Don't Miss

Six Flags Magic Mountain Employees On Roller Skates?

By on April 16, 2013

I’m used to seeing roller coasters at theme parks, but roller skates? Did you know that some employees of Six Flags Magic Mountain used to wear roller skates while on the job? I didn’t either until the following video was shared with me. The video is a collection of photographs from 1984 and the Park Services employees, those who keep the park clean, wore roller skates to get around the park. You’ll start seeing them right around 3:00 minutes into the video, including an employee checking a pair out for the day:

Do any of you remember this? Were any of you one of the employees that had to wear them? Please let me know if you were. I’d love to hear about your experience with them.

04/17/2013 at 12:40 am

Cool video. Personally, I don’t remember seeing any employees on skates, but at that time I didn’t notice those kinds of things. Great way to get around, and with the hills in the park, it would even be fun.

2. Ezra

04/17/2013 at 10:16 am

It’s a great way to get around the park. Of course I’m too young to have been there in the 80′s, but it looks like a lot of employees used them around that time. Those employees must have stuck out a little bit. Great update Kurt! Can’t wait for the next F.T. one!

3. Jorgee

04/17/2013 at 4:10 pm

When is your next Full Throtle update.
    Btw I love your updates and posts.

4. Kevin

04/17/2013 at 9:04 pm

We could still wear them for the first 12-18 months I was in PSA (1988-89). Not a lot of people wore them by then, but it was a pretty cool perk. I only wore skates a few times. You weren’t allowed to use them on Ninja hill and on days where a certain attendance threshold was reached. Thanks for the video.

Kevin

5. Josh godoy

04/17/2013 at 10:02 pm

Kurt i really enjoy this site. I went to agmawa massachusetts to visit my sisiter for spring break. Sadly goliath was closed since they are adding a new trains, they look really good by the way.Anyway i did spot one of the old trains do you know what they are going to do with them i heard they might put them one display

04/17/2013 at 10:10 pm

I do not know what they’re going to do with them, but ask my friends over at SFNEONLINE.org. I bet they might know.

6. Likegreenlantern

04/18/2013 at 7:28 pm

Great update! speaking of trains did anyone here anything about the old viper train sitting out back other than it’s gone?

04/18/2013 at 7:46 pm

It’s not gone. I was just at the park today and it’s still sitting in the exact same spot out back.