Batman Backwards Ending Soon At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 06/10/2014

If you haven’t ridden Batman: The Ride backwards at Six Flags Magic Mountain yet, you better hurry. Your last chance to experience it backwards is on Sunday, June 15th, and you definitely don’t want to miss it. Riding Batman backwards is a very unique and intense feeling. I headed over to the park today to get in one last ride and I even added a little color commentary throughout the ride. Check it out:

If you live close to Six Flags Over Texas, or are planning to visit there this summer, you’re in luck. The backwards chassis will be heading there next and you will get your chance to experience Batman backwards firsthand.

I’d like to thank Six Flags Magic Mountain, especially Sue & Connie, for providing me the opportunity to record this unique experience before it’s gone. You two are the best! 🙂

1. Scott C.

06/10/2014 at 4:18 pm

I have really enjoyed riding this backwards. I prefer it actually. I wish it was a permanent set up.

2. James

06/10/2014 at 4:43 pm

Riding this backwards totally threw off my equilibrium while riding, and I’m a pretty novice rider. The last couple directional changes and batwings almost made me squeal like a little girl. Definitely best in the back (front) row, and one of the more intense rides in the park when backwards. Sad to see this go!

06/10/2014 at 4:43 pm

I took my second ride on Batman backwards last night. Late yesterday afternoon, I found out that the park was doing a special event with ERT on Goliath and Lex Luthor for season passholders and Discover Cardholders. The park closed at 9pm, but stayed open till 11pm if you stopped by the entrance to Goliath and picked up a wristband.

It wasn’t very crowded anyway when I arrived at about 7:30pm. Full Throttle was busy so I skipped it (figured I’d do it later) and got my wristband. I took one lap on Colossus backwards and stopped there because—believe it or not—I almost got sick. It was a bit rough for me, which is odd because normally I can do it just fine.

Next was Batman backwards in the last row. Again, only one ride for the same reason that I stopped at one on Colossus. Just before park closing (about 8:30), I went over to ride Full Throttle, but it had broken down and its problem ended up not being resolved.

One ride on Goliath and I was done for the evening. Maybe at the ripe old age of almost 55 I need to turn in my coaster riding badge. 🙁

My sister asked me if I would go out to Magic Mountain on Thursday, but I will be at Knott’s for the grand reopening of Camp Snoopy and the Calico Mine ride. Chances are I’ll do a writeup about that in my blog, which you’ll get to if you click my name here.

4. Looper

06/10/2014 at 8:29 pm

Very Very nice

5. M. Smith

06/11/2014 at 5:38 am

Does Colossus backwards also end June 15? Or, do they plan on keeping it backwards till August 16 (it’s last day)

• Scott C.

06/11/2014 at 8:00 am

According to the website, Colossus backwards is only until June 15th. I think it would be the right thing to do. Anybody who wants “one last ride” would probably prefer it to be forward, the way they have been riding it for years. IMHO

• bob

06/13/2014 at 9:08 am

Yes, they should keep it longer. The ride is never that busy when forward and it would just be easier to keep one side backward and the other forward.

Who thinks they will really close it on Aug 15 with 3 weeks of summer season left. They will probably have a “one last change” promotion after the 15th.

6. Miklo De La Noche

06/11/2014 at 12:26 pm

nice video! One thing i noticed though is at the beginning you mention that you are filming the ride. i doubt you have a film camera mounted on the train. most features aren’t even on film anymore. everything is digital video nowadays. i know no one cares, its just a pet peeve of mine. rant over, carry on.

06/11/2014 at 12:56 pm

I’m the same way, Miklo. Filming, taping, etc. My bad. I knew what I was going to say in my head, but that all went out the window when the ride started and I just had to wing it. I’m not used to talking to a camera while on a coaster. You’ll also notice I said something about dropping down the lift hill, instead of the first drop. Oh well. Could you tell I was out of breath when the ride was over? It surprised me how much it took out of me trying to narrate while on the ride. 😉

06/11/2014 at 4:49 pm

Batman Backwards started at SFGAM in 2013… then came to SFMM in 2014, with SFOT to get it next. It’d be interesting to see which Six Flags park gets it after SFOT… I may be leaning toward SFGADV possibly being next in line to run Batman Backwards during the first half of 2015, and SFSTL during the 2nd half… and my home park SFOG near Atlanta saving the best for last (either 2016 or 2017).

When SFOG gets Batman Backwards… also hope that SFOG is considering bringing back Scream Machine Backwards for the first time since 1993 season (if memory serves me correctly)… and maybe SFOG experimenting with SkyScreamer backwards. These are just some thoughts.