By on 04/30/2013

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

If you’re a regular reader of this site, then you are used to seeing Six Flags Magic Mountain photos. Lots and lots of photos! Most of them tell a story or document changes. However, I thought I’d have a little fun and mix it up a bit. The following photos of the park are all black and white with a filter applied to allow one primary color to still show through.

The first photo above was obviously the directional sign for X2. This next photo shows a big difference in color between X2 and the Sky Tower. Both are red, but the Sky Tower is so faded that it almost doesn’t even get picked up by the filter:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

The Waterfront Commissary is a relaxing place to eat some food:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

The clear blue sky adds a nice touch:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

In addition to the Sky Tower, just a few specs of red scattered around the park:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

Lots of yellow flowers and yellow steel roller coaster track:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

The black and white Batman train almost looks fake as it rounds the colorful loop:

There’s lots of red on the entrance to The Flash:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

The best roller coaster to highlight green is Green Lantern, of course:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

Even from inside the Goliath station, I could still see Batman poking through the trees:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

One thing I took away from this experiment is how much red there is all over the park:

Artistic Six Flags Magic Mountain Photos

I’ll keep my eye out for similar photo opportunities as I stroll through the park.

1. Sean

04/30/2013 at 3:49 pm

Wow! Looks so awesome, I still have a few colorsplashed pictures that I made my self from MM, really gives an awesome look to the pics. Yours are way better though!! Thanks for sharing!

2. Logan Shalit

04/30/2013 at 5:00 pm

Try doing a red with Tatsu making only some of the track show up

04/30/2013 at 7:58 pm

I think there’s so much red at Magic Mountain because red makes you thirsty and you spend more money on drinks. Just a thought.

Superman could be known as YELOcoaster.

And last but not least, I got the THIRD answer! 😉

• Andrew T.

04/30/2013 at 11:52 pm

I’m pretty sure if you would take a picture of a snack compartment and filter it, ther will be so much red. I think taking a picture of Riddler’s Revenge and filter it so it shows green would be awesome. These ar great pics, thanks.

On another note:
      1. When I followed the sign for X2 my friend and I got lost and rode Viper and came to it later.
      2. FIrst reply to a comment

• Dane. P

04/30/2013 at 11:59 pm

is that really a thing?

• Andrew T.

05/01/2013 at 9:41 am

It is now

• Casey

05/01/2013 at 3:33 pm

Well,in that case,SECOND reply to a comment! haha…

• James Z (not the other James)

05/03/2013 at 2:03 pm

You are mostly correct Eric. Notice most, if not all fast food restaurants use the main colors red and yellow in their logo and on their signs.

Studies have shown red and yellow are the best colors to attract customers and make people hungry and thirsty.

Think about McDonalds, Carls, Burger King, In N Out, KFC, Pizza Hut, Panda Express, the list goes on and on, they’re all red and yellow!

4. Roger Yoshida

05/04/2013 at 5:57 pm

Like the pic with BM peeking out from the trees!