- New VR Coaster Experience Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
- Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Construction Update #5
- The Coaster Run Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain on April 2nd
- Tatsu Being Repaired at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Photo Gallery: Snowy Nights 2016 – The Mistletones
First Construction Photos Of Lex Luthor: Drop Of Doom
Six Flags Magic Mountain will be debuting the world’s tallest drop coaster this coming spring when they unveil Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom. At roughly 400′ tall, it will not be for the faint of heart. The drop tower will be attached to both sides of the existing 415′ tall Superman tower. Prep work began on the tower a few weeks ago and we now have the very first photos of the actual construction work being done.
This first photo shows some block work being done behind and to the side of the tower:
This is a closer look of the work being done. With all of the rebar coming out from the sides, all the way around, I was thinking it would probably be covered with concrete. However, judging by how high the bars are coming out of the far wall, that would be a very thick slab of concrete, and that just doesn’t seem right:
This work is obviously being done directly behind and at the base of the tower:
Looking back at the block work, you can see a trench leading out, up towards the tower:
This is an opposite view of the trench, showing some wires already being laid in:
I’ll be sure to more construction photos as I get them, so stay tuned!