Lex Luthor: Drop Of Doom Pieces Installed By Helicopter

By on 04/12/2012

Six Flags Magic Mountain posted the following picture on their Facebook page (here). It shows a helicopter being used to install the very first pieces of Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom onto the Superman tower:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Helicopter

Image © Six Flags

These photos were also taken by Six Flags Magic Mountain, from the Sky Tower:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Helicopter

Image © Six Flags

Six Flags Magic Mountain Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Helicopter

Image © Six Flags

1. Jacob

04/12/2012 at 12:34 pm

now i really can’t wait for your next trip report. especially since i can just barley see a crane at the base of the tower.

2. Jose

04/12/2012 at 1:35 pm

Oh god. Your posts always give me the butterflies. I am lowkey scared to go on this but I am so pumped. I love your website keep up the good work.

3. Louie

04/12/2012 at 2:43 pm

I can’t imagine being one of the workers that have to install it at that height O_O

• joe miranda

04/12/2012 at 3:28 pm

That wold be awesome to be able to not only build, but to be a part of history. 🙂 Thank God For Six Flags Magic Mountain! 🙂

4. Andrew

04/12/2012 at 6:47 pm

LL:DOD has gone vertical!!! Went to the park today and there are pieces installed on the Superman tower!

5. Bob winek

04/12/2012 at 7:49 pm

When is the estimated date for LLDOD and do u have any ideas what’s going in the log jammer place

04/12/2012 at 8:19 pm

All we know is they hope to open LL:DOD in “Spring”, so take your best guess. As for what’s going into Log Jammer’s place, it will be a new roller coaster for the 2013 season. Nothing official has been announced yet, but rumors are swirling about a launched coaster with a record-breaking loop and the name “Full Throttle”. However, I’m still thinking that may have been a red herring to throw everyone off. We’ll just have to wait and see.

04/12/2012 at 11:09 pm

Wouldn’t it be funny if the ride was named Red Herring?

At this stage the coaster is just a rumor, though definitely a possibility. As a comparison, Colossus covers about ten acres. There are about six acres of land in Log Jammer’s area, so that is plenty of room for something. Considering that the old Metro tunnel is available, that could open up even more ideas. All of this has been floating around since Log Jammer’s closure, but I’m going to wait till SFMM officially announces something. Whatever they plan for 2013 will be announced about six to eight months from now.

• Bob winek

04/14/2012 at 11:00 pm

Cool thanks keep us updated

6. Andrew

04/12/2012 at 9:35 pm

I read an article on the L.A Times saying a world record breaking coaster was going to take place of log jammer with the worlds biggest loop

04/12/2012 at 9:48 pm

But what was that article based on? It says it was from something that Six Flags Magic Mountain posted on their Facebook page, but it’s not there now and I haven’t talked to anyone who ever saw it. I’m not sure that I can trust that it’s true.

7. Seth

04/13/2012 at 6:49 pm

I was there that day but was out for lunch when the helicopter came in, I have some photos of everything they did that day on the tower if your interested.

8. Zac

04/13/2012 at 8:56 pm

YAY! bring on the worlds tallest and fastest verical drop ride!

9. Damien Nguyen-Tran

04/13/2012 at 9:18 pm

Is it almost finished?

10. Ryan O

04/14/2012 at 10:08 am

All because some guys were too lazy to take the stairs… *shakes head*

• Tim

04/20/2012 at 11:40 am

That beam weighed 4300 lbs- thats more than your average car!! You shake your head out of total ignorance.

11. Pingback: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report 14 Apr 2012 |