Six Flags Conducts 2013 Ride Attraction Development Survey

By on 04/20/2012

Six Flags Logo

Six Flags has released a survey looking for feedback on a new attraction they are considering for the 2013 or 2014 season. Below are some of the questions contained in the survey, however it is not the entire survey. I’ll explain why below.

The first page was just an overview of what to expect in the survey:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

Since it is a company-wide survey, they narrow down a bit about you, where you are located, and what your home park is:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

More about you and how often you visit a Six Flags park. I chose Six Flags Magic Mountain on the previous screen as my home park, so the questions were then tailored to that particular park:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

More about you:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

Trying to categorize you:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

This is where the meat of the survey really began, as far as being able to provide feedback. It was nice to have a freeform box to give all of your thoughts and opinions, as opposed to having to select from a pre-formed list:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

What kind of new attractions would you like to see introduced to the park?

Six Flags 2013 Survey

What don’t you want to see? It would really be a shame if Drop Tower ended up being the top pick here considering they are currently building the world’s tallest drop tower with Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

This is where I have to stop sharing the survey. They specifically asked that we not share anything that we saw with regards to what they are planning around new rides and attractions:

Six Flags 2013 Survey

While I won’t say anything about what I saw on the following pages, I will say that I am delighted that we are at least given the opportunity to preview what they are thinking about doing and able to provide feedback. I would love for them to take it one step further and bring in random season pass holders and/or seasoned coaster enthusiasts for an in-person focus group once they get to a point where they have concept art and are pretty much locked onto their final plan, but before they start to execute it.

These surveys are sent out to the Six Flags Advisory Panel. If you would like to apply to be on the panel, you can do so by clicking here.

1. Ryan

04/20/2012 at 10:02 am

Thanks for wasting my time.

2. Cameron

04/20/2012 at 12:09 pm

How did you get this survey?

04/20/2012 at 3:40 pm

They are sent out to the Six Flags Advisory Panel. I’ve updated the post to include a link at the bottom if you would like to apply to be on the panel.

• Cameron

04/20/2012 at 4:48 pm

I signed up for that already, and they didn’t send me anything

04/20/2012 at 6:48 pm

It’s not really a sign-up. It’s more of an application. You may not have been chosen to be on the panel.

3. Kobe

04/20/2012 at 3:18 pm

I kno right wasted my time reading this.

4. Andrew

04/20/2012 at 7:28 pm

I got this survey too! Very interesting…..

5. Myles

04/20/2012 at 8:25 pm

I am not saying on the info and questions they asked on this survey because I promised. but OH MY GAAAAWWWWWD is all I can say

04/20/2012 at 8:58 pm

I joined the Six Flags Advisory Panel some time ago and have filled out a few surveys, this one included. Being the law abiding person I am, I will not share any of it anywhere, anyhow. While keeping things on the QT is not a legal, binding contract, I do respect the park’s wishes. And besides, it’s fun being “in” on future plans and not telling anyone. 😉

7. Victor

04/20/2012 at 9:36 pm

after reading this article I went on over to my email and sure enough found the same email took me more then 15 mins by far to fill out but very much enjoyed answering the questions and the direction some of the questions hint at even more excited then before about the future of six flags magic mountain

04/20/2012 at 10:05 pm

I easily spent 30-45 minutes filling out mine. I put a lot of thought into my responses and gave them what I feel is really strong feedback. I just hope it gets read and taken seriously.

• JJJJ

04/21/2012 at 2:05 am

Im sorry to say, but thats not how this kind of survey works. They simply put the keyword into a database and count recurrences. It would be nice if someone read our responses, but all they care about is percentages and frequencies.

• Victor

04/21/2012 at 2:11 am

I did the same I was very detailed in my explanations but from what JJJJ is saying I guess that sucks but then again the more detail the more keywords they will find right? haha oh well

8. JJJJ

04/21/2012 at 2:03 am

I got the survey as well. I wasnt able to fill it out as well as I would have liked because it sucked to browse on a phone.

The results to every question, btw, should always be “logs, monorail, freefall”.

IE: What kind of thrill rides would you like to see?
    “logs, monorail, freefall”.

What kind of flat rides?
    “logs, monorail, freefall”.

What kind of food?
    “logs, monorail, freefall”.

Also, the secrecy thing doesnt make much sense. Theres no legal contract, and all it takes is one person to let everyone know. In fact, the way the secrecy thing is worded it seems more like they want people to share the news and build hype.

9. SFXC

04/27/2012 at 11:40 pm

Been on the Advisory Panel for over a year, answered tons of surveys, but didn’t get this one..sad );

10. Byron Lopez

07/09/2012 at 10:14 am

I didn’t take a survey but I know all about new attractions because an employee told me

11. Jackson

07/24/2012 at 1:46 pm

Grrrrr I want them to open Superman escape from krypton and lex luther drop of doom then get rid of the original Superman and Replace it with a sky screamer. And make one cart on Mr. Freeze go Forwards and One Backwards. -SOFT

07/24/2012 at 1:54 pm

Both Superman: Escape from Krypton and Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom are open now. What “original” Superman are you referring to? The park only has the one. Also, there is no Mr. Freeze ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

12. Jackson

08/16/2012 at 9:08 pm

I was talking about the mr freeze at sfot. I was talking about sfot.