Parking Increases To $17 At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 07/12/2012

You know it was bound to happen sooner or later. Six Flags Magic Mountain just raised the cost of one-day parking from $15 to $17 per car. Most of the other Six Flags parks had already raised their rates, so we knew it was coming. Even with the increase, Magic Mountain is still one of the least expensive Six Flags parks to park at. Only three of the ten U.S. Six Flags parks are charging $17 for a one-day parking pass. Three charge $18, three charge $20, and Six Flags Great Adventure charges a whopping $22 to park for the day. Season parking passes are still only $50, the best deal of all if you plan on visiting the park at least three times.

07/12/2012 at 1:13 pm

This news is no surprise to me. Screamscape has reported the rate increases at other Six Flags parks. In a sense, we should be grateful that here in California, SFMM’s parking was “only” $15. A $2 increase isn’t that much, but an increase is an increase. The increase just makes having the Xtreme pass all the better deal. Right now, it’s $125 per year—a tremendous bargain even if you only visit two or three times. Honestly, even if the Xtreme pass goes up to, say, $150 or even $200, it’s still a bargain considering that you get 25% off of most merchandise and food. I don’t think the regular pass does that.

• Jimmy Tovar

07/12/2012 at 3:18 pm

Agreed Eric. We should be so lucky. I just purchased my extreme season pass. It seemed like the only one that really was the best bargain.

• Dylan Reich

07/12/2012 at 3:38 pm

I also agree. You earn the parking back very quickly and the 25% discount helps out a lot, mainly putting the Dole Whips under $3 (:

2. Xander

07/12/2012 at 7:46 pm

The daily cost to enter the park has also risen by $3.

07/14/2012 at 9:05 pm

Excellent catch, Xander, I didn’t even notice that! I’ll have to update that in another post, as well as update my Park Info page.

3. Jaryd

07/12/2012 at 9:19 pm

Kurt do u think its worth it to get a season pass ?

07/13/2012 at 6:49 pm

If you visit SFMM more than a couple of times during the year, a season pass more than pays for itself. For a number of years, I’ve been getting the Xtreme pass because not only is parking included, but you get 25% off of most food and merchandise as well. That can add up.

To me, if you get the regular pass (which I think is about the same as a one-day ticket) and add the $50 parking, you might as well get the Xtreme pass.

07/14/2012 at 9:03 pm

Even if you only go the the park twice a year, a basic season pass saves you money on admission. If you go three times, an Xtreme pass will save you money if you factor in the cost of parking. I go to the park roughly every week, or 40-50 times a year, so I’m definitely money ahead by buying an Xtreme season pass. And like Eric says, you save 25% on most everything in the park, so you really can’t go wrong with it.

4. Jerry

07/19/2012 at 7:54 am

At $17 for a parking pass, they should start allowing in & outs. They fill up the lots pretty well and even though $2 isn’t a big deal it is still an increase and people always have something to say about increases. Surprised Disney still at $15 a car.