Six Flags Magic Mountain Adds The Flash Pass to Season Pass Offerings

By on 03/31/2016

all season the flash pass

Six Flags Magic Mountain is continuing to expand the list of its all-season long offerings. First it was the dining plan, then a drink bottle, then the photo pass. Now they have added The Flash Pass to the mix. For a one-time fee, you get the use of a gold level The Flash Pass until the end of the year. Here are all of the benefits you receive, as well as which rides it’s good on:

all season the flash pass

There are only a limited number of these available. The normal price will be $799/yr for a single user. However, it’s currently on sale for $499. You can add additional users as needed on a per day basis for an additional fee, but it’s unknown how much that will be:

all season the flash pass

If you go to the park a lot by yourself, and like to go on the rides, this is actually a pretty good deal. The price of a Gold The Flash Pass varies by day, but it’s currently selling for $70/person on a random day I just checked. That means that you’d have to go to the park roughly seven times to break even. If you go more often than that, like I do, it’s a great deal.

I’m not sure how many people actually go to the park by themselves on a regular basis. I do, but that’s only because I’m getting updates for this blog. I don’t typically go on many rides during the bulk of my visits unless I see there is no line and I’m in the mood. However, if I had one of these, I suspect I’d go on a lot more rides. They may sell some at $499, but I can’t imagine huge sales when they bump it up to the summer price of $799.

Personally, I think it should include at least two people. At least for the $799 price. That’s still a heck of a deal. For someone like me, I’d always be able to get on a ride, and if I happen to take a friend to the park for the day, they can join me. Otherwise, I’d need to shell out an additional $70 for them, or wait in the regular stand-by line, defeating the purpose of having The Flash Pass to begin with.

From what I can tell, Six Flags Magic Mountain is the only park currently offering these. They may be conducting a test. It’ll be interesting to see how they do with them. I’d really like to buy one, but I can almost guarantee that my wife won’t allow that. We’ll see. 😉

You can buy the All-Season The Flash Pass online at Six Flags Magic Mountain’s web site.

Does this sound like a good deal to you? Are you planning on getting one? Leave a comment below and let me know!

Thanks for reading!  If you like this site, please use the social media buttons below to help me spread the word with your friends. You can also follow me on FacebookTwitter, and/or Instagram.

1. Scott C.

03/31/2016 at 3:38 pm

Read real close..another hysterical Six Flags typo (I assume)

Think they forgot the word NOT…Not only will you NOT have to wait in line?

• Andy A

07/02/2016 at 4:13 pm

I was looking at x?? Seriously not x2?

2. Gary

03/31/2016 at 6:49 pm

Hell no for locals anyway

3. Matt

03/31/2016 at 8:29 pm

Riddlers Revenge can be gotten on by a large party in minutes via the single rider line as long as they dont mind being split up over a single train (4 across seating ftw), Goldrusher and Viper NEVER have a substantial line, and frankly given the limitations I just laugh at anyone who shelves out for a flash pass. I think even on the most crowded days it’s a phenomenal waste of money, and 500 bucks for a year?! No thank you! I’m happy enough with a basic Gold Pass with Dining Pass.

4. Diana

04/01/2016 at 10:40 pm

My husband and I have the Gold membership but rarely go on busy days. We often have the option to go midweek whenever the park is open, so we rarely have had a long wait. One time we went on a weekend though and only got on 4 rides the whole time. I don’t think this is valuable for us. Also with my husband’s dietary restrictions we have opted for just one meal pass this year as we can share parts of various meals, as it is rare for him to be able to eat an entire available meal. We like the choose your own drinks, but they run out of the flavors we like early most days. They need more of these machines.

5. tpa

04/03/2016 at 9:21 am

Bwahaha!!! That’s a great April fools joke!!! Okay, okay…you got me…you had me going there thinking that six flags was gonna–wha? It’s not a joke? $800?!?!?! Kiss my ass Six Flags!!! I’ve never bought a flash pass because like other people have said:it’s a phenomenal waste of money. Only the go would think they can finish magic mountain in one day during high season…I guess that’s their target market: STUPID PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF DISPOSABLE INCOME AND IMPATIENT PEOPLE…

• Andy A

07/02/2016 at 4:14 pm

Unfortunately I see way to many of those people…

6. Marc

04/06/2017 at 3:10 pm

FYI, the “additional fee” for adding someone to your All-Season The Flash Pass is $80, or in other words, it’s the same as just buying an additional day Gold Flash Pass. Six Flags tries to hide that info, since that “benefit” is clearly a bait and switch. So really, you’ll only break even on the all-season pass after 6 visits.