Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Coming to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

By on 11/17/2016
wonderwoman_keyart
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, the Thrill Capital of Northern California, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest ride attraction,WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, to open in Spring 2017.

“It is our intention to open new, innovative attractions every season. Wonder Woman is an iconic Super Hero and this character and thrill ride will add greatly to our line-up of DC themed attractions.” – Don McCoy, Park President

wonderwoman_lassooftruthWONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth is an oversized pendulum shaped ride that will send guests on a dizzying journey in this thrilling and extreme attraction. WONDER WOMAN, the most iconic female Super Hero, is the embodiment of justice, equality and peace; she is the symbol of female empowerment, as she seeks to fight evil at every turn.

Some ride highlights include:

• 40 riders will propel at speeds of nearly 70 miles per hour;
  • The ride swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise; and
  • As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at 147 feet in the air

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will be located near two of the park’s newest attractions, Superman Ultimate Flight and The Joker, which opened earlier this year.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its Third Annual Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the lowest prices of the year  – savings up to 70% off on 2017 Passes! September 1-5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016, including park admission to Fright Fest®, Holiday in the Park® and all of 2017.

Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

Here is a video of what you can expect:

Thanks for reading! If you like this site, please use the social media buttons below to help me spread the word with your friends. You can also follow me on FacebookTwitter, and/or Instagram.

1. Scott C.

11/17/2016 at 1:20 pm

I wish we were getting one of these too….I love these types of rides.

2. Coaster Labs

11/18/2016 at 6:34 pm

Why is this so late though???

11/18/2016 at 6:49 pm

Why is what late? The ride isn’t due to open until spring of 2017, next year.

• Coaster Labs

11/20/2016 at 7:57 pm

I mean that the ride was announced in early September… Why are you writing about it now like it’s news? (I’m confused)

11/20/2016 at 8:57 pm

I’m not sure what’s so confusing. I didn’t write about it back then, so I’m posting the story now. It’s still news to anyone that hasn’t heard about it yet. It may be old news to you, but not necessarily everyone else. Does that help clear it up for you?

• Coaster Labs

11/21/2016 at 5:40 pm

Very well. Just was odd that it wasn’t published earlier, but I can see what you mean to republish it…

3. Steve

11/22/2016 at 5:54 pm

This looks fun, I hope to get up north sometime to check out that park, especially with the Joker and this Wonder Woman ride. We really need a better Lasso of Truth here at SFMM, ours is really weak compared to the others. I think we should cause a stink until we get a better ride to represent the women 🙂 also thanks for info on Kwerkmas on your facebook. Going tomorrow night to see the lights.

4. Wendy

10/14/2017 at 4:44 pm

Went on this ride yesterday. Thank god it was the last one for the day because I felt sick afterwards. I don’t think I’ll ever ride it again.

• Michael

09/05/2018 at 5:24 pm

The ride looks very interesting but also intense. Next month I’ll come to visit from Germany and I’ll see if I’m brave enough to ride it ;) And I hope I don’t feel sick afterwards like Wendy.