UA-20143982-1 First Full Throttle Car Is On The Track - The Coaster Guy

First Full Throttle Car Is On The Track

By on 05/20/2013

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Logo

The very first Full Throttle car has been spotted on the track at Six Flags Magic Mountain. That’s a very good sign for those of us who have been waiting patiently for the new roller coaster to open, as it means that the testing of the ride might not be that far off.

You can just make it out hiding in the tunnel if you peek through the fence on the back hill:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Car

Keep in mind that it is not a full train, but rather just a single car from the train:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Car

They probably have this single Full Throttle car on the track so they can do a “pull through,” where they literally pull the car very slowly along the entire track checking for clearances and making sure  all of the sensors line up where they are supposed to.

1. Matthew

05/20/2013 at 4:41 pm

Wow the trains look good

2. Matthew

05/20/2013 at 4:45 pm

So is there anything on a testing date?

05/20/2013 at 4:56 pm

Maybee..

05/20/2013 at 10:59 pm

Nothing that I know about.

3. Sean

05/20/2013 at 4:56 pm

Woohoo! Can’t wait for testing, I’ll be hanging around the SEFK plaza a lot once they start testing!

4. Ralph Fr3m

05/20/2013 at 5:05 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

5. Jeff

05/20/2013 at 5:15 pm

Something deep inside me still hoped you’d report that Magic Mountain was miraculously finished and ready to open Full Throttle on Wednesday when I reunite with MM after nearly a 20 year hiatus.

05/20/2013 at 11:00 pm

20 years?!? Wow…the park is going to be completely different for you. But that’s a good thing. It’ll almost be like visiting a new park. :-)

• James Z (not the other James)

05/22/2013 at 3:14 am

Not sure if that’s a good thing! ;)

6. Dylan

05/20/2013 at 5:25 pm

OMG that guy was right, they look amazing cant wait for testing.

7. Looper

05/20/2013 at 5:40 pm

Dang so had I of gone down “death hill” instead of towards Roaring Rapids when I came out of Sky Tower I could have gotten a glimpse of the seats. Would have loved to had seen them, but we did get a free fudge sample at Coaster Candy Company which we would not have gotten by going the other way.

05/20/2013 at 11:02 pm

Sure you can…just backtrack a bit back to the Coaster Candy Company once you get to the bottom of the hill.

8. Great American Coasters

05/20/2013 at 6:24 pm

I had a feeling that they had the cars in the tunnel, I didn’t get a good look inside, so I missed it.

05/20/2013 at 6:48 pm

EIGHTH COMMENT!!1! YES!! [confetti flies, horns blow]

Anyway, I’m sure testing will commence very shortly. I don’t know how long a pull through takes, but with this layout only being 2200 feet long, it shouldn’t take long at all. Premier does a good job with their rides, so I don’t anticipate any problems here.

10. Casey

05/20/2013 at 7:19 pm

This is so great!!!

05/20/2013 at 7:35 pm

After a second look at the photos here, I noticed the fluorescent light fixtures in the tunnel. My guess is that they’re just work/emergency lights and won’t be a part of whatever special effects are planned in there. Which brings me to another question: have those effects been set up as of yet? I know abso-diddly nothing about what it takes to install lighting, smoke, mirrors, fire, etc., so I don’t know how long that would take. I would guess not too long, but then there’s the testing aspect of it, and of course it needs to be synched with the movement of the trains and operation of the braking and propulsion systems.

• Misael

05/20/2013 at 8:59 pm

Maybe once the trains are running without any problems, is when they’re gonna start with the effects…. Anyone?

05/20/2013 at 11:06 pm

Those lights were already in the tunnel from the monorail. They probably just stuck new bulbs in them when they started working in there. I think someone said earlier that all of the electrical work along the left wall were controls for the coaster. They are working on something along the right wall, but I can’t get a good enough view to be able to see what it is.

12. josh

05/20/2013 at 10:31 pm

Rollback of other train hologram just before impact “full throttle in reverse. Sorry for grammar

13. Jamie

05/20/2013 at 11:58 pm

Jamie I Wanted to say I hope that you guys be finish with full Throttle at least by July,do you guys have a actual date for the new ride.

05/21/2013 at 10:01 am

The park has not yet announced a formal opening date for Full Throttle.

14. Dirk Morrissey

05/21/2013 at 11:53 am

Awesome news, thanks!

15. Cam

05/21/2013 at 5:45 pm

Exciting!! I’m probably going to the park tomorrow? Do you think it will be crowded, schools are still in session right?

I’ll see if there’s anything new!

• Cam

05/21/2013 at 6:11 pm

Also, where is the tram that I heard about that is only a dollar that takes you to MM?

05/21/2013 at 8:54 pm

You probably heard about the Santa Clarita Hometown Trolley. However, it doesn’t begin its seasonal operation until Thursday, May 23rd. You’re going to miss it by one day.

05/21/2013 at 8:53 pm

Schools are still in session, so it shouldn’t be crowded. However, I’ve heard there is an anti-bullying event being held there tomorrow, so I don’t know if that will make it more crowded or not.

16. joseph

05/21/2013 at 6:51 pm

are they going to have to close superman to test this over the superman plaza?

05/21/2013 at 8:14 pm

Not if they do testing after hours, which I suspect is a possibility.

05/21/2013 at 8:57 pm

If they do any testing while the park is open, then yes they will close the plaza. I suspect they will want to ensure that everything is safe and secure as the coaster passes overhead. I’m sure they will eventually start testing with the park and plaza open, just to tease people and build hype for their new ride.

17. James Z (not the other James)

05/22/2013 at 3:20 am

Too bad to see they have done very little to the ceiling (and walls) of the tunnel other than paint them!

Nice to see cars on the track. I think this ride will be surprising and fun, but IMO the park needs so much work and these kinds of projects are just delaying the process of improving guest experiences for the long-term.

I also wish when they actually did these kinds of projects that they thought them out better and did them with a little more passion.

• James

05/22/2013 at 4:14 pm

To be fair to the park, they have made significant improvements to the park over the last few years.
      People wanted improved theming on rides, they have done that.
      People wanted more pleasant midways and areas, well they have done that too. Look at the improvement in areas like DC…. Granted, there is a long way to go, but at least their effort has improved.

18. Pingback: 2013 Neuheit: Full Throttle (Premier Rides, Launch Coaster) @ Six Flags Magic Mountai - Seite 10

19. Pingback: Full Throttle Construction Article Roundup - The Coaster Guy

20. Herman

05/23/2013 at 7:19 am

Hi!

Im going to SFMM in late june, but the exact date is not decided. I have read that some rides might close in bad weather, especially during windy conditions. Obviously I do not want that to happen, I want to ride them all!

To pick the best day, I will check the weather forecast prior to my visit. I know the weather is mostly nice in that area, but just in case I would like to ask you how big winds and what wind directions might result in rides being closed? And what about rain?

05/23/2013 at 7:34 am

You really don’t need to worry about rain in June. We get very little of it and it’s almost always during winter and early spring. The heavy Santa Ana winds are usually what will be strong enough to close rides down, but those are typically in fall and winter. Your biggest weather concern will probably be the heat, but that won’t affect the rides.

• Herman

05/23/2013 at 8:02 am

Hehe, coming from Norway I actually look forward to the heat! At least as long as roaring rapids is open :)

It looks like FT will not open prior to my visit, but on the positive side I assume that should result in shorter ride lines.

Thanks for the quick reply!

05/23/2013 at 7:18 pm

I was at the park today, and the car is no longer in the tunnel. Who knows where it is, but I couldn’t see it.

• Misael

05/23/2013 at 8:27 pm

You think they had difficulties, or is the “Pull Through” completed, how is the rest of the area looking?

• joey

05/26/2013 at 9:54 pm

it could be in the in the tunnel where the second and third launch takes place

22. blake

05/24/2013 at 7:43 pm

i said train on monday :D

23. Ralph B.

05/25/2013 at 6:03 pm

So I just saw a picture of Thrill Capital Insider on Facebook and all 3 trains are already on the track. That means they will start testing real soon. Can’t wait!!!!

24. Dylan

05/26/2013 at 11:06 am

Is there going to be a update soon because the cars are on the track.

• Misael

05/26/2013 at 6:44 pm

Well I think Kurt is on his way back home from Santa Cruz Boardwalk. Maybe Monday or Tuesday… Maybe …lol

25. joey

05/26/2013 at 9:52 pm

it might be the whole train but all you can see is the last car

26. Nerd3

05/27/2013 at 11:36 am

Testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing Testing testing testing testing testing testing testing testing TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Justin Bronston

05/28/2013 at 6:27 am

Is it true that there is no overhead bar. just the ap bar?!? isnt that going to be super dangerous!?!?!!!

• Ezra

05/28/2013 at 2:40 pm

Yes it will be lap bar only. However it will be very safe. Many roller coasters that go upside-down only have lap bars. Like Revolution when it opened, Montezooma’s Revenge at Knott’s and Superdooperlooper at Hershey’s Park.

28. dylan

05/28/2013 at 2:55 pm

the full 3 car train is in the station and the second one is being put on the track, testing is supposed to start by the end of this week if every thing goes according to plan