UA-20143982-1 Six Flags Rolling Out Biometric Finger Scanners - The Coaster Guy
How to make money online

Six Flags Rolling Out Biometric Finger Scanners

By on 03/01/2014

As you might have noticed in my last trip report, Six Flags Magic Mountain recently started removing the turnstiles at the main entrance gate to make room for brand new, state-of-the-art biometric finger scanners that season pass holders will use to gain entry into the park. Intrigued by this news and wanting to learn more, I had a conversation with Jay Thomas, Six Flags Entertainment Corp.’s Vice President of Project Management and Information Technology, to understand how it worked. It was Mr. Thomas and his team who brought this project to reality.

The system is quite elegant in its simplicity. With the new system, you no longer have to go wait in a long line at the season pass processing center to have your picture taken when you buy a season pass. You simply take your season pass voucher, whether bought online at home or at the ticket booth, to the main gate and swipe it. The system will them prompt you for a finger scan, which generates a unique numerical value based on the physical characteristics of your finger. The attendant will hand you a season pass card with nothing but a barcode on it, which you will then scan. The unique numerical value generated from the finger scan will then be linked to that season pass card, and you are done. No line, no photo. The entire process takes less than 30 seconds.

The process for subsequent visits to the park is even quicker. You first scan the barcode on your season pass, then place your finger on the scanner. If they match, you are allowed entry into the park. However, before you can return to the park for a second visit, or even take advantage of the electronic coupons offered to season pass holders, you must go online and associate your personal information with your new season pass card. That can be done from a home computer, tablet, or smartphone. If none of those are available to you, then you can still swing by the season pass registration center and register your details there.

The scanners are TAS12-AS2 stations from Alvarado Manufacturing, and look like this:

SixFlags_BioScanner_4

Photo © Alvarado Manufacturing

There are two colorful display screens – one that gives clear instructions for the guests to follow and another for the attendant to monitor. The barcode reader for passes and vouchers is located just underneath the display screen. The finger scanner is located in the lower-right corner:

SixFlags_BioScanner_3

Photo © Six Flags

Upon your initial finger scan, the attendant will hand you a new season pass card with nothing but a unique barcode on it. This barcode will be linked to the unique numerical value created from the scan of your finger. This will be your new pass and you will need it for each visit to the park:

SixFlags_BioScanner_2

Photo © Nicholous Mirgoli/Theme Park Overload

The parking privileges and season dining pass credits will continue to work the same with the new cards as they do with the current season passes. Your card will be scanned at the auto toll booth to get you into the parking lot and your daily dining credits will be added to your card upon the first scan of the day at the main entrance.

These are the biometric finger scanners that were installed at Six Flags Over Texas as part of the test program:

SixFlags_BioScanner_1

Photo © Nicholous Mirgoli/Theme Park Overload

Here are some of the questions that I asked Mr. Thomas, along with his responses:

TCG: What is a biometric scanner and how do they work?

Mr. Thomas: “There’s different kinds of biometric scanners. The one we’re using is a system that takes a scan of your finger and looks at the ridges of your finger and then creates a numerical value that can be reproduced. When you look at your finger you’ll see a number of different ridges and points that it can use to create a number that is stored into the system. You can’t see anything in the system other than a number, so you can’t use that to recreate a fingerprint, but what we can do is validate that whenever you put that finger down again, that number, or a number that is statistically close to it, is recreated.”

TCG: How are you addressing people’s fears that you’re capturing their fingerprint?
Mr. Thomas: “We basically share with them the explanation that it’s a finger scan and that we capture a numeric value and that no point in time can we take that numeric value and recreate an actual fingerprint. There have been times where we had a couple of guests that have been a little bit nervous about scanning their finger, but once we explained it to them they were perfectly fine and understood and scanned and came into the park. If there is any guest that does not feel comfortable with that process, then we will still allow them to go to season pass processing. They’ll have to do a photo and have their photo associated with the card. That process is still available for them.”

TCG: Is this for everyone or only season pass holders?
Mr. Thomas: “It’s only for season passes. We don’t have any other ticket types that would require biometrics. If you had a day ticket that you purchased, you would still scan it in the same scanner, but it wouldn’t prompt you for a biometric scan.”

TCG: What is the advantage of finger scans over just the barcodes you’ve traditionally used?
Mr. Thomas: “Typically when people buy their season passes, there are pretty significant lines at the season pass processing, which is where they go to get their photo taken, which then gets printed onto your card. What happens now is that everything is done at the front gate. When you have your voucher that you purchased online, you’ll scan that voucher and then it will prompt you to scan your finger. The attendant on the other side will be prompted on the screen to please hand the guest a season pass card. What you’re doing when you scan your finger and it gets a good scan and then you take the card and scan the card and the numeric value on the card, because it’s a unique valued number on the card, those two are linked together, so the next time you come to the park, I can verify that it’s you with that scan. You’ll always scan the card first because the number from your finger scan is associated with that card. You will no longer have to go to season pass processing and have a photo taken.”

TCG: What happens if the finger has an injury, like a cut or a scab?
Mr. Thomas: “Not only does it take a scan of the surface area of your finger, it also does a little bit of a deeper dive into your finger and is able to scan in those areas as well. Dirt or cuts or injuries should not cause problems with a finger scan.”

TCG: Will they only be used at the entry gates?
Mr. Thomas: “We’re only using them at our front gates.”

TCG: Will people need to scan out when leaving the park for reentry purposes?
Mr. Thomas: “They do not. When you leave one of our properties, you should be stamped to come back into the park. The existing operational procedure does not change.”

TCG: With a photo no longer required, can we add the barcode to a smartphone app so we don’t have to physically carry the season pass card?
Mr. Thomas: “Not at the moment, however we are very close to having that functionality available.”

TCG: What happens if the system goes down, especially at a bust time like park opening?
Mr. Thomas: “As long as we don’t lose electricity, just connectivity, those scanners will still scan and be able to record and track guests that are coming to the park that day. We also have a backup plan in place which are handheld scanners. They are battery powered and can operate on their own.”

TCG: Will all of your parks have biometric finger scanners this year?
Mr. Thomas: “Almost all of our domestic parks will have it this year and the remainder of the parks will have it in the first quarter of 2015. That’s just due to the sheer size of the implementation. With the staggered opening of our parks, we’ll be doing as many of them as we can before they open for their season.”

TCG: Will a finger scan from one park work at the other parks?
Mr. Thomas: “Once we have biometrics at all of our properties, it does not matter which property you go to.”

TCG: Which parks have already been using them?
Mr. Thomas: “We did testing with them at Fiesta Texas, Over Texas, and Chicago, from summer 2013 through Fright Fest. We had very, very, very positive results, from both the management teams and the guests. The guests loved it. They see the value of not having to go to the season pass processing center.”
I did ask Mr. Thomas what other new technology we might be seeing in the parks in the near future. He mentioned that the eCoupons are new and currently being tested at Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Six Flags Over Texas will also be live with them as they open for the 2014 season this weekend. All parks will be using the eCoupons when they open for the 2014 season, whether they have the biometric finger scanners or not.
I’d like to hear from you. What do you think about biometric finger scanners? Are you looking forward to them? Are you worried about them? What concerns do you have about using them?

1. Michael Ochs

03/01/2014 at 7:27 pm

I’m not really fond of it and so hope that I can still scan my regular pass. Or let me say, Knotts will be getting even more business from me as I love that park.

03/01/2014 at 7:33 pm

I’m very curious to hear what you’re not fond of, Michael. What concerns do you have?

• tanya

03/14/2014 at 10:22 am

I have to say I agree with Michael and I will not be giving a finger print scan. They say they are not scanning but measuring the ridges mine as well get my ss# as my ridges are unique to me and one wrong person to get into the scanners could turn my world upside down… if six flags does not trust its employees to verify pictures then maybe they should hire better quality. They could have used the money they spent on the scanner to pay people a little more.

• debbie

07/26/2014 at 11:24 am

We got a season pass at vallejo, CA. They gave us our cards and said next time we enter they will scan our fingerprints…we have been 5 time this summer and out of 8 of us none of us have ever been scanned for prints…they just scan our card and let us in…at this point anyone can use our passes since no one is checking..at least before they would check your photo. We purchased our passes online and the processing line was almost non existent compared to the long wait for pictures in previous years. I don’t mind the fingerprints just not sure why the technology is being utilized..I have not really seen anyone else use it either when entering

2. Matt

03/01/2014 at 7:42 pm

Do you know if Six Flags does what Disney/Universal/Knotts/ and Seaworld do where they have media tickets they give to the media? Usually 2 per year

03/01/2014 at 8:02 pm

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by media tickets. Each season pass holder gets a few coupons where they can bring a friend for free on certain days. They also usually hold a media day the day before a new ride/attraction opens to the public. Are you referring to one of these?

3. Candice Hargrove

03/01/2014 at 7:56 pm

This is awesome! I really think it will make all the lines go down in the morning a lot faster on busy days. I’m really excited that SFMM is starting to do all their coupons online now and they have an online portal for season pass holders. I can’t wait to get my season pass for the 2014 season and test it out! 🙂

4. Marcus L

03/01/2014 at 8:11 pm

Will we be able to use our current 2014 season pass?

03/05/2014 at 6:26 am

I don’t think so, Marcus. I think what will happen is that during your first visit to the park you will scan your current badge, it’ll prompt you for a fingerprint scan, then you’ll be handed a new badge to scan and have associated with the scan. You’ll basically swap out your existing photo badge for a new one.

5. JD

03/02/2014 at 8:52 am

So it sounds like these were created for the sole purpose of making the season pass/membership set up process faster. I had heard about these but never looked to deep into the scanners. My assumption and understanding was that these were going to allow people to simply walk up, scan their finger, then be off. So not only would the season pass processing be faster you would also now not require a physical pass which I thought was more convenient. Im really missing the point on why we still require a pass. Couldnt the system just give a “green light” so to speak by just scanning a finger. If I’m in the system it should recognize my finger and be done. If this was to just boost up speed of processing why not just add double the amount of computers. Im not aware of the price of the scanners but I would think this would have been more expensive then adding computers. I love that Six Flags is doing this and dont see a problem with the scanners I guess im just left scratching my head on the whole physical pass thing.

• Andrew

03/03/2014 at 6:58 am

Because multiple people will probably have the same number assigned to them so they want to make sure YOUR number matches the one assigned to your pass.

• Scott C

03/03/2014 at 7:43 am

To totally remove the physical pass, they would have to install the finger print thing at all merchandise and food vendors as well, as you get a discount for being a pass holder, and they also load the $99 meal deal on the pass as well. I don’t see that happening, but one would guess that it is possible.

• JD

03/03/2014 at 11:40 am

I knew i had to be missing something. Didnt think of this.

03/05/2014 at 6:32 am

Andrew and Scott C are both right. As far as getting int the park, a fingerprint would indeed identify you and nobody else. However, they aren’t using fingerprints, just a numerical value that represents you. In addition to the possibility that two people could have the same number, every scan of your finger could produce a slightly different value. As long as it’s within a statistical variance, it’ll let you in.

As far as just adding more computers in the season pass registration center, where are you going to put them and who is going to man them? You’d need t add more space and hire a lot more people. Labor is very expensive and you’d have a lot of people standing around doing nothing during slow times. Not very efficient from a business point of view.

6. JJJ

03/03/2014 at 11:50 am

“They see the value of not having to go to the season pass processing center”

I dont buy it. The delay at the center was due to the small size, and need to print the picture onto the card. Also, having to type all the info if you didnt do it online before.

Why not still use the picture, but not print it on the card?

These scanners still require an attendant at every gate right? What difference was it having the person scan their barcode, have their picture pop up on the screen facing the attendant, and have the attendant confirm theyre the same person?

The season processing hut would simple use the same process theyre advertising here. You grab a card, scan it, get your pic taken at one of 20 webcams (retail value: $20) and then move on.

Looks like someone high up has a brother that sells expensive finger print machines.

Also, what happens if you have one of these finger passes and go to a park without them? Especially Mexico City.

03/03/2014 at 7:57 pm

If they are going to use photos in any way, they’d better make some tremendous improvement in their quality. The photo on my 2013 pass is awful.

03/05/2014 at 6:40 am

With the new system, you don’t necessarily need an attendant at each gate. One host could possibly keep an eye over multiple stations. As long as a scan is valid, the turnstile unlocks and the guest walks through with no interaction with anyone. If there is a problem, the host screen is flagged and they tend to it. I don’t know that this is what they are going to do, but it’s certainly possible.

The whole idea with this system is getting rid of the need to take everyone’s picture. Nobody wants to stand in any more lines than they have to. Even if they’re just taking your picture, you’d still need a physical card to associate it with. So either the guest would need to go through the front gate process first and then go through the season pass office, or the season pass office would need to have scanners and the customer would need to go through the finger scan twice, once at season pass and again to get through the gate. The whole purpose is to eliminate the extra step so the customer simply has to go through the front gate and be done with it.

If you have a new pass and go to another park before they get scanners, that will scan the barcode to get your name and check photo ID. It’s already happening and they have processes in place to deal with it.

• sara

03/06/2014 at 12:06 pm

So if I just have the new pass with not even my name on it, just my string of numbers and go to a park without biometrics how will they look up my photo id? Now I have to carry my license with me into that park? Thats just dumb. This whole process seems like it wasnt planned out too well. They should just assign you a “member” number that is shown on your new pass. And you can scan your finger or pass. Or make it a swipable card and you enter in a pin number. Then your picture shows up to the attendant and off you go. Why are they making it more complicated than need be. Whats next dna blood testing?! Sixflagproblems

7. Andy

03/04/2014 at 4:16 pm

Will people who are using a membership pass (like me, which I signed up back in August) have to get their finger scanned as well?

• JJJ

03/04/2014 at 10:16 pm

Agreed. I think taking a polaroid and then faxing that polaroid, and then scanning the photo with a 1997 cell phone would result in a higher quality image.

Thats why I recommended a $20 webcam

03/05/2014 at 6:41 am

Yes, Andy, you will need to do a scan as well. As one as your membership stays current, your new pass will continue to work.

• Andy

03/13/2014 at 2:46 am

Ok, so what would happen to my membership card that I currently have (with the photo)..would I need to have it switched out for a new one when I arrive there for my first trip of the year next month? Thanks!

8. Julien

03/05/2014 at 8:27 pm

In Order To Get Your FingerPrint In The System Do You Need To Go Through The Processing Center, Then Every Visit After Is Just a Walk Up To The Gate To Enter?

03/05/2014 at 11:14 pm

To be clear, they do not take your fingerprint. They take a “scan” of your finger and use the measurements to calculate a unique value.

To answer your question, no, you do not have to go to the season pass registration center. Just go straight to the main gate and they will handle everything right there.

9. Andrew the Epic

03/08/2014 at 10:55 pm

I have a lot to say about this. Sadly, not much positive. First off, I like my current pass cause its mine. It has my pic and name on it. I don’t want that replaced with a cheap barcode. Also, I was kinda hoping that my pass would be connected to my fingerprint, so if I lost it or didn’t want to bring it, all I need is a finger scan. But the biggest thing that bugs me, is why? Why? Why? Why?! It’s so pointless all it does is help you get your season pass processing done faster. I mean I get that it connects to your barcode, but why? It can’t be for security cause the picture worked better and it was quicker and more efficient. I see this as Six Flags being all “ooh look we have technology we r cool”. It also probably cost them a truck load of money. So really, if you can explain what good this does, tell me because I really want to hear it. I want to know what others see in this besides me.

03/09/2014 at 6:57 am

The benefit to the guest is that it helps them get into the park faster, at least initially, by not having to go through season pass processing. The benefit to the park is that it significantly reduces labor costs and helps fight fraud.

By not requiring every single pass holder to go through SP processing, they no longer need to staff that office with several employees, all day long, for months at a time from October through March, which is when the bulk of the season passes are sold. This is a huge labor cost savings to the park.

The black and white pictures on the pass were crap and barely resembled the pass holder. On top of that, very few gate agents took the time to look to see if the person using it was the same person, especially at park opening when it was really busy. Therefore, passes were shared with family and friends, allowing somebody other than the pass holder to use it to get into the park. With a unique biometric measurement, only the pass holder can use the pass. Others must buy their own ticket and/or pass.

So now you know why. From a business perspective, the cost savings from these scanners should help pay for themselves in no time.

• Ryan

03/09/2014 at 9:00 am

Another added benefit is in the future, they could start selling multi day/park tickets and eliminate the need for re entry hand stamps.

03/09/2014 at 9:44 pm

I’m guessing that Hurricane Harbor will have these scanners as well.

11. Looper

03/12/2014 at 10:53 am

So how do the Gold passes with parking work at the Parking Toll Booths? Do they have bio stations set up there. And haven’t new passes excluded photos so how does toll plaza know that that card that has parking presented to them is the person on the card. Only asking since I really don’t know.

03/12/2014 at 8:33 pm

All season pass benefits that a guest is entitled to, such as parking or the season dining pass, will still be associated with their season pass card, even though it doesn’t have their photo. The toll booth attendant will scan it and let them in if it has parking. It doesn’t matter if somebody uses their friend’s card to get free parking. They won’t be able to use it to get in the park because the finger scan won’t match and it will deny them entry.

• Scott C.

03/16/2014 at 2:18 pm

So, if I was the dishonest type, I could borrow my buddy’s gold pass, and get free parking, and eat on his $99 meal deal, when I just have a regular season pass? Seems like a big oversight to me. Gotta be more to this.
        Maybe they will track if the parking gets used and no park admittance has taken place, and revoke the pass? Not allow a meal if park entrance has not taken place?
        If I ran MM, that is what I would do.

03/16/2014 at 2:58 pm

You could get free parking, but not a free meal. The lunch and dinner credits aren’t added to the card until it’s scanned through the front gate. So unless your finger matches his, you’re outta luck.

12. Pingback: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report For 18 Apr 2014 - The Coaster Guy - The Coaster Guy

13. Pingback: Biometric Scanners Active At Six Flags Magic Mountain - The Coaster Guy - The Coaster Guy

14. Lori

04/28/2014 at 1:58 pm

So what will the process be when you bring a friend using a “bring a friend free” coupon? Will you have to go to a certain attendant or a special line?

04/29/2014 at 5:13 am

There is no longer a physical coupon that you bring in with you. All of your pass holder benefits are electronic and are stored on your card once you activate them. You and your friend just go to any entrance lane and they’ll be allowed in after you scan in. You can read more about the new eCoupons here: http://bit.ly/1gt6oWU

15. Desi

05/04/2014 at 10:33 pm

What happens if accidentally scanned my finger prints on my friends card instead of mine?

05/04/2014 at 11:25 pm

I’m not sure how you would accidentally do that, but your friend’s season pass is now tied to your finger scan. If they try using it with their finger, it won’t work.

16. Alban Pajova

05/05/2014 at 10:00 pm

I bought the gold pass for the Six Flags Great America and after I got my pass I was told that in order to add the parking and or any meal plans I had to wait in the season pass processing line by all park employees I asked. So in theory they are making the people that spend more money (who buy parking/gold pass, meal plan), wait in 2 separate lines which doesn’t seem right. The kicker is that when it was my turn in the season processing center (45 minutes later) I was told that the since I bought the Gold pass the parking was already added to the pass and I didn’t have to wait. Forget the fact that they didn’t send me an email as a season pass holder for 4 straight years to inform me of how the new policy works, they didn’t even notify their own employees. And not only that but the fingerprint scan did take quite a little bit of time, and I fail how to see it is faster than an employee checking your picture. In order to save money you don’t have to print the picture on the pass just make sure you take a high quality picture and have the employee do a quick check that way even if someone tries to use your pass they can’t. Yes in idea the initial season pass processing is faster HOWEVER, the real reason is that this is just a way to cut costs by making employees at the entrance useless.

17. Privacy please

05/11/2014 at 3:49 pm

The whole point of a season pass is that you intend to go to the park multiple times. Now they are requesting that instead of scanning one thing, each guest scan two, thereby doubling the time it takes to get into the park. This morning we went to the park for the first time with the fingerprint scanners and waited in the Discover line for an absurd amount of time.

We decided to opt out of the fingerprint scanners but were not given the option until we refused repeatedly. In supreme inefficiency, we couldnt opt out of the big brother scan at the turnstile and were told we had to go back to the season pass processing office to opt out of the scan. We continued to complain and finally the manager offered to walk back there with us so we didn’t have to wait in another line./

I fail to see how this system is more efficient to get people in the door when it takes two scans instead of one for each person that walks in the door. The wait was much longer today and despite being in the Discover line, we didn’t get to the front of the line until about 20 minutes AFTER they even opened. There weren’t more than 20 people in front of us – it would normally take 2 minutes to get in. Not 20. So while we waited for each person to scan their fingers multiple times, the non-season pass holders streamed in. By the time we got in at 11 o’clock the line for Full Throttle was an hour!

My second complaint about the system is that no matter how well intentioned the system is, it only takes one rogue employee to capture the fingerprint information and use it for nefarious purposes.

05/11/2014 at 3:58 pm

I agree with all of your comments about the inefficiencies of the new system. The only thing I will correct you on is the comment about a rogue employee stealing your fingerprint. Since your fingerprint is never actually captured, that could never happen.

18. Season Pass Holder

05/25/2014 at 8:33 am

This system is a disaster! The scanners take forever to register. We waited over an hour in the sun just to get in! Six Flags: please go back and reconsider this failed experiment!

19. Scott C

05/25/2014 at 8:42 pm

Yeah, I was there today, and it is hard to argue. Fortunately for me, we were there way early, and we were still in line for Full Throttle (gold member) before the rest of the crowd was let in. I get that they want season pass processing to be better, but common….getting your pass processed is a once a year thing. These finger scanner machines, based on what I saw today, are messing things up daily.

20. George

06/29/2014 at 10:39 am

Our family is not going to come back to Six Flags until they allow an opt out or do away with the fingerprint scans. I don’t care how they spin it, it ain’t gonna happen.

We had purchased our tickets last year, only to be told 6 months later that we had to do the biometric data or we could not enter, despite already having our photo ID passes. We asked for a refund and they refused. We disputed the claim with our credit card company and they refused to answer the dispute inquiry. So, we reported it as a fraud because it was a bait and switch, where we bought the tickets last year, and they changed the conditions of use six months later to include an unacceptable invasion of our privacy. We got our money back and we won’t be going back.

21. George

06/29/2014 at 10:52 am

I forgot to say that they refused to let us opt out and use our photo ID passes that we had bought and had done in September of 2013 for the 2014 year. If they had allowed us to continue to use the passes we had purchased, that had our PICTURES on them…even if we had to confirm them with a driver’s license, we would have been OK with that. They didn’t give us that option. They were basically smug jerks about the whole thing because they thought I would just roll over like everyone else. I was pleasant, even toned, and even managed to smile while asking politely that they not violate my privacy and not take a fingerprint scan of my 4 year old, just so we could use the photo passes we had already purchased. We had been season pass holder for 5 years and we are a family of 5. I guess they don’t really care. That’s OK, we now have season passes at Lake Compounce.

22. John

08/02/2014 at 1:31 am

What A Terrible Idea, Someone Please Explain How This Process Is Faster Then Before, From What I Remember You Would Just Scan your Pass And Be Through The Gates 2 To 3 Seconds Tops, Now You Gotta Scan A Card & Scan Your Finger Where’s The Logic In This ??? This Method Is Not Faster At All From My Perspective Guests Spend Triple The Time To Get Through The Gates Now, Sorry But Six Flags FAIL …

• Kristen

08/02/2014 at 3:07 am

john, you are exactly right! everytime I go (season passholder myself) the lines just to get in the park are seriously long. I agree its ridiculous!

23. Casey

08/13/2014 at 8:49 pm

The scanning system did make things go faster. The only thing that bothers me is we went on a Monday got our passes and had our fingers scanned. On Tuesday we went back to the park to ride rides and for some reason my daughters fingerprint and season pass wouldn’t match up. The attendant was very nice and finally after 10 minutes just let us go in. We live 4 hours away and my daughter is only 12. She doesn’t have an id so unless we could have found the guy from the previous day and he would have remembered her then we would have been screwed. I’m so glad the attendant was so nice because I could not have afforded to buy her a general ticket after spending all that money on her pass. This system does in fact make the line quicker but it isn’t perfect.

08/13/2014 at 9:47 pm

It’s nice that the attendant just let your daughter in, but in reality all he did was pass the problem on. Because he didn’t “fix” the issue, you’re likely to have the exact same issue on your next visit, giving you two poor guest experiences instead of just one. He should have taken the time to re-scan your daughter’s finger so that there are no issues on her next visit.

24. Pingback: The Biometric Rollercoaster | Zwipe

25. eli

12/28/2014 at 12:05 pm

I’ve been a season pass holder for years and this system slows the line considerable. Scan, finger, and every few ppl there’s a problem so it slows it down even more.

26. Eudora Fenton

06/12/2015 at 6:34 pm

I have a family of four passes. We did not write our names or register them. We are not sure which card is registered to who, what should I do?

27. KamMix

07/17/2015 at 2:40 pm

So if I go to one of the six flags parks and forget my season pass, would I be able to just sacn my finger and get in without the pass? And is the biometric season pass compatable with the six flags app now???

07/19/2015 at 6:21 am

No, it doesn’t work like that. They don’t have your unique fingerprint on file. They keep a measurement of your finger, which may actually be the same as someone else. By scanning the pass, it looks up your record and tells the finger scanner the dimensions of your finger. If the finger scan matches, you’re in! Without the season pass, it has nothing to compare your finger scan to.

28. Steven Parker

04/28/2016 at 3:12 pm

I think we should have to have our fingerprints scanned for many more things not just amusement parks. We should have to scan them to enter public bathrooms, banks, grocery stores and even out personal vehicles. In fact, why don’t you just stick a dog leash up my

29. Guadalupe

10/28/2016 at 10:21 pm

I’m not too comfortable with my 7 year old son’s finger being scanned or picture being taken. Is there a different method you can use when it comes to kids?

10/30/2016 at 9:10 pm

You need to pick one, either a finger scan or a photo. They need something to physically tie the season pass to your son so the pass can’t be shared by others.

30. Kaylee Brewington

10/30/2016 at 7:59 pm

I have a six flags membership and this is the first time i have used it. They told me to scan my finger and they gave me a season pass card. Am i supposed to have one, or am i supposed to have something different because i have a membership???

10/30/2016 at 9:13 pm

Nope, you’re good. All season passes are the same, the only difference is how you pay for them. The membership is just how you’re paying for your season pass. As long as you make your monthly payments, that season pass card they gave you will never expire. If you paid the annual fee, the card would expire at the end of the year and you’d need to buy another one.

31. Amber

09/20/2017 at 2:47 pm

The first time I went, they gave me my card but I did not scan my finger. What happens for the next time I go to Six Flags? Will they just give me a new card and I just scan my finger and everything will be okay? Or will I need to bring all my papers stating I paid for this season pass and talk to someone at the front gate?

09/20/2017 at 5:38 pm

The card they gave you is now associated with your account. Because you didn’t get a finger scan during your last visit, I suspect they’ll just get it from you on your next visit and you’ll be good to go.