2014 Six Flags Season Pass eCoupons

By on 02/23/2014

If you’ve ever had a Six Flags season pass, then you’re probably familiar with the season pass coupon book. Every year, Six Flags provides its season pass holders with a small booklet full of coupons that could be ripped out and redeemed throughout the year. They range anywhere from getting $1 off the price of a drink all the way up to getting a friend into the park for free. Most of the coupons are only good on certain days, especially the free friend admission, but they are still very popular. For 2014, the park has completely gotten rid of the coupon books, but thanks to technology the coupons will live on.

Starting this year, the coupons are now electronic and will be called eCoupons. Every coupon is automatically added to the season pass holder’s account and all you need to do to redeem a coupon is to scan your season pass. If you stop by Guest Relations, you can get a foldable cheat sheet that shows what all of the eCoupons are for 2014. It looks like this:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_1

This is what the back looks like:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_2

Before you can use your season pass to claim your benefits, you need to first activate it. You can do that online by going to http://sixflags.com/pass. It looks like this:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_9

If this is your first time here, you will need to click on Register and setup your account. Once you do that, and you’re logged in, click on the Benefits tab along the lefthand side of the portal. This is where you will see all of the benefits and eCoupons that are available to you:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_3

To learn more about any particular benefit, just click on the Details button next to it. This particular benefit is only good at Six Flags Magic Mountain, and only on 23 Feb 2014:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_4

Many of the deals are valid at multiple parks, so you still get some benefits when you travel:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_5

Another nice feature of this new system is that you can easily manage multiple accounts using the Family Accounts tab on the left. For example, you can keep tabs on all of your kid’s passes from your single account. Just type in the email address that was used when their pass was registered and click on search:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_8

You’ll be presented with a list of passes that were registered under that email address. Just select the ones that you want to manage and click on Link Accounts:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_7

Before you can take control of another person’s account, they will be sent an email asking for permission for you to do so:

SFMM_2014_ecoupons_6

Thats’ it! Your season pass is now loaded up with all of your 2014 benefits and you’re ready to start saving money without having to carry around that paper coupon book.

Has anyone used an eCoupon yet? How did it work out? Was it as easy as they say it is?

02/23/2014 at 12:41 am

I see a “Print” button on the box for the Free Friend Admission and the other offers. Does that mean you have to print out the offer? For the Free Friend admission, the description says, “Present your valid 2014 Six Flags Magic Mountain Season Pass card at turnstiles on the date specified and receive one free general admission for a friend. Free friend must enter park when Season Pass is scanned for initial entry.” No mention of needing to present anything other than the season pass. Perhaps I missed something?

• Andrew

02/23/2014 at 6:58 am

That’s it! Because how I understand it, everyone who enters the park today using their season pass will have the free friend coupon deducted from them, whether they have a friend or not, since it is only valid for today. So that must be why they did this. I’m trying the free friend thing today…

2. Gregg

02/23/2014 at 8:53 am

Thanks for all the info Kurt. A few of these should come in handy during my trip in May … I doubt I’ll use any of the them at SFMM.

3. Looper

02/23/2014 at 2:00 pm

I sure hope these loadable coupons work better then my Von’s supermarket loadable deals and its not the same program software.

I asked the best SFMM employee I know about these and they mentioned they had never seen the eCOUPON GUIDE BOOK.

It would seem that if you really want to torture the host and hostess at SFMM that are wearing green hi-lighter shirts then ask them any question you can think of in regards to this system. Best I can tell this new way of coupon-less freebies hasn’t been shown to the employe’s as of 2/23/2014.

I gather you can only get the 50% off on the Dole Whip once per season so pace yourself.

Next time I go to SFMM I shall seek out this guide and try to retain it for the season.

Thanks for the update on this.

4. Andrew

02/23/2014 at 5:35 pm

Well, I was wrong. Went to the park today and it was PACKED! The system for the free friends was when your pass was scanned all the scanners had a gigantic stack of tickets in their pocket. Once the pass was scanned they would scan a ticket from their pocket and give it to the passholders friend. It worked flawlessly. But the parking lot was full and half the overflow lot was full. And they extended the hours to 7PM.

5. Andrew

02/23/2014 at 10:57 pm

So let me get this straight. The coupon is in my pass? If i bring a friend on a free ticket day all we need is my pass?

• Andrew

02/24/2014 at 7:22 am

6. Andrew

02/24/2014 at 7:23 am

How’d you miss the fact that Venom Drop has been removed at Hurricane Harbor?

7. Julio

03/02/2014 at 3:00 am

Quick question. First time season pass holder and I’m having trouble registering? I enter all of my information correctly and it says the passwords don’t match, which is odd because they do. Do I have to register to receive the benefits? I’ve tried around three times now. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

PS, if it matters, I did the buy 4 or more and get an upgrade to gold offer? Thanks

• Julio

03/02/2014 at 3:20 am

update, was able to complete it on my phone. Thanks anyways! Love the site!

8. Michelle

04/06/2014 at 10:12 pm

Im trying to activate my kids season pass to use our “BENEFITS” but theyre under age and they do not have an e mail so. I used my e mail to register their pass, but now it says my email is already in use for a different account (of course mine) so now what am i suppose to do? can anyone help please?? Thankyou!

• Nicole

04/13/2014 at 9:36 am

I would just make two additional e-mail’s on yahoo or a free e-mail site so you can register them.

04/13/2014 at 9:23 pm

If you’re having problems with your season pass benefits, then I recommend calling the park. This site is not directly affiliated with Six Flags and we’re unable to help you with any account issues.

9. Armando

04/24/2014 at 8:00 am

Does anybody know if you only get 1 free pass a season or if you get multiple? Also I’m a gold pass holder and they have bonus days wasn’t sure if those are just extra days to use your one.

10. katie

07/02/2014 at 12:30 pm

I just purchased a gold pass for Great America near Chicago as my home park. I researched extensively about this pass and did not find anything stating I needed to first process the pass at my home park. We live 5 hours from that park. We are taking a vacation in New England and the first park we will be going to is in New Jersey. It wasn’t until the voucher printed that I read that the pass needed to be processed at home park before using it elsewhere. I tried to call the park and waited on hold for 1.5 hours and finally hung up. I called online tech support who had no idea what to do and suggested I call the management number which went directly to a voice mail. Does anyone have any other recommendations as to how to speak with a human being or has anyone ever experiences this?

07/02/2014 at 1:00 pm

That’s unfortunate. I knew that you needed to process your pass at the park you bought it from, but I couldn’t tell you when or how I knew that. I suggest trying to call the park’s Guest Relation’s line again, but do it in the middle of the week and right before or just as they open for the day. They typically aren’t swamped with live guests yet and will usually pickup the phone. Once the gates open, forget it. You probably aren’t getting through.

11. dazey

03/17/2015 at 12:39 am

How many times can I bring a friend free in the “time period” given? In other words, can I bring a friend free more than once on the scheduled dates?
    (Sixflags Magic Mountin)

12. Melanie

11/19/2015 at 7:57 pm

Do i have to be present to let someone use my free friend pass?

11/19/2015 at 8:35 pm

Absolutely. It’s tied to your season pass. After you present your pass and scan your finger, the free friend pass will then be available for redemption, so you need to be together.

13. Erick Talamantes

08/11/2016 at 11:04 pm

Does anyone know if multiple ecoupons can be used in a single visit? For example, let’s say I want to use a “Bring a friend free” coupon in conjunction with a “half price” discount. Will that work or is it only one coupon per visit?

08/11/2016 at 11:23 pm

You can’t combine multiple coupons on the same purchase. For example, you can’t use a coupon to buy something for $20, then add a 1/2 price coupon on top of that. However, you can use a Bring A Friend Free coupon, then use coupons for other things (food, retail, etc) once you’re in the park.

• Erick Talamantes

08/12/2016 at 12:49 am

What if I have 2 passes? Could I use one coupon for each pass?

14. Erick Talamantes

08/12/2016 at 12:53 am

Oops, I missed a few details in my original statement. I meant to say that I would be bringing in two guests. I have 2 passes with unused coupons. Can I use 2 “Bring a friend free” coupons, since I have two season passes, despite being 1 group? What is the limit for ecoupon use per season pass?

• Scott C.

08/12/2016 at 8:23 am

I don’t get it. You have two season passes? Who buys two season passes?

15. Ayumi

08/15/2016 at 12:53 pm

Hi,I am thinking to buy gold pass which stating in the website that Extra Bring-A-Friend Free ticket on select days, does it mean I can use two of Bring-A-Friend Free ticket on the same visit?