UA-20143982-1 Poll: What Type Of Posts Do You Prefer? - The Coaster Guy

Poll: What Type Of Posts Do You Prefer?

By on 12/11/2014

If you’re a regular reader of this site, you may have noticed that my posts tend to be on the longer side, with lots of photos. They’re also not always that frequent, as I tend to only post detailed overviews of specific events or trip reports. I typically don’t like to post about something until I have as much information as possible and can tell the entire story. I’ve been putting the quickie information on Facebook or Instagram.

While it may be great to get a deep dive into that one event, the format doesn’t work well to get out a quick blurb about some interesting industry news that may be breaking that day. It also takes me a long time to process all those pictures and get those longer posts up, sometimes a week or more after the actual event occurred.

This is where you come in. I’d like to solicit your feedback, my loyal readers, on what you’d like to see me post. Should I keep doing the long posts with lots of detailed pictures as needed, or would you like to see much more frequent posts on what’s going on in the roller coaster world, even if there are no photos to go with it? That could mean multiple, short posts every day. Or perhaps somewhere in between?

What type of posts would you like to see on TheCoasterGuy.com?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Michael Ochs

12/11/2014 at 10:44 pm

Hello been a reader for a atleast 2 years now, I personally liked what you did with FullThrottle the best, I think you did 2-3 posts a week with about 5 or so picks a post, I think that was the best so I voted for medium posts, I hope my vote counts.

2. Ryan O'Neill

12/12/2014 at 6:34 am

I really, really enjoy some of your longer posts, like the interview with the Colossus architect or the one from the Twisted Colossus construction tour. But it’s also great to see quick updates on Instagram and Facebook, since not everything at the park is worthy of a long article (but is still interesting that I want to see it)!

3. JJJJ

12/12/2014 at 9:34 am

I run my own blog, so I understand how time consuming the long posts with many pictures can be. That being said, it’s what makes this website great.

4. benjamin

12/13/2014 at 4:36 pm

I am happy with the things are right now. The amusement industry has times when there is pages of things going on and other times the emptying of a trash can is the highlight of the entire day. One advantage you have this year is that the ride being worked on this year can be seen from the parking lot so updates can happen even when the park is closed. If the park was open everyday year round it would be a different story. Thanks for all your work!

5. sweet

12/13/2014 at 8:05 pm

so, this is irrelevant, but when are u gunna do full throttle ride profile

6. Erik

12/17/2014 at 11:22 am

love this site

• Charles

12/17/2014 at 7:24 pm

Don’t change a thing, I like what you do, always interesting and informative, this is a great archive, we did not have this back in 1978. Since I cannot get out to MM, you keep me up to date, I also check your face book post. Thanks Kurt! Charles