Don't Miss

Full Throttle Media Day At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on June 21, 2013

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Logo

The long awaited Full Throttle Media Day at Six Flags Magic Mountain was held on 21 June 2013, where they debuted their brand new roller coaster to the media. Early in the morning it was questionable if there was even going to be an event, as the State of California had not yet signed off on the ride. However, Six Flags pushed forward and was able to get the state’s blessing right around the time the event was due to start. With a world record setting 160-foot vertical loop, two forward launches, a backwards launch, and a never-been-done-before “top hat” element that sends you racing over the top of the vertical loop, this was a ride that was worth waiting for.

When we were first let into the Full Throttle Plaza, there were lots of tables and chairs for taking in the entertainment the new plaza has to offer, with room to expand:

Full Throttle Media Day

Glass Crafts and Wild Things will be returning to their completely refurbished homes:

Full Throttle Media Day

Two new food outlets, High Octane Wings and Loaded Dogs, as well as a small retail space featuring two Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, were open for business in what was once a very dated arcade building. I’ve sampled both the wings and the hot dogs and they are all very good. The building looks brand new and has a new lease on life:

The new signs are 3-dimensional, very colorful, and look great:

Full Throttle Media Day

The two Freestyle machines were extremely popular on a very hot day:

Full Throttle Media Day

The Loaded Dogs hot dogs are cooked on the side of the building, on an open grill. There are even turkey dogs available if that’s your preference:

Full Throttle Media Day

The stage was set and it was a beautiful, albeit hot, day for the Full Throttle media day:

Full Throttle Media Day

The hexagon in the middle of the plaza is a mister system, and it works really well:

Full Throttle Media Day

I don’t know their official name, but I called the stilt walkers the Full Throttle-bots:

We were also entertained by a DJ, a drummer, and the Full Throttle dancers:

Full Throttle Media Day

The drummer’s name was Ricky Rocks, and I have to say I was very impressed! He seamlessly blended his live act into the song the DJ was playing. He was incredible and I felt like I was watching a live performance by an entire band, not just one guy:

Full Throttle Media Day

One of the nice things about having extra time to kill before an event like this is getting to meet new people. I was quite humbled by how many people came up and introduced themselves to me as fans of this site, like Kevin and his mom Cathy, from La Crescenta:

Full Throttle Media Day

Shortly after 11:00 am, Bonnie Rabjohn, Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Park President, took the stage and performed the ceremonial dedication of the new ride:

Full Throttle Media Day

One of the guests of honor on hand at the event was Jim Reid-Anderson, the Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Six Flags Entertainment Corporation:

Full Throttle Media Day

When the speech was over, the ceremonial first train was launched amid much fanfare:

Full Throttle Media Day

Everyone there was invited to get in line and ride the new coaster for themselves:

Full Throttle Media Day

Everyone was directed to enter the main queue on the left. Those of us who were going to be filmed on the ride entered the Flash Pass queue on the right:

Full Throttle Media Day

I was extremely fortunate to have been chosen to be the very first person to be filmed on the very first train full of guests. Once they had all the cameras securely mounted and recording, we took the very first ride. That video can be seen below:

Full Throttle Media Day

The exit path is an excellent place for some pictures, as the train screams right past you:

Full Throttle Media Day

One of my four favorite things about this ride is how long you actually hang upside down at the very top of the loop. It’s so big, you feel like you’re up there forever:

Full Throttle Media Day

My second favorite thing is the backwards launch out of the tunnel. It really gives me that queasy, but in a good way, feeling in the pit of my stomach. My third favorite thing is the acceleration you feel as you’re blasted through the tunnel during the third launch. Lastly, I love how it feels like you’re going to be ejected from the train when the brakes start to grab as you’re just coming over the top of the loop. It was a very nice surprise:

Full Throttle Media Day

Please read these rules and don’t slow the line down by trying to circumvent them. I’ve already personally seen a cell phone fall from someone’s pocket at the top of the loop, so be sure to secure all of your belonging and loose items before getting on the ride:

Full Throttle Media Day

They were doing a lot of filming of the new ride today and this had to be one of the coolest cameras there. It was a six-rotor remote control helicopter with a camera mounted to the bottom so that they could film the ride from the air. It was so cool to watch! It even passed through the loop as it was filming the coaster roll by:

Full Throttle Media Day

That’s it for the photos from the event. Here is my on-ride video from Full Throttle:

I really like Full Throttle. I think it’s going to be a very popular roller coaster in an already star-studded lineup of coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain. If you’ve already been able to get a ride in on Full Throttle, please tell us what you think of it.

1. Selvin

06/21/2013 at 10:12 pm

Sweet video! It must have been a lot of fun on that ride. I heard you are upside-down for at least 2-3 seconds! I can’t wait to ride it tonight at Midnight!

• Thrill Capital Insider

06/22/2013 at 9:59 pm

Midnight Riders already passed last night….?

2. josh

06/21/2013 at 10:15 pm

“but here’s a video to TIDE you over”, guess he was pretty tired

3. JJJ

06/21/2013 at 10:30 pm

Excited to read your impressions.

Also, hope you discuss the newest survey soon (didnt say anything about it being a secret).

Finger print season passes? Hell no.

06/22/2013 at 7:02 am

I haven’t gotten a survey recently. When did you get one?

• JJJ

06/22/2013 at 9:51 am

Yesterday or the day before. Asked about your experience with the season pass processing hut (terrible, takes forever), and how you would feel if they replaced it with a system that doesnt use photos. Instead, theyd scan your fingerprint at the turnstile.

However, youd still need to carry a membership card + scan your finger every time.

I told them I dont like the idea.

4. JJJ

06/21/2013 at 10:32 pm

Also, is it fair to say, based on the video, that the brake run does result in a painful jolt?

• Dane. P

06/21/2013 at 11:11 pm

I have had just about enough with you today. SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY THAT THE COASTER IS FINISHED YOU JERK!

06/22/2013 at 7:03 am

Dane, please refrain from name calling on this site. I don’t think what he asked was out of line at all.

06/22/2013 at 7:06 am

It actually was quite a gut-wrenching jolt on the first ride because I wasn’t expecting it. I was expecting a nice gentle glide down the hill. However, it was a great “ejector” moment and I was grateful that the lapbar was there to do its thing. It reminds me of the MCBR on Goliath. As long as you’re expecting it, you can brace for it and it’s not bad.

06/21/2013 at 10:42 pm

It was nice to see you today, Kurt. I got one ride in the very front, one in the middle, and one in the second row from the back. Full Throttle is going to be very popular with the public. It is short, but certainly sweet.

06/22/2013 at 7:07 am

It was nice to see you too, Eric. I think the GP is going to love this ride.

6. Dane. P

06/21/2013 at 11:12 pm

Who was that sitting next to you? Did you know him?

06/22/2013 at 7:08 am

I was supposed to ride alone, but that guy hopped into the seat at the last second when he saw it was available. He was controlling the remote trigger for the camera taking stills of the kids in the seat behind me.

7. Justin

06/21/2013 at 11:30 pm

I saw the video of the opening on media day and I have one question. Why did they not play Live it up when they opened they ride? They have a band make a song for the ride, and then they don’t play it when they officially open the ride. Such a missed opportunity. Hopefully they will find a way to use incorporate it in the public grand opening, if that even exists.

06/22/2013 at 7:10 am

That’s a very good question, Justin. I was wondering that myself, but forgot to ask about it. None of the music was playing in the tunnel, and I expect that will be what we hear in there, as well as while waiting in the queue.

8. mugnezz

06/22/2013 at 12:17 am

honestly, I find this useless coaster, six flags magic mountain he did not really need, they could do something else

• Arkhamar

06/22/2013 at 2:06 am

Man, I’m jealous. Can’t wait to hear from the Midnight Rider folks. Must be even more awesome in the dark and really curious to know if the special effects were on in the tunnel?

06/22/2013 at 7:12 am

Or….they could have done nothing at all. Personally, I’d rather have this then nothing at all. I’m grateful that they’re still willing to invest the money on new rides every year, especially coasters.

• mugnezz

06/22/2013 at 7:22 am

in a park where there are 17, this is quite useless, There are hundreds of things you can build dark ride , water coaster , water ride , flat ride etc etc

06/22/2013 at 7:43 am

The big new ride last year was the world’s tallest drop ride, and it’s a fantastic ride. Don’t they get credit for that?

• mugnezz

06/22/2013 at 10:52 am

of course, make a tower of Superman was the most brilliant idea in the world, but then again, as these mountains merits, could build another, I expect a SkyScreamer for next year;-)

06/22/2013 at 7:13 am

Just out of curiosity, what didn’t you like about the ride? Or is this just a feeling you have based on what you’ve seen and heard, without having ridden it yet?

• mugnezz

06/22/2013 at 7:25 am

it’s not that I do not like this coaster, and that there are not only roller coaster, and magic mountain must also build another

06/22/2013 at 7:45 am

So I’m going to interpret that as you not having ridden the coaster yet. Please don’t forget that Six Flags Magic Mountain has found its niche as being the Roller Coaster Capital of the World. As such, they will continue to invest in them. Since they didn’t build one last year, they added one this year. We probably won’t see another one built here until 2015.

9. Alex

06/22/2013 at 12:27 am

Where was the tunnel lighting effects is it just me or was it only with fog?

• Myles

06/22/2013 at 12:38 am

I didn’t even see fog

• Ralph Fr3m

06/22/2013 at 6:59 am

they r used at night with strobe lights and red flashing rope lights
      but no fog :(

06/22/2013 at 7:15 am

Neither the music or lights were turned on in the tunnel. The Dir. of Ops informed me the lights are quite diminished during the light of day, so they’re trying to figure out how to improve that experience.

10. Selvin

06/22/2013 at 2:47 am

I just rode this during the Midnight Early Rider Time, and I say it was awesome. There were a few miss launches at the first loop, but other than that it is working fine.

11. Selvin

06/22/2013 at 2:49 am

Also there was no fog effects in the tunnel, but there was flashing lights in it.

06/22/2013 at 7:16 am

What did you think of the tunnel lights at night? Were they pretty cool? Also, was the music playing in there yet?

• Adam

06/22/2013 at 8:53 am

Kurt was at the midnight event. Sadly besides the red light outside the tunnel no effects were on. As far as the ride goes IMO one of the funnest rides I have ever been on. The back is deff the place to sit and the airtime through the loop and the launch backwards hanging through that second inversion is incredible. Our first ride we had a roll back and we thought we just missed it but found out we only went 1/3 of the way through it so needless to say that loop is freaking amazing! I am VERY happy they put this ride at MM and I fully admit I was bummed when they announced it but I am totally excited now! I cant wait to see what they do next year, any idea or word yet?

06/23/2013 at 9:19 pm

Actually, I was not at the Midnight Rider event. I changed my mind at the last minute. I still need to get over there and check it out at night. No word on what the 2014 plans are yet.

• Selvin

06/22/2013 at 9:45 am

The tunnel likes were awesome, especially at night! They got me by surprise when we reached that tunnel. Sadly there was no music playing.

• tacalert

06/22/2013 at 1:06 pm

Remember, SFMM rushed to open this ride. They don’t even have the shade structure over the loading area yet. It just look incomplete the whole area. Would one week have killed them?

• Adam

06/22/2013 at 1:22 pm

From the rumblings I heard last night. They may get rid of the structure in the station and replace it with a tent style (like the entrance has). If not they’ll just put a cover over it. Other than that and the construction walls to the right of the old queue entrance for Log Jammer the area actually looks very good

06/22/2013 at 1:48 pm

The rumblings you heard from who?

06/24/2013 at 8:57 pm

The entire park looked like this when it opened in 1971. Believe me, once all of the foliage is filled in, this area will look really nice. Also, at some point, I’m sure there will be a second coaster and/or a flat ride added. There is enough space for it.

12. James Z

06/22/2013 at 8:05 am

Awesome update Coaster Guy! Your coverage on this has been phenomenal!

8:05 and they still haven’t opened the gates for the Gold Passholder ERT. I’m startin’ to worry! Can’t wait to ride FULL THROTTLE! !

13. Kieran

06/22/2013 at 9:29 am

Awesome! On my way there right now! Can’t wait for it! Sadly there will be a long line :( . But I heard rumors about plans to give Colossus a make over with steel tracks and adding a barrel roll. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Edward

06/22/2013 at 11:54 am

I think they shouldn’t give colossus a make over its a wooden classic from the 70s maybe they could repaint it but not add metal tracks and a barrel roll it would be a disgrace to the park kieran

14. Andrew

06/22/2013 at 12:05 pm

Looks awesome cant wait to ride! I have heard five different rumors. I think the most believable would be the Iron Horse treatment for Collosus (did I spell that right?). I have not heard of a barrel roll but that would be great! The next three all will take the place of Deja Vu. A Eurofighter, water coaster, or a Poltergeist type ride. Then there is the idea of a Sky Screamer.

• Adam

06/22/2013 at 12:49 pm

I hope a Euro fighter. Not even like The Smiler (that’d be cool tho) but something like Dare Devil Dive would be perfect for that area!

Also Iron Horse for Collosus would be AMAZING. Riding TNTG it’s one of the best coasters and if they make it like IR (which I hear is even better) than Magic Mountain would be the best park in the US no doubt.

If I were running it my 5 year plan would be Iron Horse on Collosus and new trains/magnetic brakes for Revolution (like they did for Sooper Dooper Looper)

Next year would be a Euro Fighter where Deja Vu was.

Following year would be a wing coaster. If the rumors of removing Jet Stream are true put it there.

The 4th/5th year remove Viper and put a giga similar to Intimidator 305 there. PLENTY of room and at that time Viper would be 27-28 years old.

They could do this in any order, plus of course add some flat rides. I think a giant frisbee by FT would be a great start!

06/23/2013 at 9:21 pm

I would absolutely LOVE for there to be a giant frisbee in this park!

15. tacalert

06/22/2013 at 1:05 pm

RIde capacity sucks on this ride just like some of the most recent additions to SFMM. Rode it this morning about 10:15, in line at 9:50. Was timing the trains before and after and on average it was about one train every 1:45. AND, they are not using the rear seat so the max is 16 guests. That is about 550 an hour. The estimated wait for the ride at 10:30 was 4 hours according to the supervisors.

This ride capacity now is based on ALL HANDS ON DECK. There are managers and supervisors out there right now assisting the load and unload.

Poor employees have absolutely no shade.

AND, if you are fat, please don’t get on. It took one train 5 minutes to launch because one guy was too big and the ride would not launch due to the weight. They had to take him off and that through off the whole ride.

06/22/2013 at 1:14 pm

We must have been really close to each other. I was in line at 9:50 and rode around 10:15. I was about 3-4 trains behind the one that got stuck in the tunnel for several minutes.

• tacalert

06/22/2013 at 2:44 pm

Cool. Ride was OK overall, but not worth the long wait people are still waiting in.

• Adam

06/22/2013 at 1:23 pm

The mechanic last night was saying the very back row wasnt open due to restraint issues. Such a shame they couldnt fix it by this morning. I can see them shutting it down for two days (prob T-W) to fix that plus get a new shade or the new tent structure for the station.

06/22/2013 at 1:45 pm

They don’t need to shut it down. The back row was locking, but wouldn’t give a green light, so they cinched it down and stopped using it. They can easily have mechanics work on this at night after closing. As far as the station goes, all they have to do is thread up some canvas, just like the ramp. Once it’s made, it can be installed in less than an hour, after the park closes. They won’t close this ride anytime soon unless they absolutely have to.

• Adam

06/22/2013 at 3:23 pm

Thats true if its just a canvas than yes they could do that and the restraint fix after they close. If they go with the tent style that could take a day or two. I couldnt reply above but the rumblings were from employees as well as coaster enthusiast that were there during media day. It looks like the structure is bolted to the ground, so I think the easier would just be putting a cover over, BUT I think the tent structure like at the entrance would look a lot better.

16. Victor C

06/22/2013 at 1:35 pm

Where’s the fog effects?

06/22/2013 at 1:47 pm

I’m not sure why people seem to think there’s supposed to be fog. The park says it’s just lights and music.

• JIMMY TOVAR

06/22/2013 at 2:45 pm

Because there’s fog/smoke in the video SFMM released last year. I was expecting it as well.

• tacalert

06/22/2013 at 2:49 pm

I was expecting it too. But then I remembered this is SFMM.

• James

06/22/2013 at 5:58 pm

What exactly do you mean by that?
            Can you explain?

• tacalert

06/22/2013 at 2:48 pm

The POV video released last year shows fog. So that’s why people would assume it is there.

But then it also shows two trains going at once, and that won’t happen either.

It also shows a covered launch area.

And LANDSCAPING!!!!

17. Alex

06/22/2013 at 2:53 pm

Kurt,

Also I could have sworn that you yourself mentioned fog machines by the tunnel on one of your way earlier construction updates…. Right around the beginning of vertical construction as you were pointing out the new footers if I’m not mistaken.

06/23/2013 at 8:39 am

I think I was commenting on that ring of steel that was installed just outside the tunnel that the track goes through. I said it would be neat if it had something like fog on it. I’ve never said there would be fog for sure because I didn’t know.

18. josh

06/22/2013 at 2:56 pm

great job as always keeping us posted on Full Throttle from start to finish. Glad, or should I say relieved to hear about a moment of ejector. Roll back would be awesome. On a different note, please MM no inversions on Colossus. First of all that’s just not necessary and in my opinion just plain dumb. Plenty of inversions at the park however a high 5 element might be nice, some overbanks maybe. Please remove the MCBR so the bunny hills at the end are airtime galore and bring back the double down.

19. Tyler

06/22/2013 at 3:36 pm

I rode it today and there was no back row?

• Adam

06/22/2013 at 4:51 pm

Yes there are issues with the restraints. When I asked the mechanic thats what he told me at the midnight event last night.

20. James Z

06/22/2013 at 3:54 pm

Damn Kurt I didn’t know you were gonna be there today if I did I woulda looked for ya! I was also in line when the bigger guest couldn’t ride.Got in 3 rides at about 15 min waits before the ride opened to the public.

As for the ride it is great! Favorite part is probably the backwards launch into the immelmen element, and then launching forward one more time. Probably the biggest and best surprise of the ride.

As for overall experience of the “new” area, i am sorry to say the ride is concerningly underfinished, as everyone in the station is uncovered and in the borderline unbearable sun. Vast amounts of concrete and dirt in a place once littered with vegetation, very industrial and not trimmed up as a final product. Its like nobody knew what they were doing so the whole area just comes off as non thought out or inventive at all. Wasn’t there supposed to be a song? And I’m sorry but whatever effects people are saying there are during the day are non-existant. Such a great opportunity for something cool in the tunnel but nope.

Like I said MM has a great coaster on their hands but as far as I’m concerned whatever other intangible products they put out there today was not impressive.

06/23/2013 at 8:40 am

Sorry about that. I wasn’t planning on being there, but my son changed my mind at the last minute.

21. Roger

06/22/2013 at 4:48 pm

Kurt, Great seeing ya yesterday! FT was a blast. The food was great too! The Coke Freestyle machines are great!

06/23/2013 at 8:41 am

It was nice seeing you too, Roger! I think everyone had a really good time.

22. Looper

06/22/2013 at 6:10 pm

We were at park until 4:30pm and 1 train was filled to capacity and 1 train was not using the 9th row of 8 , or the last row. Sat and watched it for about 1 hour hoping to see a rollback but never happened. Need water on the landscaping nearest Looney Tune store as its burning up.

23. Brenden

06/22/2013 at 7:47 pm

I MADE IT TODAY!!!! It was truly worth the 2 hr wait and now my favorite ride. The ride was just amazing, but I heard no music. Where was it? But for those who haven’t made it do so.

• Brenden

06/22/2013 at 7:50 pm

Ps, there was a rollback! It was after the third launch. It didn’t make it over the top hat and delayed by 20 mins

06/23/2013 at 8:41 am

Where did you start in line that it was two hours?

• Brenden

06/23/2013 at 9:11 am

The canopy where they handed out the boarding passes

24. Gregg

06/22/2013 at 9:11 pm

Great stuff Kurt. It was actually kind of nice to just get to hang around in the morning without really having to “work” as it were. It was fun just hanging out with all the different bloggers. My wife told me I was rude since I didn’t introduce her to everybody. I’ll have to fix that next time. =)

Hope to see you again soon.

06/22/2013 at 9:31 pm

Thanks, Gregg. I thought the time spent hanging out with our peers was quite fun as well. It was hard to get back into “work” mode when the event finally started. I look forward to meeting your wife at the next event.

25. isaiah

06/22/2013 at 10:55 pm

I was there at around 915 for the ert and say in the very front and wasnt impressed. got on again once the park opened for gold pass holders and saw a roll back ( over the top hat) literally on the train right before me. (you were probably right next to me kurt) Sat in the back this time and was extremely impressed with the inverted time, the 2nd launch and the air time/jolt the brakes caused.

26. isaiah

06/22/2013 at 11:08 pm

honesty you could tell the ride was rushed due to the various issues with detail that EVERYONE was able to notice. Having no station cover at sfmm is ridiculous due to the heat. even though I knew there was no cover after continuously checking this site i still wasn’t ready for the glaring heat. all in all it will be a great ride when its done especially with full.throttle nights, the theming looked great (even though its the same as x2) just needs some tweaks here and there.

27. Jorgee

06/22/2013 at 11:33 pm

So is there any plans for the 2014 season?

06/23/2013 at 8:43 am

The announcement for all of the Six Flags parks will occur at the same time, in a couple of months, just like last year.

28. Chris

06/22/2013 at 11:43 pm

I was there for the Midnight Event. Im no Coaster Enthusiast, so I haven’t rode hundreds of Roller Coasters, but I can say this is my new favorite ride at the park.

Anyone who went at Midnight got to witness what the Hostess people had told us to be ‘Extremely Rare’, THREE Rollbacks! The first two were with people onboard, the third was one of the tests AFTER the 2nd one. Apparently if it had rolled back again they were going to call the quits for the night. Thankfully it held up afterwards!

The best seat is by far the back. You get ridiculous hangtime on the loop, the backwards launch, and a crazy ejector-feeling once you hit the hill into the breaks. It was dark for us, so they had all the lights on for the area (7-10 Spotlights in the sky, Tons of colored lights) plus the Strobe Lights/Flickering Lights inside the Tunnel. After we re-entered the Tunnel for the 3rd launch, it has an odd Smell to it. Maybe it was just me being weird, but both times riding I smelt it, and didn’t when we had first entered.

My favorite part is by far the loop. My lapbar didn’t go all the way down, at ALL, because it hit my shins before it got to my waste (Thankfully they didn’t force it down on me, unlike they did my friend) So I probably had a 3-5 inch gap between me and the Lapbar. Not in your seat with only a Lapbar securing you for 3-4 seconds is amazing and horrifying at the same time.

Full Throttle will surely change my Route for Six Flags. I’ll probably go to it first then circle through Goliath, Lex Luthor, Etc instead of starting with X2 to Tatsu, Etc. Can’t wait to ride again!

06/23/2013 at 9:26 pm

Great overview of your experience on the ride, Chris. Thanks for sharing! :-)

29. Michelle

06/22/2013 at 11:59 pm

Ummm.. So I only see a lap bar. Is that the only restraint holding you in the seat? If so, OMG, I’m going to be a nervous wreck as my son meets the min height but is super skinny, that always freaks me out, like it always does when he rides X2!

06/23/2013 at 12:14 am

Don’t worry, Michelle. As long as he is 54″ tall, and doesn’t have artificial legs, he’ll be fine. The lap bar is very snug and the shin bar forces the body into a sitting position, so there is no way he will fall out. It really is a very safe ride. They use these exact same trains on other rides, so they have a proven track record.

30. Cory

06/23/2013 at 1:18 am

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for keeping us all updated on this ride so frequently! Your many updates have been greatly appreciated!!

31. drakonas84

06/23/2013 at 5:40 am

That tunnel I bet will have fog and maybe extra effects during Halloween time other than that I doubt it. Having to deal with that fog machine would be a pain constant refills ordering the expensive fog juice. As well as could you imagine them having to stop in that tunnel for issues for 20 min full of fog? It would be bad for anyone with breathing issues. Yes they could have workarounds for this but that tunnel was originally for a tram so proper modification for a good effect may not be worth the payout at this time.

Also that tunnel gets a good breaze going through it often blow that fog out pretty quick. Glad they were able to utilize it though as it was a “smoking area” kids used and sat in the old trams.

• tacalert

06/23/2013 at 8:19 am

Let’s be honest. They will never do it. WYSIWYG with Magic Mountain.

• James

06/23/2013 at 9:31 am

What???

06/23/2013 at 9:27 pm

WYSIWYG stands for “What you see is what you get.”

• tacalert

06/24/2013 at 10:02 pm

Only older people get that Kurt. Thanks.

32. Michelle

06/23/2013 at 8:12 am

Thanks for your feedback about the lap and shin bar and all your updates!! No articial legs so we r ok, i personally will have more fun on the rides once he puts some meat on his bones LOL! Kids can’t wait until I take them later in the week to check out the new ride at MM! TY!

33. Pingback: Full Throttle Opening Day At Six Flags Magic Mountain -The Coaster Guy

34. Bob

06/23/2013 at 8:35 am

How is the seating assignments on Full Throttle? Is it like X2 where they assign or like Goliath where you choose your own?

06/23/2013 at 8:45 am

There is an attendant that is assigning seats. They’ve been keeping about four people in each row, two trains worth, and everyone else is held at the back corner of the station.

• Justin

06/23/2013 at 6:50 pm

Could you request to ride in a different location than the one they put you in, and just have to wait a little longer?

06/23/2013 at 9:28 pm

Maybe. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

• tacalert

06/24/2013 at 10:04 pm

They put you in lines, but typical riders, they want to stay together in the same train, so there are empty seats going out.

Honestly, I don’t know why groups want to stay together. It’s not like you talk to each other during the ride. I can see if you are going to buy the photo, but no one really does buy it. SFMM just needs to assign you and the line will move much faster on all their rides.

35. Andrew

06/23/2013 at 11:01 pm

So I keep hearing of a “Giant Frisbee”. What is that?

36. Andrew

06/24/2013 at 12:15 am

I just had a great idea for a new ride! Have you ever been on the Pony Express at a Knotts Berry Farm? Well there something much like only motorcycle themed called Booster Bikes! Google it to see it. I think something like this would be great in the Full Throttle area! What are your thoughts?

06/24/2013 at 1:18 pm

I think Pony Express is ok as a small family coaster, but it’s too short and doesn’t provide enough of a wow factor for a park like SFMM. Besides, the fact that KBF already has one just a few miles down the freeway is reason enough that you’ll never see one at SFMM.

37. Andrew

06/24/2013 at 12:25 am

Yes let’s you want the front row but the send you to the middle, they will send the people behind you to your spot and you wait for the next train. Now there is a chance they won’t do this on Full (I don’t know I’ve never been on) but I have done it at SFMM in the past

06/24/2013 at 1:20 pm

I bet they will. It doesn’t slow down the operation since they’re prepping two trains in advance.

38. Tyler

06/24/2013 at 8:22 pm

I could’ve seen you there. I was in the front of the line for gold pass early entry.

39. Cathy Gonzalez

06/25/2013 at 1:15 am

I was there on media day. I’m in this program & we were one of the lucky ones to rude it before anyone else. When I was it from the parking lot, we all thought it was the loop from revolution. It didn’t seem very big to us. But once we saw the first train launch straight into the loop, we all had second thoughts. Regardless, we all rode the coaster & I must say, it is probably one of the best coasters Six Flags has to offer.

The first launch is insane & that hang time.. Wow. It leaves you speechless. I felt like I was upside down forever. I didn’t even noticed when we past Superman plaza, next thing I know, we were in the tunnel. Knowing I was coming to ride this thrill seeker, I saw the video on you tube & realized it’d go backwards. As soon as I entered the tunnel, I knew that was what going to happen & that we were about to go on the top hat. Next thing I know, we’re launched backwards, but I have to agree with you, the third launch is the best one! You feel it go faster than ever & once you’re at the top of the loop, it’s an amazing feeling. Coming down was definitely a feeling I did not expect. It doesn’t seem like a steep drop, but once you’re on it, it catches you by surprise.

My partner & I were right in front of Bonnie, she’s a total sweetheart, & everything she said about this ride was true. This ride left me completely speechless, words can’t explain & I can’t wait to go back in 2 weeks to ride this beast again!

When I see the video you posted, I still don’t believe I ride this thing before anyone else… The fact that I rode it just amazes me. I defiantly think that if people go to Six Flags, this ride is a MUST.

40. Nate

06/27/2013 at 12:50 am

Do you know if they have a single rider line for the ride or is it just flash pass and general line?

41. Jim

06/29/2013 at 9:06 pm

Were there any special effects in the tunnel?

06/29/2013 at 9:27 pm

There weren’t on media day, but I think they got them working now. There is red rope lighting at the entrance, strobe lights inside, and a couple of music snippets, with one of them being Ozzy Osborne’s Crazy Train.

42. Ralph B.

06/30/2013 at 12:31 am

Thanks 4 the info, Kurt. I bet the ride is even better now with all of the special effects in the tunnel. Can’t wait 2 ride it again next time I go. It’s really an amazing coaster. Short but sweet. :)

43. Pingback: 1971 Magic Mountain Opening Day Photos - The Coaster Guy