UA-20143982-1 Mini Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report For 18 Nov 2012 - The Coaster Guy

Mini Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report For 18 Nov 2012

By on 11/19/2012

My trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain yesterday was mainly focused on getting a construction update for the new Full Throttle roller coaster. You can see that update here. However, there were a couple of other updates, including the latest on the Sling Shot installation.

The first thing you notice when you approach the main gate is that the Christmas decorations are starting to go up. They usually have a couple of toy soldiers flanking the gate, so I don’t think they’re done yet:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas

The Six Flags Plaza fountain has been surrounded by the lighted Christmas characters and the reindeer are already up on the hillside in the background:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas

The Flags store has also been trimmed with some holiday cheer:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas

The gazebo, which has sat empty, lonely, and sad all year, has finally got some color:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Christmas

The Sling Shot installation is continuing to make progress:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Sling Shot

Looks like they are ready for a concrete pour, making a path up to the loading area:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Sling Shot

A close-up of the seat, most likely temporarily placed for measurements to be taken:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Sling Shot

I’m guessing this pad is where that giant, spring-filled tension box will be mounted:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Sling Shot

I’m still not sure what’s going on in this corner. I thought it was going to be a retaining wall protecting one of the concrete footers, but I don’t see one there:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Sling Shot

I ran into Neal Thurman, Magic Mountain’s Director of Operations. He confirmed that this ride will be open by the end of the year. I’m not usually into upcharge attractions, however I’m sure I’ll ride this at least once to evaluate it.

1. Casey

11/19/2012 at 9:17 am

I Went To Six Flags On Saturday,and They Had Been Doing Some Construction On The Fountain.

2. Andrew

11/19/2012 at 5:42 pm

I’ll be at the park tomorrow (11/20). Maybe well run into each other! I wonder if heading to the Golia side first will be dead in e ,romping with people not k owing of the detour!

11/19/2012 at 8:04 pm

Just looking at the Slingshot area, it seems like a lot of room is being used for what will be an upcharge ride. It would be nice if they were planning to add something else there as well. Now I’m wondering what’s planned for Déjà Vu’s old spot. Whatever is put there can’t be too big. I was hoping that they’d combine the two areas into one big one for a good sized attraction—even a small coaster.

A bit off-topic, but be sure to take a ride on the Grand Carousel to celebrate its 100th birthday if you haven’t already.

• Casey

11/19/2012 at 9:32 pm

Eric,I Think I Could Probably See Some Form of a Wild Mouse Going There.Maybe They Might Even Bring Back The Idea of Putting In Mr. Six’s Dance Coaster?

• English teacher

11/20/2012 at 4:19 am

Casey,
        Stop Leaving Comments If You Don’t Know How To LET GO Of The Shift Key. Not Every First Letter Of. Word Needs To Start With Capital Letters! Also, in America we uses 2 spaces after a period. Thanks. Rant over.

11/22/2012 at 9:44 pm

^ LOL!

One thing I will disagree with, though, English teacher. Nowadays with computers, they no longer teach the “two space rule” after a period. It’s now one space. I grew up in the two-space era, so I still prefer it, but many Internet forum programs eliminate the second space by default.

4. Byron Lopez

11/19/2012 at 10:10 pm

Maybe a boomerang coaster or a sky screamer. Or maybe the up charge attraction will be at the park temporary.

• James

11/22/2012 at 10:48 pm

They have just made space in the Deja Vu spot by getting rid of???… Wait for it…
      Deja Vu, a Boomerang!
      Why would they remove a Boomerang, to put a new Boomerang there??

That doesn’t make sense does it?
      Tut, tut. Give your head a shake!

5. J.D. Walters

12/08/2012 at 12:11 pm

Dear Casey,
    I am not sure how old you are or at what grammar level you are, but your first sentence above should read: “I Went To Six Flags On Saturday and They were (not “had been”) Doing Some Construction On The Fountain.”