Thrill Shot Being Removed From Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 02/15/2012

Six Flags Magic Mountain Thrill Shot

Our friends over at Screamscape reported last night that people are seeing a large crane towards the back of Six Flags Magic Mountain, possibly being used to finally remove Thrill Shot. After a quick check with the park’s PR department this morning, it has been confirmed. After sitting idle for roughly three years, Thrill Shot is finally being taken down. However, they are not yet ready to announce what will be going in that space. For an overview of what Thrill Shot was, you can read my review of it here.

Personally, I think it’s related to all of the other prep work currently being done in the park. You think this spot could be used as a footer if a massive coaster is in fact installed in Log Jammer’s old spot and goes up and over the hill? It’s definitely a possibility. I think there are going to be some really big announcements for what’s coming in 2013. I’ll grab some photos of the work being done when I’m there this weekend.

Six Flags Magic Mountain Thrill Shot

In related news, there are several new food selections coming to the park for the 2012 season. The park plans on making those announcements shortly.

1. Magic Alumni

02/15/2012 at 11:44 am

My guess is they’re killing two birds with one stone. They were going to have to bring a large crane on site to install LL:DOD so they might as well take down the long closed Thrill Shot at the same time.

2. Jacob

02/15/2012 at 12:17 pm

or possibly as Kurt said its for whatever is being put in place of log jammer. i can see thrill shots place as a structure for a part of the coaster. like how goliaths supports are on the lift hill and the second hill. who knows. hopefully we’ll also get some news about deja vu’s old place and what will go there along with the announcement of this new ride.
    (just a thought but wouldn’t it be funny if the reason they are also removing the monorail at the same time is so that this possible coaster could rush through that tunnel that was for the monorail.)

3. Ryan O

02/15/2012 at 5:02 pm

Yay! Now let’s hope that there’s a good reason behind this. And knowing Six Flags, there’s a good chance of that because they never remove anything unless they have to!

4. Evan

02/16/2012 at 6:19 am

Thrill Shot’s space is a bit too small for more room for a roller coaster. Log Jammer’s space is HUGE, I have a feeling it is staying in that general area. And about Vu’s old place, I don’t see any plans for that area too soon. In Log Jammer’s place it will be indeed a roller coaster, but not an Intamin or B&M but…a Premier.

• caleb

02/17/2012 at 5:25 pm

I know they won’t have B&M, but is no Intamin your guess or have u heard that from a source?

• Evan

02/17/2012 at 5:30 pm

A source that I’ve known for at least 6 years now. He works in maintenance.

• caleb

02/22/2012 at 7:25 pm

Sweet thanks for the info!

5. Alex V.

02/16/2012 at 7:35 pm

A huge coaster is coming i have a feeling, that log jammer area is huge there probably going to take all the trees out of that area and build a big ride

6. Troy

02/16/2012 at 8:52 pm

^ Lets hope it’s what the coaster guy predicts, giga!

7. Troy

02/18/2012 at 3:50 pm

^ Oh ya? Well I heard it was gunna be a wooden launch coaster made by Mack from a maintence guy I’ve known for 8 years!

• Evan

02/18/2012 at 8:29 pm

A wooden launched…that sounds like it could be good if were to use Pre-Fab track.

8. Donovan B

02/19/2012 at 1:07 am

@ Troy

I can’t tell if your being sarcastic or not, but that does sound pretty awesome.
    Giving with all of the conflicting insider information, i’m not going to get my hopes up to one idea just yet. I’m just happy to see so much work going into the park right now, and I know that in 2013 we are not going to be disappointed.

9. Troy

02/19/2012 at 1:51 pm

^ Ya sorry I was being sarcastic…

• Evan