The New Revolution Update #5

By on 03/14/2016

There’s less than two weeks before The New Revolution makes its debut to season pass holders through a series of scheduled technical rehearsals. I stopped by the park this weekend to see what was going on and it looks like they are almost ready.

All of the construction walls have been removed along the front. There are just a few temporary barricades and an employee answering questions. It amazed me how many people asked why it was closed just in the short time that I was standing within earshot. The moose out front should have old them:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 1

If you look through the big tree trunk in the previous photo, you’ll see a strip of white angled on the ground. That’s actually another new sign that is filled with colored rock:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 3

The new sign seems a little odd to me, like it was supposed to go on the wall but nobody ever bothered to install it. It’s looks like one of those ground displays you see people make out of flowers, like at the entrance to Disneyland, only using steel and rock. I guess the upkeep will be easier.

There are a lot of new plants and bushes being planted, and the entire area is looking really nice. The two posts you see on the left will be where the new ride entrance sign will be installed:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 2

The painting has been completed on the station and it looks really nice as well:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 10

A new wall has been built to hide the mechanicals under the track:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 11

The new ADA entrance in the X2 plaza has been completed and looks pretty good. I’m curious how many people will try going through here to sneak into the main line:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 4

The new ride op station looks like it’s completed, minus some paint:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 5

Here’s the back of the ride op station. You’ll notice the exit turnstile sitting on a pallet with a fresh coat of…surprise!…blue paint:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 8

I thought this was supposed to be a big reveal, but I guess not. The front of the train has been installed, showing off the giant chrome (silver?) eagle flying proudly:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 6

They started testing the train several days ago. I was hoping to catch it testing while I was there, and film it, but it was not meant to be. There was nobody even in the station while I was there.

“Excuse me sir, would you please not sit on the rail!”

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 9

All of the new paths and fencing along the exit and up the back stairs has been completed and looks fantastic. There even fresh safety paint on the stairs:

SFMM_TNRUpdate20160313 - 7

This will likely be my last update on The New Revolution until media day in less than two weeks. I don’t think I’ll be able to swing by the park next weekend due to other plans. If I do, I’ll probably just tweet out some updates or post some pics on Instagram.

Don’t forget that you can ride The New Revolution during ERT without the crowds if you come to Mountain Madness 2.0: Revolution’s Revenge. Click here for all the details!

Thanks for reading!  If you like this site, please use the social media buttons below to help me spread the word with your friends. You can also follow me on FacebookTwitter, and/or Instagram.

1. Jairo

03/14/2016 at 10:10 pm

it really looks nice I wish they would of open back the original entrance to the ride that would of been awsome. Also I think its weird for the coaster to have so many signs just my thinking I guess..

03/15/2016 at 4:20 pm

They are using the original entrance. If you’re thinking of the one up in the plaza (near the stairs leading to X2), that was only used briefly back in the ’80s. This ramp was the only way to the station when Revolution opened back in 1976. I know—I waited in the line just a week or so after it opened.

03/16/2016 at 7:52 am

Eric is correct, they are using the original entrance. The entrance you’re thinking of will continue to be used for a Fright Fest maze each year.

2. MichaelOchs

03/15/2016 at 1:12 am

It looks great thanks for the updates, do you happen to know if the virtual reality part of the ride (the part I don’t like lol) is a mandatory part of the ride, because if so I know a lot of people will be really angry about that.

• Gregg

03/15/2016 at 7:10 am

The VR headset is completely optional.

Great update Kurt!!

3. Steve

03/15/2016 at 7:14 am

This isn’t so much a revolution question but a Magic Mountain question. If I’m correct their 45 year anniversary is in a month and a half . Are there any big plans for that do you know ? Thanks for the updates, see you June 5th.

03/16/2016 at 7:53 am

It is their 45th anniversary, but I doubt they have anything planned. They didn’t do anything for their 40th. I certainly hope they do something for their 50th.

4. James D

03/15/2016 at 6:23 pm

I’m curious if the VR headsets are going to be a permanent part of the ride, or if they are just one of those advertisements like that video game thing on Goliath. I would imagine it would be very difficult to keep those headsets up and running for the years to come. Anyway, the new revolution looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it!

03/16/2016 at 7:55 am

Unknown at this point. They certainly have enough invested that it’ll probably be around for as long as it makes sense. None of the permanent signage mentions VR, so they can pull it at any time.

5. jesusgirl

03/16/2016 at 6:15 pm

When will the media day for this ride be I will be at media day

03/16/2016 at 8:21 pm

I’m pretty sure the media day invitations have already went out. If you were going, you should have received one by now.

• jesusgirl

03/17/2016 at 6:25 pm

I am going where do I get the invitation?

03/17/2016 at 7:21 pm

I think that perhaps you may be confused on how media day works. It’s an invitation-only event. The park sends out invitations to those folks that they would like to attend the event. If you didn’t get an invitation, then you weren’t invited and can’t go.

• jesusgirl

03/17/2016 at 9:56 pm

I didn’t know I can’t go because I have school anyway if it’s going be on a weekday any congrats on getting invited

• Ryan

03/19/2016 at 7:38 pm

By reading your posts it seems like you really should go to school and skip media day

6. Pingback: Six Flags Magic Mountain Trip Report For 13 Mar 2016 - The Coaster Guy