- Apocalypse Being Retracked at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Construction Update #7
- Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Construction Update #6
- New VR Coaster Experience Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
- Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Construction Update #5
2013 Parking Price Increases At Six Flags Magic Mountain
We are not that far into the 2013 season at Six Flags Magic Mountain and the parking rates went up just in time for Memorial Day weekend. Ticket and season pass prices did not change, but here is what it’s going to cost you to park there now:
- General Parking: $18/day (was $17)
- RV/Oversized Parking: $25/day (no change)
- Valet Parking: $35/day (was $30)
- Season Parking Pass: $60.00 (was $50)
While these parking prices seem high, they are the second lowest out of all the Six Flags parks around the country. Only Fiesta Texas is lower at $17/day. Great America and Great Adventure are both a whopping $22/day and every other Six Flags park in the US charges $20/day. Why Magic Mountain is only charging $18 is a mystery to me, but I’m certainly not complaining.
A couple of years ago, I wrote an editorial piece for Theme Park Geekly called Why Aren’t There More Parking Garages at Theme Parks. I discussed the pros and cons of building a garage, what it would cost, and how it would get paid for. Take a look at it and let me know if you agree or disagree. Should more parks spend the money on garages?