Insane Coaster Wars Returns For 2013 On The Travel Channel

By on 06/03/2013

Insane Coaster Wars: World Domination

Insane Coaster Wars is back for a brand new season on the Travel Channel. New for 2013, Insane Coaster Wars: World Domination will premier on Sunday, June 9th. If you’re not familiar with the show, Insane Coaster Wars pits roller coaster versus roller coaster in the ultimate showdown. Each episode profiles a few roller coasters that are considered to be in the top of their class for one particular area, such as speed, or height, or length. At the end of the episode, they reveal which coaster was chosen as the winner.

Six Flags Magic Mountain will have two roller coasters in the competition this year; Tatsu and X2. Filming was actually done last November and I was fortunate enough to have participated in both. It’s not bad wearing shorts and pretending that it’s summer while filming in Southern California in November, but I sure wouldn’t have wanted to be a part of the filming in the northeast. Brrrr!!! You can see some behind the scenes here.

Here is a preview of the upcoming season of Insane Coaster Wars: World Domination:

1. dylan

06/03/2013 at 10:53 pm

getting kid of board of coaster wars, it seems to be the snake coasters every season. X2 and tatsu have already been in coaster wars. it would have been nice to use full throttle, gatekeeper and outlaw run…… (2013 coasters)

• Justin

06/04/2013 at 2:49 pm

The 2013 coasters weren’t even fully built yet when this was filmed. Maybe next season they will be featured.

• Casey

06/05/2013 at 1:25 pm

No SFMM coasters have been in ICW yet. The only reason I watched it was to see coasters from the mountain!!!

06/06/2013 at 10:18 pm

Yah, I don’t remember seeing any last year either.

2. JIMMY TOVAR

06/04/2013 at 4:31 am

Unfortunately the show was filmed last year. Many next year all these record breaking wooden coasters and and new steel coasters will have their day.

3. XYZ

06/04/2013 at 3:42 pm

This show is garbage. The ratings are made by random people who know nothing about coasters. For instance, how in the world did Aftershock beat Montu, Manta, & Alpengeist?

4. Roger

06/04/2013 at 9:25 pm

It was fun during the filming of X2. But wasn’t there a technical issue, so that day ended up on the cutting room floor?

06/04/2013 at 9:56 pm

Yes, but we went back over after we were done on Tatsu and filmed again. I ended up being directly behind Jodi up front, who the camera was on, so I’m hoping I show up in the on-ride shots.

• Roger

06/06/2013 at 8:48 pm

Guess my ugly mug broke the camera! At least I was able to do that marathon run on X2.
        We’ll have to watch and see!

5. Dylan

06/05/2013 at 1:54 am

I agree with xyz about the rating system, it’s rated by people who haven’t been on most of the rides they are voteing for

06/05/2013 at 6:08 am

I think you misunderstand how the rating system works. You only rate the coaster that you’ve ridden. All day long, every guest is asked to rate the ride right as they get off of it. They do this for every coaster they profile and then add up the results at the end of the day. They compare the scores and the one with the highest score wins. It’s actually a very fair way of rating them.

• James Z (not the other James)

06/07/2013 at 2:20 am

It makes me wonder if sitting in prone position on the block brakes for Tatsu after 5 minutes while waiting for the next train to dispatch would discourage a ride reviewer from rating the ride highly.

6. Pinky710

06/05/2013 at 2:20 pm

It’s fair in that sense, but it’s Rated by people who know nothing about coasters and some of the people have only been to the park they are at. If they where rated by coaster enthusiasts I would watch the show more

06/06/2013 at 10:25 pm

That’s the only reason I think the results are more believable, because they’re from average park guests and NOT just coaster enthusiasts. When you’re voting, you have no idea what coaster will be pitted against the one you just rode. If everyone is giving a fair assessment when they vote, which most park guests will likely do, then it’s a fair comparison at the end. It doesn’t matter if that’s the only park they’ve ever been to or not, it’s purely their opinion about how they felt about that one ride.

7. Quan

07/13/2015 at 12:14 pm

Haha I was just watching this and then all of a sudden, I see Kurt on X2.