Full Throttle Nights Concept Art Released

By on 04/14/2013

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Nights

The above image started making its way around the internet a couple of days ago. It is the concept art for the new Full Throttle Nights entertainment area that will accompany the opening of the brand new Full Throttle roller coaster this summer at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The 2013 park map describes it as follows: “Music, videos, lasers, and special effects lighting will immerse you in a sensory overload in this brand new area.”

Having not noticed that the image accompanied the press release that was put out about the topping off of Full Throttle’s vertical loop, I wasn’t quite sure about the authenticity of the image. However, after having received a hardcopy of the image from the park in the mail this weekend, I realize that it is quite legitimate. Both Full Throttle and Full Throttle Nights look very exciting and I’m very much looking forward to riding them this summer.

1. Ezra

04/14/2013 at 10:44 pm

Can’t wait! I’m going in the 26th so I’ll be seeing the ride in person. I have one question. What kind of music do to you think they will play?

04/14/2013 at 10:53 pm

I’m guessing it will be music from the various artists signed with Road Runner Records, like Airbourne and Nickelback.

• Robert

04/15/2013 at 10:43 am

No, not Nickleback!

• Ezra

04/15/2013 at 10:47 am

What’s wrong with Nickelback? And i think that airbourne is an excellent choice because of the fast paced music. Can’t wait to see how the new area turns out!

2. Ryan O

04/15/2013 at 1:36 am

If they do this right, it will be a great addition to the atmosphere of the park – one that people can enjoy no matter their age.

3. blake

04/15/2013 at 10:33 am

i like this art

4. Arkhamar

04/15/2013 at 12:05 pm

Cool! We still have to wait to see what the station will look like. As long as there’s a lot of shade (canopies?) to keep under the boiling summers. Looks like there’s a lot of space in the plaza. Aside from the stores, they could possible fit in a flat ride or two like the set up in DC Universe….

5. James

04/15/2013 at 3:11 pm

Why do things in this park have to be “SENSORY OVERLOAD!!!”

Can’t they just spend some decent money making a nice area at the front of the park? What about some well thought-out improvements, while avoiding cheap and plastic looking stuff that will look like garbage after being in the sun for a year?

Nothing in that concept art looks appealing to me. Just more TV’s.

I’m not at a theme park to watch TV.

• Casey

04/15/2013 at 3:41 pm

They do this so people will have something newer and nicer to come back to every year!!!I would be surprised if there wasn’t a new ride every year.What i’m trying to say is,they’re trying to keep the park up to date so that people will come back to their park and ask “What new attraction do they have this year?” I guess,in other words,they’re trying to improve their wow factor.I do think the concept art is great,though.Six Flags never disappoints when it comes to new attractions.

• Nathan

04/15/2013 at 7:17 pm

That’s why Six Flags Magic Mountain has 18 roller coasters.

• James K.

04/15/2013 at 7:37 pm

Re: James

Where to start?
      Ok, first, Dude, the theme is Full Throttle, which is supposed to be about sensory overload.
      Well thought out improvements?
      How about the upgrade of the entire DC area? The improvement of S:EFK? The addition of Lex and the increased theming budget?
      This park is actively trying to improve piece by piece by slowly replacing/upgrading poor areas. This takes time… There is not an unlimited budget or magic wand….
      Try thinking of the park operating as a business, you need money to fix problems… You get money by bringing people into the park and slowly increasing profits so improvements can be made.
      If you prefer something that looks pretty but lacks thrills try Disney or Knotts…. Or go back to bitching on TPR

04/16/2013 at 1:14 pm

I feel the same way about restaurants these days. All I want to do is eat and be able to talk with any friends or family who are there with me, not watch music videos and be bombarded with ads. However, Magic Mountain is a theme park whose customers fall into the age range that they’re trying to target with the entertainment they’re going to offer. As for the ride, Full Throttle is looking like it will be quite a forceful ride. Though unlikely, I’m still hoping that there will be other rides in the area as the years go by.

The thing is, SFMM has tried going back to its roots as a family park, and nothing they’ve tried has worked out very well. Good example: Thomas Town. They’ve found their niche, and it’s what we’ll be seeing there for a long time to come.

6. Nathan

04/15/2013 at 7:19 pm

P.S.: Name one ride other than X2 (and maybe Apocylapse) that is “SENSORY OVERLOAD”

• Rusty

04/15/2013 at 8:49 pm

Full Throttle? haha.

• JJJ

04/16/2013 at 12:04 am

Many of the six flags roller coasters overload your senses with pain due to the rocky tracks causing your head to slam into hard restraints.

• Andrew T.

04/16/2013 at 8:12 am

All the rides seemed smooth to me except the ones that shouldn’t

• Nathan

04/16/2013 at 2:01 pm

I mean like extra effects like fog or music.

• Andrew T.

04/16/2013 at 10:05 pm

that’s what makes ride thrilling

• Nathan

04/18/2013 at 2:05 pm

Like what? Viper and Gold Rusher, that’s it.

• Andrew T.

04/18/2013 at 3:52 pm

what are we talking about again because i find those rides really fun and on the plus side i can get a look at Full Throttle on Gold Rusher and Viper is not that bad compared to other corkscrew roller coasters Viper is not that shaky and head banging

• Nathan

04/18/2013 at 5:22 pm

I was referring to JJJ’s earlier comment where he said “Many… Six Flags roller coasters overload your senses with pain…” Viper and Gold Rusher are about the main head banging steel roller coasters in the park.

• Andrew T.

04/19/2013 at 9:17 am

Oh, but compared to other ones I ridden at other parks it’s not that bad, but I’ve learned that if you turn your head in the direction of the turn or inversion u won’t get your head banged around.

7. Dylan

04/16/2013 at 11:27 am

When will the next update be?

• Casey

04/16/2013 at 3:46 pm

Same thing I was wondering.My guess is that there won’t be another Full Throttle construction update since they’re done constructing it already.Probably just the weekly park updates.

• Andrew T.

04/17/2013 at 12:17 am

There is still the tunnel and station

04/16/2013 at 9:12 pm

Now that the track is complete, I don’t feel the need to visit the park as often as I was. The work they’re doing now isn’t going to be as noticeable from day to day, so I’m probably going to go back to a weekly visit. Look for another update later this week.

8. Andrew T.

04/17/2013 at 6:59 pm

Not trying to pressure anything, but I think there is still room for updates. They still have to build the station, reveal the coaster cars, and build the area for theming.

04/20/2013 at 8:49 pm

I didn’t say I wasn’t going to do more updates. I’m just not going to head over to the park every other day. It was a full week between my last two FT updates and although there was a lot of FT work done in that time, very little of it was actually visible to us from outside the construction wall.

• Andrew T.