UA-20143982-1 Full Throttle Featured On Good Morning America - The Coaster Guy
How to win the lottery

Full Throttle Featured On Good Morning America

By on 07/27/2013

Good Morning America Weekend Edition logo

The Full Throttle roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain was featured on Good Morning America: Weekend Edition this morning. The brand new roller coaster, complete with a world record-breaking 160 foot tall vertical loop, was one of two coasters they profiled, and as luck would have it, I was invited along for the ride.

A few weeks ago, I received a call from Six Flags Magic Mountain. They told me that Good Morning America was coming to profile Full Throttle and they’d like for me to ride along with them and help show off the coaster. I was flabergasted…of course I would!

After arriving at the park, I was introduced to Rachel Smith. In addition to being Miss USA 2007, she is also the co-host of ABC’s On The Red Carpet and covers the Pop News segment of Good Morning America every Saturday:

Good Morning America Rachel Smith

After getting mic’d up, we started talking about Full Throttle. Then we took our seats on the coaster and she got to experience it for the very first time. I think she liked it! We ended up riding it three times in a row. After our third ride, she polled the rest of the people on the coaster for their thoughts. The train was filled with people who had been waiting in line out front for the park to open. By this time, the park had opened for the day and people were running to get in line for Full Throttle, many who would be riding it for the very first time. Here is the GMA video from our ride on Full Throttle:

I’d like to thank Six Flags Magic Mountain for providing this opportunity to represent them. I’d also like to thank Good Morning America and Rachel Smith for making the experience both fun and memorable. I had a great time!

1. Casey

07/27/2013 at 11:00 pm

Wow! Congratulations Kurt! Can’t wait to get on it myself, as i’m going next week. Would you say this ride is worth waiting in a long line for? We’re short on time, but we’re making sure it’s our first ride.

07/27/2013 at 11:08 pm

It depends on what your definition of a long line is. I think the wait has only been 60-90 minutes at the most, and I hear it’s been even shorter in the afternoon. If you’ve never been on it, and/or don’t get to the park much, then I’d say it’s worth the wait. Try and get in early (Gold or Discover Card gates) and go straight there and you’ll have a really short wait.

2. Arkhamar

07/28/2013 at 10:54 am

Rachel:”….will you hold my hand?’ CoasterGuy:”Absolutely!” 😉 Great job Kurt, representing our park and Full Throttle! I have yet to ride this and can’t wait!

3. Francisco

07/28/2013 at 11:54 am

Wow that’s amazing, Congrats Kurt, i rode it for the first time last Monday and thought it was amazing, Congrats again!

4. Erik

07/28/2013 at 12:27 pm

Atta Boy Kurt!

With your passion and dedication, you definitely earned the right to be the gentlemen to represent full throttle! Congrats!

5. Victor C

07/28/2013 at 1:48 pm

Congrats!

6. daniel s

07/28/2013 at 2:08 pm

I know this is off topic but on the park website it says that lex luthor is temporarily closed, do you know why its closed or when it will open again. Thank you and by the way congratulations

07/28/2013 at 5:34 pm

Their web site isn’t always as current as it should be. Lex Luthor has been back open since 7/20. It was closed for scheduled maintenance.

7. JIMMY TOVAR

07/29/2013 at 6:32 am

Way to go Kurt!! Congrats. How awesome is this, to have the opportunity to represent Magic Mountain. You are the man!!

8. Alex

07/29/2013 at 11:07 am

Is there alot of people on a tuesday

07/29/2013 at 12:14 pm

There can be. Depends on the time of year and whether or not there are any special events scheduled for that day.