Global Smurfs Day On 22 June 2013

By on 06/19/2013

Global Smurfs Day

Global Smurfs Day is back and Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting in on the action to help promote the upcoming release of The Smurfs 2 movie due out in July. Be one of the first 200 guests to arrive at the park dressed like a Smurf and you will receive a wristband allowing you access to the park 30 minutes before the main gate opens to the public so you can enjoy some exclusive ride time on select rides. The exact rides are not known. Here is the official park announcement: Global Smurfs Day

This also happens to be the same day that the Full Throttle roller coaster is making its debut to the general public. With early morning Full Throttle ERT for Gold Pass holders, Global Smurfs Day, and the first day of public operation for Full Throttle, it’s going to be very crowded and chaotic, so make sure you pack some extra patience for the day.

1. jorge daniel

06/19/2013 at 8:45 pm

is full throttle going to have the flash pass service?

06/19/2013 at 9:47 pm

Yes, I just verified it with Guest Relations. They said it will be available starting Saturday as a paid upgrade to the Platinum Flash Pass, just like Lex Luthor and X2 are today. She said they wouldn’t know the price until Friday.

06/19/2013 at 11:06 pm

It will be interesting to see how that works out since the Full Throttle trains are already fairly small. This brings to mind another question: will Full Throttle have a single rider line?

06/19/2013 at 9:01 pm

Global Smurfs Day at Magic Mountain? No, thank you… I’m already fighting a lack of sleep and I haven’t even been to the Full Throttle media day yet. Saturday will be a day of rest for me.

3. steve

06/19/2013 at 9:30 pm

Magic Mountain is and always will be my favorite amusement park. But i wouldnt go to magic mountain on a saturday if you gave me $10,000 on top of free entry. Let alone be painted blue.

4. Phil

06/20/2013 at 4:07 am

I suppose Six Flags will never stop latching on to cheap, tacky, obvious income grabbing advertisement options…

5. James

06/20/2013 at 11:37 am

I went to Magic Mountain yesterday, June 19, and they were stocking up the old arcade with food. They also had a band playing later at night on the stage. I believe they started testing Full Throttle at around 7 p.m. and they were done testing at around 8 p.m.. Also, when I was watching the testing, I couldn’t help but notice how quiet it was. Do you know if it will be a quiet ride?

6. Johnathan

06/20/2013 at 2:15 pm

So wont the people that signed up for ert on full throttle have an unfair advantage to get smurf day early entry?

06/20/2013 at 2:26 pm

Why would they want to do that when they’ll have already been in the park for 90 minutes before the Smurf early entry starts?

7. Johnathan

06/20/2013 at 4:12 pm

They will have been in for two hours actually, but lets say I get off full throttle by 9 will I be able to go on x2 without a smurf wrist band?

8. Johnathan

06/20/2013 at 4:15 pm

I’m wondering because I will be going at 8 am . Will the other rides be open for us?

06/20/2013 at 4:20 pm

The Gold ERT for Full Throttle is from 8-10:00 am. Why on earth would you want to leave that before it ends? I guess you could exit the park at 9:00 and get a Smurf wristband, but they won’t let you back until 10:00, and then there’s no guarantee which rides you’ll be confined to.

9. XYZ

06/20/2013 at 6:27 pm

Of all the days, why did SFMM have to celebrate this on Full Throttle’s opening day? They could’ve at least done it on the 23rd.

10. Johnathan

06/21/2013 at 2:45 am

How many times will I be able to ride between 8 and 10?

11. Johnathan

06/21/2013 at 2:54 am

Six flags didn’t make up smurf day! 22 is global smurf day. Celebrated around the world

12. Pingback: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report 22 July 2013 - The Coaster Guy