July 4th Fest At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 07/03/2013

July 4th Fest at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Six Flags Magic Mountain is celebrating America’s birthday by hosting July 4th Fest, presented by Coca-Cola. As part of the celebration, there will be Exclusive Ride Time (ERT) the morning of July 4th on four roller coasters. Just buy your ticket or show your season pass with a can of Coca-Cola and you can get in to ride X2, Viper, Revolution, and Full Throttle from 9:30-10:30 am.

Coca-Cola will also have an “Open for Summer” zone all four days, with a live DJ, refreshments, and interactive experiences. You can also enter to win a VIP trip to Atlanta, GA. The trip includes airfare to Atlanta for four people, lodging at a Hilton, tickets and Flash Passes to Six Flags Over Georgia, admission to the World of Coca-Cola, a VIP tour of the Coca-Cola headquarters, and more. For more information or to enter the contest, visit the Six Flags July 4th Fest web page.

1. Justin

07/03/2013 at 5:13 pm

I’m going to the event! Will they except a Diet Coke can?

07/03/2013 at 5:14 pm

Yes, any Coke product should work.

• Justin

07/03/2013 at 5:49 pm

Ok, thanks.

2. Josh

07/03/2013 at 5:23 pm

Do you have to present a Coke product with a season pass? Or just a season pass.

07/03/2013 at 5:26 pm

Their web site says to just present your season pass, but the park told me via Twitter that you still needed a can, which makes sense since its sponsored by Coke. I’d play it safe and just take one with you.

07/03/2013 at 7:09 pm

I got the newsletter, but it didn’t mention which coasters would be open. However, since I have other plans, I won’t be there anyway. Hope all of you who do go have a good time.

4. Bob

07/03/2013 at 8:33 pm

This is off topic, but does anyone know the playlists of songs used in the Full Throttle area? I know one is Radioactive.

• Andrew T

07/03/2013 at 9:58 pm

yeah Radioactive

• Arkhamar

07/04/2013 at 12:37 pm

One track I know and like is Danger Zone by Kdrew.

5. Ruby

07/03/2013 at 9:51 pm

I know this might be a stupid question but will there be fireworks at night ?

6. Bob

07/03/2013 at 11:19 pm

What other songs though?

7. Austin

07/04/2013 at 3:03 am

Whoever wins the Atlanta trip, stop by my ride and say hi!! Currently in Bugs Bunny World. Love the site ‘Coaster Guy’ huge fan! Hoping to get to Magic Mountain sooner than later for a visit! Huge passion for Six Flags Entertainment Corp hoping to make my way into full time management one day!

07/05/2013 at 4:09 pm

Good luck, Austin! Six Flags is big on promoting from within, so much of their management staff actually came up through the ranks, just like you’re doing.

8. Selvin

07/04/2013 at 12:26 pm

I was able to ride Full Throttle and X2 once, as well as Tatsu four times! It was a great event! I rode Superman: Escape From Krypton tree times and Green Lantern twice afterward. I did a lot in so little time! I can’t believe I also saw you there with your son at the the tram to the parking lot, but forgot to say hello. Congrats on your son riding Lex Luthor!

07/05/2013 at 4:12 pm

I stuck with Full Throttle and we only got in two rides during the ERT hour. However, we quickly got in Goliath, Colossus, Batman, and two rides on Lex Luthor in less than an hour after that, right as the main crowd was just entering the park and lining up at Full Throttle. Next time, please do say hello!

9. MichaelOchs

07/04/2013 at 3:29 pm

Dang it , I always seem to miss these event’s I need a car and license.

10. Casey

07/05/2013 at 5:49 pm

i wish I WON THE TRIP TO ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL BE SOOOOOOOOOO FUN for the people who’re going.

11. Casey

07/05/2013 at 7:06 pm

Anyone know if the on-board audio for X2 is working right now?

• Justin

07/05/2013 at 7:38 pm

It was working perfectly at the ERT event, but that was in the morning so not sure if something happened later in the day.

12. Ezra

07/06/2013 at 9:57 am

I went and got on Full Throttle twice and the rest of the park was dead. I walked on Apocalypse, Riddler’s, Batman, and Colossus. And at the end of the day there is a Oreo challenge for a front of the line pass on Full Throttle. I won and got on again for the third time. Still no front seat though.

07/06/2013 at 8:53 pm

It’s too bad they didn’t “plus” the prize with a front seat ride. I have taken one ride in the front, and it’s great with the view, but I think you get a better ride in the back.

13. Andrew

07/06/2013 at 3:51 pm

Just took a new survey for new rides. It looks like there could be 3 new rides next year

• Arkhamar

07/06/2013 at 8:20 pm

3? hmmm. I’m ok with an Iron Colossus and 2 big flat rides, ….then the giga coaster in 2015! 😉

14. Pingback: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report 4 July 2013 - The Coaster Guy