Season Pass Subscriptions At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 06/25/2013

2013 Six Flags Season Pass

It used to be that if you wanted a season pass to your local theme park, you’d make a one-time payment and not have to worry about it for the rest of the year. Over the last few years, season pass prices have increased as the economy has worsened, so not as many people could afford, or perhaps justify, the cost of an annual season pass. That’s when parks started to offer installment plans, such as the Six Flags Season Pass Payment Plan, stretching the cost of an annual pass over three monthly payments. Now, Six Flags Magic Mountain has taken it a step further and is offering season pass subscriptions.

Six Flags calls their season pass subscriptions Membership Plans. They are a much more affordable option for those who want a season pass but might not be able to afford a large one-time payment. The cost of the Membership Plan you choose is divided into 12 equal parts, with each part being charged to your credit card at the beginning of each month. As long as payment is made each month, your season pass never expires. You even get to keep your season pass at the end of the year and into the next year, while a traditional season pass is dated and expires at the end of each calendar year. You can kiss those long hours of waiting in the season pass processing line every year goodbye forever.

When you apply for a Membership Plan, you provide Six Flags with all of your contact information, including a credit card number. That credit card will automatically be charged each month without any intervention on your part. There is a payment portal where you can change which credit card gets billed.

The Membership Plan allows you to choose which season pass you would like to subscribe to. Here is an overview of the prices as of this writing (6/25/13):

Six Flags Season Pass Subscriptions

The three columns from left to right are Season Pass, Combo Pass, and Gold Pass. There are absolutely no differences in the season passes that are purchased annually versus those on the Membership Plan, other than how you pay for them. You can read what the differences are between the three different passes on Six Flags’ web siteIf you are buying four or more passes, you can usually get a better deal on the price and perhaps a free upgrade if you buy them outright, of course you have to pay for it all at once.

06/25/2013 at 10:30 pm

I saw something about this and think it’s a great deal for anyone who goes to a Six Flags park often. At some point when I can do so, I’ll look into getting this. It looks like you can sign up at any time of the year and just make the monthly payment.

2. JIMMY TOVAR

06/26/2013 at 6:09 am

WOW! This is great!

3. M. Smith

06/26/2013 at 8:03 am

So if I buy a membership plan today, I have unlimited visits for the rest of the year, and all of 2014……..until I cancel right?

Do I have to “go” to SFMM to actually get the pass, or do they mail it?

Also, about the Gold Pass, I understand it includes free parking…how does that work? Do I get a sticker on the pass, or do I have to leave something on my dashboard? I am worried people would break into my car and steal the free parking pass. Please let me know how it works, thx.

06/26/2013 at 8:22 am

If you start a membership today, you have to commit to a minimum of one year, or 12 monthly payments. So that would mean you would have park access until 6/26/2014. After that, it’s your choice to keep it or not. As long as you keep making your monthly payments, the pass will not expire. You can keep it until the end of 2014, 2015, or as long as you want.

I believe you will still have to get the membership processed up front, to get your pass with your picture on it, but that’s it. You will not have to go back in each year for another picture and a new pass.

If your pass comes with parking, it’s printed on the front of the pass. They’ll scan your pass at the parking toll booth and let you through. There is nothing that you need to leave on your dashboard.

4. James

06/26/2013 at 1:06 pm

When did the park remove the Looney Tunes sculptures that used to be atop Cartoon Candy Kitchen?

5. Alex

06/26/2013 at 8:58 pm

Wow! In one way this is awesome. It’s always been true that a season pass is worth every penny. After all, you’ve got your value out of it even if you only go twice a season. On the other side of the coin it’s really sad that the world had come this on an economic note. Has the “recession” really affected Southern California this bad? Makes me sad that overall people are too poor to afford a onetime charge. 🙁

6. chilton schillimg

06/27/2013 at 12:48 am

Hey kurt off topic, but you have any idea whats going to happen to the place where they had the batman shows? Never seen one (wish i did) but i dont think that place has been used in a while. Thats a nice chunk of land that can easlily add some flat rides. If not a great extension for the dc universe. Maybe even a shorter path from atman to riddler. Just some thoughts. What do you think?

06/27/2013 at 5:51 am

That’s been used as the very popular Fright Fest maze Aftermath for the past two years and looks like it will continue to do so going forward. It’s a fun maze, but I think it’s a total waste of that venue to only be used one month of the year.

7. Tim

06/29/2013 at 6:02 am

I just purchased my $7 a month membership subscription pass, printed out the ticket, and I am off to the park today to YOLO with Full Throttle, and I hope it’s open today. I read in another forum it was closed yesterday.

I know I have to get to the park early to beat the line at the parking booths, and processing center. I want to get in line for FT asap. I do expect it to be really hot, so let’s hope they have those misters on for all the rides, including FT. I haven’t been to the park in over 2 years, so it should be fun.

I opted for the $7 a month offer, which is great because since I don’t live out in the SCV anymore, I am not sure how often I will visit the park throughout this year, but if it’s good for the next two years, and I keep paying my monthly installments, I’ll be set to visit whenever, but I added it all up, and I think doing it this way, you end up paying more.

Well, I will be at the park today.

Tim

06/29/2013 at 6:13 am

I don’t think they have misters on FT, at least not yet. Also, you can get into the park one time with your printout before processing your pass. You could do that first to ensure you’re one of the first to get in the FT line, then go process your pass later when the FT line is longer.

You definitely end up paying more in the long run for the membership than the deals you can get by paying up front, but sometimes it’s easier for some people to make smaller monthly payments. Just think of it as a small convenience tax.

8. Debbie

04/03/2014 at 7:34 pm

I bought a season membership which included my daughter and grandson . Turns out because he us autistic he doesn’t ine six flags. They haven’t been so I was wondering can I change their names on the printed sheet got two people I kniw will enjoy the passes? Orr can I get my money back since theirs has not even registered as going ?

04/04/2014 at 12:23 am

That’s a question that only Six Flags can answer. I suggest calling their Guest Relations line and ask them.

9. Brayam jacob

04/23/2014 at 7:30 pm

How much is the initial payment for the first month of the six flags membership.

04/24/2014 at 6:15 am

You’ll need to check their web site for the current monthly rate. I don’t know it off the top of my head.