretty busy.

• Bjorn H

11/16/2011 at 6:25 am

ok, thanks, u have been hearing that kids don’t get out till Thursday. I have also been hearing many conflicting reports of how crowded it will be. Many say it will be dead during the week, but super crowded on the weekend. Thanks for the info though.

• JJJ

11/17/2011 at 10:08 pm

I was at the park last year on the Sunday of thanksgiving weekend. Extremely light crowds, but not every ride was open.

Also, traffic leaving the park at 6pm on the grapevine was terrible, going both ways.

2. Alex Vazquez

11/15/2011 at 7:50 pm

Hello coaster guy. it says on your profile that these pics were uploaded yesterday. did u go yesterday? or how do u get in the park because its only open saturdays and sundays isnt it?

11/15/2011 at 10:10 pm

I have a special key the park gave me that gets me in whenever I want. Just kidding. I visit the park at least once a week and I was just there on Sunday. I don’t have the time to process all the photos I take and write the articles as soon as I get home, so I’ll usually spread them over the course of the week, just in time for my next park visit the following weekend. Plus, it gives all of you something fresh to read each day. Sometimes I’ll send out quick updates and photos via Twitter (@TheCoasterGuy) and/or Facebook (TheCoasterGuy), so keep an eye on those as well.

• Alex Vazquez

11/16/2011 at 5:12 pm

Hahaha ok thats cool, and i will keep up with those other web sites.

11/19/2011 at 1:11 am

I like that third picture from the top, taken right in front of the FUNN CAKE place. Cake is indeed fun. 🙂

4. Pingback: Trip Report For 23 Nov 2011 |

5. Zac

12/29/2011 at 12:22 pm

if you ask my opinon, i think that the christmas decor they have over the street lamps are scarier than the pumpkins they use for fright fest…