Don't Miss

Six Flags Season Pass: Is It Worth It?

By on January 17, 2013

2013 Six Flags Season PassPeople often ask me if it’s worth getting a Six Flags season pass, and my standard response is a resounding yes, as long as you plan on visiting the park at least twice by the end of the year.

Six Flags typically advertises that you can get a season pass for the same price as a one-day admission ticket, which is true if you were to buy your one-day ticket at the gate. However, some parks offer up to a $25 discount if you buy your one-day ticket in advance on the park’s web site, reducing the admission price significantly. So if you are only planning on visiting a Six Flags park for one day, and you’re able to purchase online, then no, a season pass wouldn’t make financial sense for you. However, if you’re planning  at least two visits to any Six Flags parks during the year, then yes, you will actually save money by purchasing a Six Flags season pass, even after factoring in the additional savings for purchasing online.

If you plan to visit a Six Flags park three or more times during the year, spend the extra money to buy a Gold Season Pass. Any Six Flags season pass is valid for admission to any Six Flags theme park, but the Gold Pass adds free parking for the entire year, for all Six Flags theme parks, saving you up to $22 per visit depending on the park.

There are a myriad of benefits that come with every Six Flags season pass. To see a complete list of benefits, broken down by pass type, visit the Six Flags web site and click on the Season Pass link in the top-right corner.

Once you buy a Six Flags season pass, you must complete a registration process. See how that process works here: Six Flags Season Pass Registration Process At Magic Mountain

1. Nicholas L.

01/17/2013 at 12:43 pm

I live in NorCal and, combined, probably visit both SFMM and SF Discovery Kingdom 10 times. The Season Pass is a great deal, and now that me and my family and some relatives have the Gold Pass, we can make even more trips to SFMM! Often, my parents would drop me and my sister off since parking was so expensive at SFMM – now, we don’t have to do that!

2. Casey

01/17/2013 at 4:32 pm

I just found out on the Premier Rides facebook page that the new columns for Full Throttle are in!!!!

3. JJJJ

01/17/2013 at 9:17 pm

Always buy your season pass in Mexico City for maximum savings.

01/17/2013 at 10:59 pm

With the number of times I visit Magic Mountain, a season pass—with parking—has saved me tons of money over the years. Even though lately I’ve been cutting down on number of visits, even if I go a couple of times I’m ahead financially. I’ve had a season pass since 1994 when Batman went in, and I’ve been getting the Xtreme (now Gold) pass since about 2005.

5. Bob winek

01/18/2013 at 8:25 pm

When do u think tose collums will go up

01/18/2013 at 10:23 pm

I’m sorry, Bob, but as I’ve mentioned before I do not work at the park. I have no idea what their construction schedule is or when certain pieces will be added. I suspect we’ll see all of the track/column pieces arrive first and be stored for some time before the first one is ever installed. They’re not going to start bolting pieces together when there are only about 10 of them onsite so far.

6. Bob winek

01/19/2013 at 9:12 am

Ok thanks

7. Emilie c

06/01/2013 at 8:07 pm

Do u know how much season pass prices will be after June 9th?

8. Pingback: Free Friend Admission At Six Flags Magic Mountain - The Coaster Guy