UA-20143982-1 Six Flags Season Pass: Is It Worth It? - The Coaster Guy

Six Flags Season Pass: Is It Worth It?

By on 01/17/2013

2013 Six Flags Season PassPeople often ask me if it’s worth getting a Six Flags season pass, and my standard response is a resounding yes, as long as you plan on visiting the park at least twice by the end of the year.

Six Flags typically advertises that you can get a season pass for the same price as a one-day admission ticket, which is true if you were to buy your one-day ticket at the gate. However, some parks offer up to a $25 discount if you buy your one-day ticket in advance on the park’s web site, reducing the admission price significantly. So if you are only planning on visiting a Six Flags park for one day, and you’re able to purchase online, then no, a season pass wouldn’t make financial sense for you. However, if you’re planning  at least two visits to any Six Flags parks during the year, then yes, you will actually save money by purchasing a Six Flags season pass, even after factoring in the additional savings for purchasing online.

If you plan to visit a Six Flags park three or more times during the year, spend the extra money to buy a Gold Season Pass. Any Six Flags season pass is valid for admission to any Six Flags theme park, but the Gold Pass adds free parking for the entire year, for all Six Flags theme parks, saving you up to $22 per visit depending on the park.

There are a myriad of benefits that come with every Six Flags season pass. To see a complete list of benefits, broken down by pass type, visit the Six Flags web site and click on the Season Pass link in the top-right corner.

Once you buy a Six Flags season pass, you must complete a registration process. See how that process works here: Six Flags Season Pass Registration Process At Magic Mountain

1. Nicholas L.

01/17/2013 at 12:43 pm

I live in NorCal and, combined, probably visit both SFMM and SF Discovery Kingdom 10 times. The Season Pass is a great deal, and now that me and my family and some relatives have the Gold Pass, we can make even more trips to SFMM! Often, my parents would drop me and my sister off since parking was so expensive at SFMM – now, we don’t have to do that!

2. Casey

01/17/2013 at 4:32 pm

I just found out on the Premier Rides facebook page that the new columns for Full Throttle are in!!!!

3. JJJJ

01/17/2013 at 9:17 pm

Always buy your season pass in Mexico City for maximum savings.

01/17/2013 at 10:59 pm

With the number of times I visit Magic Mountain, a season pass—with parking—has saved me tons of money over the years. Even though lately I’ve been cutting down on number of visits, even if I go a couple of times I’m ahead financially. I’ve had a season pass since 1994 when Batman went in, and I’ve been getting the Xtreme (now Gold) pass since about 2005.

5. Bob winek

01/18/2013 at 8:25 pm

When do u think tose collums will go up

01/18/2013 at 10:23 pm

I’m sorry, Bob, but as I’ve mentioned before I do not work at the park. I have no idea what their construction schedule is or when certain pieces will be added. I suspect we’ll see all of the track/column pieces arrive first and be stored for some time before the first one is ever installed. They’re not going to start bolting pieces together when there are only about 10 of them onsite so far.

6. Bob winek

01/19/2013 at 9:12 am

Ok thanks

7. Emilie c

06/01/2013 at 8:07 pm

Do u know how much season pass prices will be after June 9th?

8. Pingback: Free Friend Admission At Six Flags Magic Mountain - The Coaster Guy

9. Alanna

05/18/2016 at 5:00 pm

Do you know when you are able to buy passes for next year?

05/18/2016 at 5:16 pm

If you want to buy a 2017 pass, they should be out around Sep/Oct. However, you can get a membership today that is perpetual. It doesn’t expire until you cancel it.

• Nidia

08/02/2016 at 2:26 pm

Hi, I’m looking at the gold pass right now and it says $83 +4 ppl.. Dose that mean it’s for 4 people? Is there any hidden charges other than the $83? And if I buy it for 2017 will it be more expensive? (Thank you in advance)

08/05/2016 at 10:11 pm

No, that means they’re $83 each if you buy four (4) or more. No hidden charges. If you buy it now, they’ll only be good through the end of the 2016 calendar year. The 2017 passes should be available soon, and that’s a much better deal. They’re usually less expensive if you buy them as soon as they go on sale, because they want to sell as many as possible. You’ll also get more bang for your buck because they’ll be good for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017. The only downside is, you have to wait until they’re available. Another option is to subscribe to the monthly membership. Rather than pay for the entire year at once, you just keep making small monthly payments. As long as you keep paying each month, they never expire, so you don’t even have to worry about years. The downside is it’s a bit more expensive over the course of a year, and they add on some extra charges to subscribe.

• Chris

08/10/2016 at 2:06 pm

Do you have a honest guess when they may go on sale for 2017? Maybe mid September?

08/11/2016 at 9:08 pm

Their annual ride announcement is scheduled for September 1st, so if they don’t go on sale then, it shouldn’t be too long after.

10. Nidia

08/02/2016 at 2:28 pm

Or is it 83 for each person?