Lex Luthor: Drop Of Doom Delayed One Week

By on 06/26/2012

Six Flags Magic Mountain Lex Luthor Drop of Doom Logo

Six Flags Magic Mountain just put out a bulletin announcing that the opening of Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom has been delayed by one week. They need to perform some additional testing. With a drop that tall and that fast, I say take all the time you need to make sure it’s perfect! I’m more than happy to wait an additional week or two to ensure everything is in perfect working order. The Media Preview has been moved to Friday, July 6th. The public debut has been moved to Saturday, July 7th.

06/26/2012 at 8:40 pm

I have to agree with this decision. It’s better to delay it a week and make sure everything’s perfect before they start dropping people down a 400-foot tower.

2. Someone

06/26/2012 at 8:53 pm

Well only 6-8 days of testing is not enough! Good decision.

Amount of times they’ve delayed LL: DOD, About 4

3. Will P.

06/26/2012 at 8:56 pm

I’m in as well, in agreement with Six Flags decision. I said in my earlier posts, that this ride will take anywhere from 1 1/2- 2 weeks testing. this so they can make any needed changes in the testing to make sure all is safe, and in place. Nothing is ever Perfect, but it’s always good to make sure it’s as close to Perfect as possible. Great Decision. It’s a pain in the butt to those who set their schedules for the 30th, but I’d rather be safe, than sorry if I’m those people on June 30th.

4. Neil

06/26/2012 at 9:04 pm

I agree, too. One of the things is that they also have to train the operators. Even for checking seats, the employees need to be on location. Also to actually operate the ride requires many more hours of on-location training and they have to train the whole crew which should be about 12 people. I think that extra week is to get the training done, which can also be used for more testing.

5. Troy W.

06/27/2012 at 12:02 am

Safety issues aside, I doubt they had everything setup anyways. From the looks of it the other day, they were rushing to get the queue finalized and such. When they first opened Terminator (Apocalypse) the decor was incredibly rushed. They seem to have a habit of leaving things for the very last minute.

6. JIMMY TOVAR

06/27/2012 at 4:16 am

GOOD call Magic Mountain….. I thought it was a bit to soon to open it this week.

7. Anthony

06/27/2012 at 1:11 pm

Better safe than sorry(:
    Im going on July 11 can’t wait to go on this!^.^

8. Danny

06/27/2012 at 2:51 pm

Can anyone go to media/preview day? Ad will anyone be able to ride LL:DOD

06/27/2012 at 3:04 pm

The Media Preview is by invitation only. If I’m not mistaken, you need to be a member of the press (network, radio, newspaper, etc) or a blogger, and submit a request to the park to be added to their media contact list.

06/27/2012 at 6:27 pm

In my case, as an ACE member, we are often invited to these events because they need people to fill ride vehicles for the sake of the media. Just last month I was at SeaWorld on Manta’s media day and got to ride it about a dozen times. The park doesn’t pay us, but oftentimes we get breakfast and the chance to be on TV or interviewed by newspaper/magazine people.

9. Danny

06/27/2012 at 3:20 pm

How do i submit a request ti SFMM?

06/27/2012 at 6:28 pm

Depending on what your request is, your best bet is to contact Guest Relations.