2013 Season Passes Available At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 09/02/2012

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2013 Season Pass

Here it is, only the beginning of September 2012, and the 2013 Season Passes are already available at Six Flags Magic Mountain. If you don’t already have a season pass, now is the best time to buy one. Not only are they good for the rest of 2012, plus all of 2013, but there are also several new perks available with the new passes as well. Let’s take a look at what you get with each one.

Thrill Pass

The most basic pass, and least expensive, is the Thrill Pass. At only $64.99, it’s the exact same price as if you were to buy a one-day ticket at the main gate, so you might as well buy a season pass. In addition to unlimited admission to Six Flags Magic Mountain through 2013, you also get all of the following benefits:

• Free park admission to every other Six Flags Theme Park
  • Special days to bring a friend for free
  • Exclusive ride time events
  • Discounts on tickets for friends
  • Coupon book full of in-park discounts

Combo Pass

The next step up is the Combo Pass, which will cost you $99.99. It has all of the same benefits of the Thrill Pass, but it adds on unlimited admission to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Los Angeles.

Gold Pass

The best deal of all the season passes is the new Gold Pass. At $114.99, you get unlimited admission to all Six Flags theme parks, unlimited admission to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Los Angeles, and free parking at every Six Flags theme park. At $17 and up to park at most Six Flags parks, this perk alone pays for the additional cost of the pass in no time. Additional benefits for the Gold Pass include:

• An extra Bring-A-Friend Free ticket on select days
  • VIP early entry to Six Flags Magic Mountain (starting in 2013)
  • VIP early entry to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Los Angeles (starting in 2013)

All of the above passes can also be purchased on a 12-month payment plan, making them even more affordable.

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2013 Season Pass

Limited-time Bonus

As a way of promoting the new Gold Pass, Six Flags is currently offering free upgrades with the purchase of four or more Thrill Passes. Buy at least four Thrill Passes and have them processed at the park by January 6, 2013 and you will automatically be upgraded to four Gold Passes!

Prices and details are subject to change at any time, so please be sure to visit the official Six Flags Magic Mountain web site (here) for the absolutely latest information.

09/02/2012 at 12:38 pm

Interesting…they’ve taken $10 off of the price of the former Xtreme Pass and rebranded it as “Gold.” It’s great that you can use this pass for free admission AND parking at all Six Flags parks. However, it appears that they’ve dropped the in-park 25% food and merchandise discount. That was a nice perk for me and I’ll miss it. But at some point, I’ll pick my 2013 pass up anyway. I’ve had a pass since about 1994, and upgraded to Xtreme when they first offered it.

One thought about this. The Gold pass is way underpriced in my opinion. They could (and should) charge $149.99, and it would be a steal.

On another note, I wonder if they’ll offer the all-you-can-eat all season deal? When they sent out those surveys sometime back, I got one and filled it out. One thing mentioned on it was a proposed $69.99 per person deal where you got one free meal per visit. (I’m sure that would be from selected food outlets, though, not anywhere you want.) I would do that in lieu of the former 25% discount, being that I usually only eat one meal per visit, and that would pay for itself rather quickly.

09/02/2012 at 9:17 pm

I noticed they dropped the 25% discount as well. That was a heck of a perk that I’m going to miss. At least we still have the 5% Discover card discount.

I’d buy one of those season meal passes in a heartbeat. Going to the park on average of once a week, they’d lose money feeding me. 😉

09/03/2012 at 1:46 pm

Even if I come once a month, they’d lose money. I think they’re banking on people making two or three visits per season on average. However, I have yet to see anything about this, so maybe it was just an idea. But it’s also kind of early for 2013, so we’ll just see what happens…

• Kim

04/02/2013 at 11:02 pm

They do now sell a season dining dining pass for $99 which includes a lunch from 11:30-3:30 and dinner from 4:30-7:30 every visit, unlimited throughout the year. For an extra $25 you can include hurricane harbor. It doesn’t include drinks, and the restaurants and menu items are limited but there are quite a few selections and it is a fantastic deal. It only takes about 4 visits to pay for itself (5 if you include the hurricane harbor option) as meals are about $12 plus tax on average. We’ve used it for two visits now and it is well worth it as we intend to go often this year.

2. JJJJ

09/02/2012 at 6:56 pm

I wonder if the food discount will come back with the loyalty card survey stuff?

The free gold pass upgrade looks to be great for college students as its easy to muster a group of 4.

09/02/2012 at 9:18 pm

I wouldn’t hold your breath on the discount coming back any time soon.

3. Byron Lopez

09/04/2012 at 12:49 pm

Kurt since you’re a really good park updater you should also make a blog of deaths in the park and maybe even ghost sightings in the park. Like have you heard about the kid who runs under colossus after the park is closed severel people say its Just a myth others say its real. Some Internet sources claim it wears a stripped shirt. Some former park employees have told stories. But I known that park for nine years I’ve never seen anything out of the ordinary.

4. JJJJ

09/04/2012 at 7:21 pm

Does the gold pass include mexico as the standard pass always has (ie, parking in mexico)?

Fun fact: The standard annual pass is 409 pesos in mexico city ($31).

Its good at every other six flags, as long as you activate it there.

Its always been the cheapest way to get an annual pass, by far (i did it in 2010). While the mexican website still shows the 2012 pass, Im interested in what the gold pass would go for.

For something like $65, it would be an amazing bargain.

5. Bob Magana

10/19/2012 at 2:11 pm

Just found the site the other day and love it! Just bought my family the season pass, really due to this site! Ive loved MM since I was a kid. But havent been since 2009. So im ready! And pumped. Hitting it up tonight!

10/19/2012 at 2:21 pm

Thanks, Bob! I’m glad you like the site. Be sure to tell all your friends. 🙂

6. Erick Reyes

11/05/2012 at 10:38 am

I think that six flags is the best and I am 13 years old

7. alexis

01/11/2013 at 8:38 am

Anyone know about any coupons for Six Flags? I’m planning to go this Sunday 1/13/13 :)Thanks!

8. Gregg

05/08/2013 at 9:18 am

Do they allow overnight parking for RVs, or is there a nearby area where you can park one? And does the Gold Pass cover RV parking fees?

Comment: I was on hold with their customer service number for ONE HOUR last night, and then the call dropped. I’ve been on hold for over 30 minutes this morning on a landline. That’s inexcusable customer service.

05/08/2013 at 9:54 am

They do have a dedicated RV parking area, but I don’t believe you can park there overnight. I’m also not sure if a parking pass includes RVs or not. I’m afraid you’ll need to check with the park.

There is an RV park only two miles from the park called Valencia Travel Village. Their web site is http://www.valenciatravelvillagellc.com.

9. Mellisa

05/19/2013 at 3:25 pm

I was wondering, my season Gold pass was purchased last September, it was the deal Of 2012-2013, BUT i was wondering if it expired the Same month we bought it, or until December? If anyone would be so kind to tell me? Thanks 🙂

05/19/2013 at 6:37 pm

The season passes are good until the end of the calendar year listed on the front of the pass, regardless of when you bought it. If your pass says 2013 on the front, then it’s good through Dec 31, 2013.

10. Mervatte

01/26/2014 at 6:19 pm

Anyone knows about the VIP Gold Member hours?

01/26/2014 at 6:59 pm

The Gold Season Pass will get you into the park 10 minutes early.