UA-20143982-1 Old Magic Mountain Photos Wanted - The Coaster Guy

Old Magic Mountain Photos Wanted

By on 05/13/2013

Magic Mountain Photos - Little Sailor RideDo you have old Six Flags Magic Mountain photos that you’d like to share with the world but don’t know how? One of my missions with this site is to share as much history of Six Flags Magic Mountain as possible, even going back to the beginning in 1971 when it was known as just Magic Mountain. Let’s partner up and help each other!

The park has changed a lot in the last 40+ years, yet not very much of it has been documented anywhere. I’m looking for old Magic Mountain photos of just about everything, from the buildings, to the rides, to the uniforms, and even the trolls. If you have old photos that you’re willing to share, I’d love to publish them on this site, with full credit to you of course. You will retain full copyright on any photos that you took and were willing to share.

If you have old photos that are hardcopy only, I can help with that as well. If you mail them to me, regardless of the format (photos, slides, negatives, etc), I will convert them into high-resolution, full-color digital images and mail both the originals and digital copies back to you.

I’m also interested in old memorabilia besides just photos. If you have old ticket stubs, park maps, promotional flyers, etc., that’s all great stuff as well. Six Flags Magic Mountain has a very rich and diverse history, and anything that helps tell their story would be appreciated. Please help me tell their story. If you have some Magic Mountain photos that you would like to share, or just have questions, please contact me directly at Kurt@TheCoasterGuy.com.

1. JIMMY TOVAR

05/14/2013 at 5:03 am

I have a box in my basement somewhere with old park maps, souvenier year books and other stuff. Whats the deadline Kurt?

05/14/2013 at 5:58 am

There is no deadline.

• JIMMY TOVAR

05/14/2013 at 8:04 am

Awesome, I’ll get right to work!

• Alex

05/14/2013 at 1:52 pm

I think I have a 1992 or 1993 wall size souvenir park map somewhere in the attack at my parents place. I’ll take a look next time I’m there.

• Alex

05/14/2013 at 1:53 pm

Attic* …stupid auto-correct

05/15/2013 at 7:28 am

I haven’t found a good way to post images of the wall maps due to their enormous size. However, I’d love to get some detailed photos of it for my research on the park’s history. I have a huge void in my map collection from 91-97. Better yet, would you want to sell it?

2. Tim

05/14/2013 at 4:59 pm

You still have the photos I sent you? I hope you stored them in a good place. You should create a classic SFMM photo page.
    I am enjoying your updates on Full Throttle. I may be going to the park next month, hopefully the trains will be testing by then.

05/15/2013 at 7:25 am

Without knowing your last name, which photos are you referring to, Tim?

3. Casey

05/14/2013 at 7:54 pm

What a great idea! Will you be making a new page for all of it or will you only keep it on your facebook?

05/15/2013 at 7:19 am

They won’t be going on Facebook. What I’d like to do is finish out my Ride Profile series for all of the rides that are no longer there, like Mountain Express, Psyclone, Freefall, Galaxy, etc.

• Casey

05/15/2013 at 5:02 pm

That’s cool! I wasn’t born yet when those rides were at the mountain, so those ride profiles would be a great read!

4. enoc

05/15/2013 at 9:56 am

if i have pictures i send them to u kurt

5. Alex

05/15/2013 at 3:56 pm

Tell you what Kurt, if I DO find it back at my folks place when I go looking for it next time I’m over there ill give it to you gratis! My worry is that I hope it’s still there! I stashed it there over a dozen years ago when I originally left the nest for college. My mother is clueless about it when I called her the other day! Fingers crossed. But yea if I find it, it’s yours no prob.

05/15/2013 at 4:09 pm

Sweet!

6. Thomas

05/17/2013 at 2:40 pm

Kurt, I posted in your 1973 map thread. Go to my friend’s website http://www.themeparkmemories.com for some old pics. Permission will need to be granted to use however.

7. Evan

05/31/2013 at 7:22 am

When I was a kid I had a kidsongs vhs (kidsongs.com, can’t believe they still exist), that was filmed at Magic Mountain. Possibly there’s something of value in there, if you can bear the cheesy songs. Of course you’ll have to get permission if there is.

09/16/2013 at 8:21 pm

I just sent four photos from the early ’70s. Please let me know what you think.

09/16/2013 at 8:34 pm

Very cool…thank you, Eric! I think I can clean those up a bit. I’ll definitely use the Mountain Express photo when I write that profile.

9. jeremy

02/23/2015 at 12:03 am

I’m really interested of knowing the past attractions.

10. jeremy

02/23/2015 at 12:06 am

It would be a pleasure of looking into the pics from magic mountain. I grew up visit magic mountain. I would like to see the past years of magic mountain.. ps I’m a big fan of these stuff