Don't Miss

Time Running Out For Free Upgrade To 2013 Gold Pass

By on January 2, 2013

2013 Six Flags Gold Pass

If you haven’t bought your 2013 Six Flags Magic Mountain season pass yet, you’re in luck, but you need to hurry. If you buy four or more 2013 Thrill Passes between now and January 6th, each pass qualifies for a free upgrade to the brand new Gold Pass. In addition to all the benefits of a Thrill Pass, a Gold Pass also provides unlimited entry into the Los Angeles Hurricane Harbor and all of the other Six Flags theme parks. It also includes a season parking pass for every Six Flags park and many other benefits.

In order to receive the free upgrade, you must buy at least four passes and, here’s the important part – you must have them processed no later than January 6th. To read about all the benefits of a Gold Pass, as well as to purchase them, visit the Six Flags Magic Mountain Season Pass page. As an extra bonus, pay with your Discover card and you will save an additional 5% off your entire purchase. If you don’t have a Discover card, use the link to the right and fill out a very quick application. Once you get one, you can also take advantage of the special Discover card holder entrance and get into the park early.

01/02/2013 at 4:41 pm

My sister and I got ours upgraded last Sunday (December 30). We got one each for my niece and her boyfriend. Because they weren’t able to join us, I wasn’t sure how they would handle it, but once we paid at Will Call, they gave us a separate receipt for each pass. Then we waited almost an hour to get into the Season Pass Processing Center. Had we purchased online, they’d have sent us into the park to process our passes at the one inside the park.

And, since we were there, we went in and took a couple of rides just to break ‘em in. Lex Luthor and Viper were waiting for us.

This is a great deal. With the possibility of many more guests (because of this deal), Magic Mountain’s numbers may look even better next time. Now I wonder if Six Flags will offer the $69.99 food deal at this park at some point.

01/02/2013 at 5:09 pm

Where are they processing passes inside the park?

01/02/2013 at 5:56 pm

In a building right next to the Palace arcade, next to where Flashback used to be. That building was the only season pass processing center at the park, then they built the one out in front. At one time, it was the Texas Instruments Computer Center. For awhile, they seemed to be switching from one to the other. Now it seems they’re using both.

• Andrew

01/02/2013 at 6:05 pm

I don’t believe that building is being used this year as a processing center, as when I went online people were getting their passes in the regular processing center.

01/02/2013 at 6:40 pm

I didn’t think it was being used for that this year either. I haven’t seen anyone go in or out. As far as I know, isn’t it just a secondary ESO primarily used by the HH employees? When I processed my pass on 12/31, they had everyone in the same massive line out front, whether you already entered your data online or not.

• JJJJ

01/05/2013 at 12:16 am

When I did my pass after doing the work online, I was advised to enter the hut via the exit.

2. mike

01/02/2013 at 5:09 pm

Now that you have a Combo Gold Pass can we expect Hurricane Harbor reviews over the summer?

01/02/2013 at 8:32 pm

I’m really on the fence about this. I’ve wanted to profile HH for awhile now, but I’m not sure how well it will go over. I’m worried what people will think if they keep seeing a grown man roaming the park taking lots of pictures, especially the parents with little kids. I don’t want to make guests uncomfortable or nervous that there is a predator stalking the park. You know what I mean? I’ll make a couple of early passes through and get a vibe for the place. If it seems cool, I’ll continue. Fortunately, it’s not that big and doesn’t change much, so it should be easy to profile.

• mike

01/02/2013 at 9:35 pm

Your right I never thought of the taking picture side of it . Hurricane Harbor is leaned more towards the young side. Looking forward to articles regardless of topic. Be it no sidewalks walking from Wendy’s or torn flags on top of Sky Tower. When I want flags news I first look to your site and at times I click on it for no reason a couple times a day. I don’t have much time to go into the park even though I’m in the area many times. Keep up the great work and please don’t burn out…. Peace Out …

3. Andrew

01/02/2013 at 6:02 pm

Just called Guest Relations and they said that the offer had been extended til January 27th.

01/02/2013 at 6:36 pm

That figures. I checked their web site and called Guest Relations before posting the article. However, I didn’t actually speak to anyone. Their phone recording had the deal listed as good until the 6th, which matched their web site. They really need to be more proactive in updating all their systems when they make changes. It’s just like their online description for Gold Rusher still says it goes under the Log Jammer flume.

• Andrew

01/02/2013 at 6:56 pm

I spoke to a representative and I mentioned that the website said the 6th and they said that they knew that and that the offer had been extended to the 27th. I actually called before I even saw your post! This was because when I bought my pass on December 16th, they ticket sales person said it had to be processed by January 27th.

And wow, they are really behind with their website.

01/02/2013 at 7:22 pm

I would double check that before taking one person’s word on it. The vouchers I got all said they needed to be processed by 1/6 to get the free Gold upgrade. However, they also said towards the bottom that they needed to be processed by 1/27 to avoid becoming void. I can’t help but wonder if some people are confusing the two, thinking you have until 1/27 to get the free upgrade.

01/02/2013 at 7:18 pm

You mean it doesn’t go under Log Jammer anymore? Why is that? ;)

4. Evan

01/02/2013 at 7:07 pm

I’ve been trying to do this but the 3 other people always bail on me.

• Evan

01/02/2013 at 8:00 pm

And when they say they can’t, they do it without me.

5. Pingback: Early Park Access Begins For 2013 Gold Pass Holders |

6. Kim

01/21/2013 at 8:30 am

I bought the 2013 combo season pass, during fright fest(10/16/12) but when I was given my card I wasn’t given a coupon booklet(no one was given one). So now I’m worried that they won’t give me it when I go today. What should I do?

01/21/2013 at 8:33 am

The coupon books just came in this last weekend. Go to the registration office and ask for one. They’ll scan your card to verify you haven’t already gotten one and then just hand one to you.

7. Kim