- Coca-Cola® July 4th Fest 2016 at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Virtual Roller Coaster Theaters Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2017
- Six Flags Magic Mountain Adds The Flash Pass to Season Pass Offerings
- The New Revolution Media Day at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report For 13 Mar 2016
First Construction Photos Of Lex Luthor: Drop Of Doom
Six Flags Magic Mountain will be debuting the world’s tallest drop coaster this coming spring when they unveil Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom. At roughly 400′ tall, it will not be for the faint of heart. The drop tower will be attached to both sides of the existing 415′ tall Superman tower. Prep work began on the tower a few weeks ago and we now have the very first photos of the actual construction work being done.
This first photo shows some block work being done behind and to the side of the tower:
This is a closer look of the work being done. With all of the rebar coming out from the sides, all the way around, I was thinking it would probably be covered with concrete. However, judging by how high the bars are coming out of the far wall, that would be a very thick slab of concrete, and that just doesn’t seem right:
This work is obviously being done directly behind and at the base of the tower:
Looking back at the block work, you can see a trench leading out, up towards the tower:
This is an opposite view of the trench, showing some wires already being laid in:
I’ll be sure to more construction photos as I get them, so stay tuned!