New Fright Fest Maze Being Built In Log Jammer Station

By on 09/01/2012

Six Flags Fright Fest

The mystery of the wood platforms seen being built earlier this week in the old Log Jammer station at Six Flags Magic Mountain has been solved. They are walls being used to construct a new maze for the upcoming Fright Fest. When Log Jammer still existed, this queue area was used for the Warehouse 13 maze during Fright Fest. Since you had to walk through the permanent switchbacks, there wasn’t a lot they could do and it was pretty lame. I’m hoping that with solid walls specially built for this one purpose that they are able to do more with it this year, perhaps even take advantage of the upstairs portion of the building, which used to house extra “logs”. Below are a couple of pictures that I was able to capture today of what they have built so far.

As seen from the former exit:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest 2012

As seen from the former entrance:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest 2012

From the back:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest 2012

As you can see, there’s a bunch more lumber and pre-built walls lying around, so I don’t think they are done yet.

1. Andrew

09/01/2012 at 9:02 pm

Any other news from your trip today? Was it busy today?

09/01/2012 at 9:10 pm

Nothing worth a special report. Got all my pics for the Riddler’s and Jet Stream profiles. The park wasn’t nearly as crowded as I was expecting. Now I gotta go for my nightly 3 mile run before it gets too late. Ciao!

09/01/2012 at 10:11 pm

I had a feeling those wooden pallets were going to be for a Fright Fest maze—that just seemed to make the most sense.

It’s been awhile since I last rode Riddler’s Revenge. Even the single rider line can be halfway down the stairs sometimes.

• Andrew

09/02/2012 at 8:39 am

I’m always the only one on the riddler single rider line. The green lantern single rider line is a different story. Lex Luthor there’s usually 2 people in front of me.

09/02/2012 at 10:27 am

I’ve used the Lex Luthor single rider line and didn’t have to wait long. But Green Lantern’s single rider line…long time…

3. Donovan Boczko

09/01/2012 at 11:29 pm

I know this is off topic for this post, but whats with the Log Jammer ride info sign still being up? Can’t imagine its that hard to take down. Anyway, hopefully warehouse 13 is better this year, it was one of the worst mazes they had for the last couple of years (2 years?), IMO.

Also, BRING BACK HECKLES AND TWITCH!

• DC Marvel

09/02/2012 at 10:25 am

Ya, Warehouse 13 was lame. You could easily see the people hiding and waiting to scare you. There only cover was one crate! Plus, they were wearing bright clothes.

• Xander

09/02/2012 at 1:31 pm

New maze. Warehouse would be an old maze. And you’re not the only one that wants Heckles and Twitch back, but something tells me you shouldn’t hold your breathe.

4. Brian

09/03/2012 at 6:37 pm

Is the Warehouse 13 maze based on the television series on Syfy?

• Donovan Boczko