Don't Miss

2013 Grad Nite At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on May 10, 2013

2013 Grad Nite

The 2013 Grad Nite season has arrived at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Here is how the park describes the annual event on their web site:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Grad Nite is the “Most Extreme Grad Nite Party on the Planet!” Highlighted by exclusive park access for Senior High graduates to experience our world class coasters, multiple high energy dance areas, DJ’s, and interactive entertainment. Play and party all night long in a safe and controlled environment.

Each party goes from 11:00 PM – 5:00 AM. There are nine separate 2013 Grad Nite parties planned; May 16, 21, 23, 28, 30 and June 4, 6, 13, and 20. In addition to the above parties, the park is also hosting a series of similar, yet earlier, parties for middle school graduates. I believe those events only go until midnight.

The excitement begins as soon as you walk through the main gate. Special towers are erected for lights, speakers, signs, and decorations in the dance areas:

2013 Grad Nite

One of the biggest dance areas is right in front of the DC Universe entrance. An elevated dance floor will lay right over the top of the planter box, filling this entire area:

2013 Grad Nite

Another very popular dance area is right in front of the Golden Bear Theatre:

2013 Grad Nite

Last but not least, another large dance area is located in the Movie District’s plaza, right in front of the entrance to The Riddler’s Revenge and the Action Theater:

2013 Grad Nite

As a private event, I am unable to attend this myself. However, if you attended one of these events and have some pictures that you would like to share, I’d be more than happy to post them here. It would be nice to see some of the unique activities from the live event. Just send them to me at Kurt@TheCoasterGuy.com. Please be sure to include your name so I can give you proper credit for the photo.

1. daniel s

05/11/2013 at 10:23 am

First comment wooo hooooo

2. dylan

05/11/2013 at 11:14 am

the trains are officially there, they are in the back in blue plastic

3. Looper

05/11/2013 at 3:05 pm

I just got home from the park and its hotter then a witches broom out there. Took a ride on Scream and at top of first lift a quick look back and to the rt I got a glimpse of the train/seats for FT. Plastic is no longer on them and had good view but it was really quick, sort of like a 2 second view like using Snapchat. I think its heading for end of summer opening perhaps middle of Sept.

• Justin

05/11/2013 at 3:32 pm

I’m predicting that Full Throttle will open around summer solstice (June 21). Maybe a little earlier.

4. Robert Rudolph

05/11/2013 at 9:43 pm

I was there last night for Sierra Vista and they didn’t use the dancing areas for us. They turned on the lights to test them and then turned them off. It wasn’t that much of a great event but it was fun to have it closed to the public at night. Sorry I didn’t have pictures but I was going to take some. Thanks for the update.

BTW I was wondering if there was a possible way for you to make an app for this website because its hard for me to go in safari and type it in and it takes awhile to load.

05/12/2013 at 11:15 am

Sorry Robert, but I’m not a programmer. I have the site bookmarked in my Safari and the mobile version actually loads quite fast for me.

• Sean

06/05/2013 at 2:44 pm

Im going for grad night tomorrow, were the lines for the rides long?

5. Casey

05/12/2013 at 8:27 pm

No offense,but SFMM has horrible grad nites. Our grad nite didn’t even have a d.j. or a dance area. The one upside is,most rides are walk-on,even X2. Goliath,though had a 3-hour wait.Tatsu was down for about the last 20 minutes.I was at the front of the line,so,excuse my language,it was a real piss off.

6. Jack Curulicio

05/12/2013 at 8:31 pm

I wish I could go but I live in Reno nevada

7. Jack Curulicio

05/12/2013 at 8:46 pm

Actually, I might be able to attend one of the middle school graduate parties. It looks as though it is within the time I am in southern cal and iam about to go into 9th grade next year!

• Casey

05/13/2013 at 3:50 pm

Trust Me,Don’t Go. It’s overpriced and a waste of your money.Something around $120.

• Looper

05/13/2013 at 5:05 pm

I missed the part where its $120.00 can you point it out to me Casey? https://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/assets/pdf/SFMM%20Junior%20Nites%20Order%20Form_13.pdf Looks like its around $39 and includes dinner and a pic.

• Justin

05/13/2013 at 7:20 pm

Your school charged you $120 to go. That probably included other graduation stuff. My school charged me $80.

• Rusty

05/13/2013 at 8:50 pm

That school’s probably doing the same thing my school’s doing, It includes a photo you can keep from one of the on-ride photography and also a ticket to Hurricane Harbor for another day. That’s why our tickets were raised $40 I’m assuming.

• Casey

05/15/2013 at 5:08 pm

Ya,exactly!What school do you go to?And,can you go if you aren’t with a school?

8. ctren

05/12/2013 at 9:55 pm

Any idea what the day time crowd will be on this day? Anyone go last year. I want to bring family, but don’t really want to deal with a park that’s too crowded.

9. ctren

05/12/2013 at 10:13 pm

Sorry, I am wondering about Friday May 27th, which is a junior grad night. Looks like their passes get them in all day as well….

10. ctren

05/12/2013 at 10:14 pm

May 17th not 27th. Shouldn’t have tried typing this on a phone!

05/13/2013 at 9:50 pm

Sorry, I have no idea what the crowds will be like that day. My son’s local middle school is still in session at that time, so I wouldn’t think it would be very crowded during the day, but you can never tell this time of year.

• ctren

05/17/2013 at 11:13 pm

Ok, Just got home from the park today, and it wasn’t too bad as far as crowded goes. got on everything at least once, rode x2 twice, and superman 3 times. Right at the end, the kiddies with the wrist bands started showing up, but all morning was nice and calm.

I would still recommend going on a non grad night day if you have a choice though. We made it a day trip from Las Vegas. Well worth the drive both ways.

• ctren

05/17/2013 at 11:18 pm

Oh, and lex luthor was having some issues and was shut down multiple times all day. Unfortunately, when lex luthor was having problems, they shut down superman at the same time. We got stranded at the top on luthor for about 5 – 8 minutes as our last ride right at regular admission closing. It was actually quite enjoyable being stuck up there. Great view with a nice cool breeze and the tower gently rocking us back and forth!

11. Dylan

05/13/2013 at 12:28 pm

Are you going to do a update because the trains are there, there’s a photo of them on the magic mountain Facebook and thrill capital insiders Facebook

05/13/2013 at 9:52 pm

There’s nothing to do an update on. I shared the official SFMM photo of the trains on my FB page and I don’t have any other pics of the trains that I’m allowed to share at this time. I might try doing an update later in the week if there’s anything new to report on.

12. JJJ

05/13/2013 at 7:12 pm

I go to these all the time, its where I pick up girls.

05/13/2013 at 9:52 pm

Funny! ;-)

13. Jack Curulicio

05/13/2013 at 8:56 pm

Can u even go if your school isn’t in southern cal?

• ctren

05/17/2013 at 11:15 pm

Yes, we know of at least 2 schools here in Vegas that were at the park today for the middle school grad night.