UA-20143982-1 Season Pass Registration Process At Magic Mountain - The Coaster Guy
How to make money online

Six Flags Season Pass Registration Process At Magic Mountain

By on 02/11/2012

2013 Six Flags Season Pass

The Six Flags season pass registration process must be completed at some point after you buy a season pass. It’s a very standard process, but it may vary slightly from park to park. Below is the Six Flags season pass registration process for Six Flags Magic Mountain.

You can buy your Six Flags season pass online at Magic Mountain’s season pass web page or at the gate. Regardless of where you buy it, you’ll get a receipt that you must then convert to the actual pass. To do that, you need to visit the Season Pass Processing center. It’s located in front of the main gate, just to your right after you go through the metal detectors:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Registration

If the line is as short as it is in the above photo, you’ll be in and out in no time. However, if it looks like it does in the below photo, you might consider coming back another time. A line this long could take up to an hour to get through, and unlike a roller coaster queue, there’s no fun ride as a prize when you finally get to the front:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Registration

Fortunately, you don’t need the actual pass to get into the park. They will scan your receipt and let you into the park to start having fun right away. However, they will only do this one time, so keep checking back throughout the day and hop in line when you see it nice and short. If you leave for the day without getting your pass processed, you will need to wait in line for sure during your next visit, and the line might be longer. Also, if your pass includes parking, you’ll need to pay for parking during your next visit because you won’t have your card yet.

The inside of the processing center is pretty small, so they only let a few people in at a time. There is an employee at the head of the line that controls this. When a few people exit, they will let a few new people enter. If you bought your pass online, you should have already entered your personal information into their system. If it’s crowded, they may have a special line for those who already processed their personal information online. Check with the employee at the front of the line before you hop in the back of a long line.

When you enter the building, those who have not entered their personal information online will be placed at one of the eight computers lined up along the wall to the immediate right. Those who have processed their information skip this step:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Registration

Isn’t that rat’s nest of wiring attractive? After using the scanner to scan the barcode on your receipt, you’ll use the computer to enter all of your personal details on your account, such as your name and address. Next, you’ll move over to another short line to meet with one of the processing folks who will take your picture and print out your official Six Flags season pass:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Registration

They’ll ask you to stand with your back against the blue curtain while they use a small webcam to snap your photo. They’ll put the appropriate pass into a special printer, seen below in front of their keyboard, which prints your name, photo, and account number onto the pass. They’ll hand it to you and you’re done. You can then exit through the door on the opposite side of the room from where you entered and go enter the park:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Registration

Everyone should be aware of what a ‘season’ is. Since Six Flags Magic Mountain is technically open all year long, their definition of a season, at least as it pertains to their season passes, is the calendar year. Each pass is valid from January 1st though December 31st, for the year of the pass. For example, my 2013 Gold Season Pass is good through December 31, 2013. Since some parks end their season prior to the end of the year, their season goes until the last day of operations for that year. For specific operating dates, please see the calendar on the web site for your local Six Flags park by choosing it from the main Six Flags web site.

For an overview of whether or not a Six Flags season pass is right for you, please read my article: Six Flags Season Pass: Is It Worth It?

02/12/2012 at 12:19 am

It would seem to me that if you purchase your pass online, you could enter all of your information at that time instead of doing so at the park. Then all you’d have to do is print out proof of purchasing the pass (like you already do), then hand it to the person inside and get your picture taken and card issued immediately. The only time you should have to enter all of your personal information is if you decided to purchase that pass at the park. When I renewed mine a few weeks ago, I went straight to Will Call, paid, got my receipt, then went into the park because the line was crazy for pass processing. They did say that I had to get the pass processed that day, though.

02/12/2012 at 7:32 am

Excellent point for the online buyers, Eric. They could even dedicate a person or two inside to helping only those people, which would really make the process quick for them and be even more of an incentive for people to buy online. Good catch on only being able to enter the park once with your receipt. I forgot that tidbit and just added that to the overview.

2. Ryan O

02/12/2012 at 7:16 am

I didn’t know you could enter the park with just the receipt. I’ll keep that in mind for future reference!!

3. Evan

02/12/2012 at 8:45 am

I have a Season Pass but when are they shipping out the coupon books?

• Andrew

02/12/2012 at 8:54 am

They are at the park right now. Go to the processing center and pick one up from the cart located directly to the right.

02/12/2012 at 9:13 am

Take a look at the trip report I posted on 2/7 and scroll down to the bottom. You’ll see where they are handing them out.

• Evan

02/12/2012 at 9:16 pm

They don’t ship it to your house?

02/14/2012 at 7:23 am

Nope.

• Evan

02/14/2012 at 2:38 pm

Crap.

4. Andrew

02/12/2012 at 8:52 am

When I got my 2012 thrill pass on September 17th, 2011, there was NO LINE at all. Then, after I got my pass (around 6 PM) I went into the park and found an hour and 20 min. wait for Goliath… Then when I went back in January, the line for the processing center was longer than the line for X2!

02/12/2012 at 9:33 am

Andrew brings up an excellent point. If you’ve never had a season pass before, the fall is a great time to buy one. The park will usually start selling the next year’s passes around Sep/Oct. So when he bought his 2012 pass in September 2011, it was good for the rest of 2011 and all of 2012. He’ll get over 15 months of access from his 12 month pass.

• Andrew

02/12/2012 at 10:17 pm

They also gave out the remaining 2011 coupons to the 2012 passholders too.

• israel pita chavez

06/27/2018 at 9:09 pm

Disculpa si yo compré pases para temporada como le ago para registrarme ho desde que me los entregaron ya quedé registrado

5. Kobe

02/13/2012 at 7:56 am

That lady in the second to last picture looks like she’s about to beat you up for taking a picture of her. Haha

6. mike cee

02/13/2012 at 9:27 am

(quote)”At peak times, they have a separate line outside for those who bought online and those who bought at the park. I think the people who bought online are supposed to have priority access,” (end quote) …. That is true if you ordered on line you will have input all the info for the passes and you are able to go straight into processing area (priority line) as all you need is photo taken. If you have done this it only takes about 2 minutes and your out of there. I worked the line there last May/June and it gets crazy long but so fast if you dealt with it at home.

02/13/2012 at 9:43 am

Actually, after I bought my pass online I went through the ‘online’ line and still had to enter my personal data on the computer. It took just as long as the people who were buying their passes at the park.

7. JJJJ

02/18/2012 at 1:24 am

You might want to mention that if you process before the coupon books are out, and return in the future, theres no need to wait in line. Just walk in through the exit and ask for your booklet.

8. peter Acuna

04/13/2012 at 1:02 pm

Would like to know if there”s any event we would like to go to.. in the season Thank you ..

9. Golda

05/11/2012 at 3:22 am

What time does the season pass processing center open? Does it open before the park opens or when the park opens? I just want to get the process did and done 🙂

10. Victor

01/12/2013 at 2:12 pm

Of my thriller pass was issued on december 2012… It steal works on 2013

11. Pingback: Six Flags Season Pass: Is It Worth It? - The Coaster Guy

12. Pingback: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report 17 Feb 2013 - The Coaster Guy

13. adrienne

02/25/2013 at 1:59 pm

This was SO incredibly helpful! Wow! THANK YOU!!!

14. Matt M

04/02/2013 at 5:34 pm

What if you requested the passes through the mail? Do you still have to go through all of the procedures stated above? Also, would it be possible to get a picture of both front and back of the 2013 season gold pass either on the website or Emailed directly to me?

04/02/2013 at 6:07 pm

You still need to go through registration because they need to take your photo and give you your season pass.

15. Mikayla

05/07/2013 at 8:39 am

You said something about the parking. If I purchase my Golds Pass online does that mean I will have to pay for parking the first time? Or can I just show the recipt to park if I am going to get my actual card that day

05/07/2013 at 9:14 am

I heard of people having their receipt scanned at the toll booth and being let in. I’ve also heard of people having to pay and then go to Guest Services for a refund. I’m not sure which one is true, but I hope it would be the former. Call the park to find out for sure.

• Looper

05/07/2013 at 2:52 pm

“If I purchase my Golds Pass online does that mean I will have to pay for parking the first time?”

YES YOU NEED TO PAY FOR PARKING AND NO YOU WONT BE REFUNDED FOR THAT 1ST VISIT.

TO AVOID THAT FIRST DAY PARKING FEE PULL INTO THE GUEST DROP OFF AREA AND PERSON THAT IS GETTING GOLD PASS HAVE THEM GO TO SEASON PASS AND PROCESS GOLD PASS THEN RETURN TO CAR AND GO THROUGH THE TOLL BOOTH AND NO CHARGE FOR PARKING.

16. mikey

06/20/2013 at 12:41 pm

Hi,just wondering, what if I no longer have the print out ticket that I was supposed to have turned into my pass on the day of my visit :/?? I used the voucher, got into the park, but forgot to return afterwards to the processing center to get my picture taken and get the actual pass.

06/20/2013 at 2:29 pm

You’ll need to call the park and ask. Since it hadn’t been processed yet, you may be out of luck. On the other hand, they may have your info from the online purchase and treat it like a lost pass. Either way, you need to call them.

17. chela

06/28/2013 at 7:11 pm

What about a membership can I buy it at the door

06/29/2013 at 6:14 am

I’m pretty sure you’re able to start a membership at the gate, but that’s a good question. I’ll look into it.

18. j

07/03/2013 at 3:39 pm

What happens if you leave the park without processing the pass?

19. J

07/05/2013 at 12:25 pm

So once I go back I just take the voucher and get it processed right?

20. A

02/03/2014 at 10:17 am

Can someone please tell me what the hours of the season pass processing center at Magic Mountain are? Do their hours mirror the park’s hours, or are they more limited? My husband and I will be flying in on a Friday afternoon for a Saturday/Sunday visit and we’d like to run over to get the processing of our season passes out of the way on that Friday evening (and perhaps get a ride or two in!) if at all possible. We’ll be there over Memorial Day weekend 🙂

21. kaniyah

06/15/2014 at 12:36 pm

this is all great information but how do i register my season pass online.

22. Whittney

05/19/2015 at 9:52 pm

What happens if I lose my season pass? Like it’s already processed and everything, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere….also my finger print is on file too.

05/19/2015 at 11:18 pm

Go to the Season Pass Registration building (in front of the main gate), with your ID, and they should be able to replace it for you. There may be a small fee, but I’m not positive.

23. Maddie

08/17/2015 at 3:37 am

Hi I have a question I purchased tickets online and paid for my cousin with my card but he put in his email address and we can’t seem to find bit in the system, so I was wondering if we can go and not have to pay for a pass again, and would he be able to go in. Like do we have to go to the desk and tell them his info or what will I need. Because I don’t want to get charged again.

08/17/2015 at 8:26 am

I guess I don’t understand. If you paid online, you just print out the tickets and bring them with you. If the tickets were supposed to be sent to his email address, and he never got them, you need to call Six Flags. I do not recommend showing up at the park and expecting them to be able to look up your purchase. Probably isn’t going to happen.

24. Tammy

03/03/2016 at 8:19 pm

I just purchased a gold pass for my 10 year old son. If I send him with an adult friend can he use his gold pass to get the free parking even though he is not the driver?

03/03/2016 at 10:18 pm

Absolutely! You only need one Gold pass to get through parking, and it doesn’t need to be the driver.

25. V

03/29/2016 at 7:37 pm

My family and I will be visiting six flags this coming Sunday, and I was wondering if we would have to pay for parking. We have purchased season passes with 1 free parking pass and we will be registering our passes once we get there.

03/31/2016 at 8:14 am

This is always a tricky one. In the past, when you bought parking as part of a season pass, you’d have to get the season pass processed first before you could use it. That meant you couldn’t get through the parking tollbooth without first going to Season Pass Processing in the front of the park and getting everything activated. I think they fixed that now and they will just scan your printout at the tollbooth. However, you might want to call ahead, just to verify.

26. Steve

07/29/2016 at 5:34 pm

Hi. I see that a season pass is a lot cheaper if you buy 4+. I am planning to take myself and two kids. So three of us. If I bought four season passes but only three of us showed up at the pass registration center would that be a problem?

07/29/2016 at 10:46 pm

Absolutely no problem. You’ll get four vouchers than can be processed independently. You can give (or sell) the fourth to a friend and they can process it on their own whenever.

• Steven Vincent

07/31/2016 at 8:55 pm

Hi

I think that was a reply to my question… But I don’t see my question.. Lol

I can sell or give away the fourth pass? I thought that’d be trouble since it asks name and age when you buy them online.

Thanks very much for your help!

27. sandee johnson

09/23/2016 at 8:22 pm

I purchased 8 season passes online and assigned 6 of them to children in my care, listing names and ages. We have not attended to process the passes yet. I just learned one of the foster kids is leaving my care next week. Can I somehow assign that pass to a new name?

09/26/2016 at 5:58 pm

I’m honestly not sure, Sandee. I would recommend calling the park and asking them.

• Kevin

06/12/2018 at 8:24 pm

Did you ever find out? I am doing foster care as well and have a similar situation

06/26/2018 at 6:58 am

The quickest way to find out is to call the park and ask.