Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Construction Update #2

By on 12/12/2016

It’s been a few months since my first construction update on Justice League: Battle for Metropolis at Six Flags Magic Mountain, but you honesty haven’t missed anything. Much of that time has just been lots of dirt being moved around. We’re getting to the point where the building foundation is stating to take shape, so I thought you’d like to see another update. These photos were taken on Saturday, December 10, 2016.

There’s not a lot of places to see the construction, so our view is pretty much limited to a couple of photos from the front and the rear. From the front, it looks like there is a small retaining wall being built around the perimeter of where the show building will sit:

sfmm_jlupdate2-1

It’s really long, too, extending from The Riddler’s Revenge all the way down to the very back of the Waterfront Commissary:

sfmm_jlupdate2-2

From the other side, you can see most of the wood forms have already been removed where that concrete retaining wall has been poured. The previous pictures were taken from behind that construction fence you see on the far side of the lot, looking towards where this picture was taken. I’m baffled why there’s a small concrete wall across the front of the building but not the sides or back:

sfmm_jlupdate2-5

All of the rebar has been set, which is usually the last step before the concrete is poured for the foundation floor. You can see just how massive this building is going to be by the size of the footprint:

sfmm_jlupdate2-4

Pulling back a little, you get a better sense of just how big the entire building will be:

sfmm_jlupdate2-3

I’m hoping that we’ll see a bit more action once the concrete is poured, so look for more updates soon. However, once the building is complete I suspect we won’t see much at all as most of the work will be inside.

Thanks for reading! If you like this site, please use the social media buttons below to help me spread the word with your friends. You can also follow me on FacebookTwitter, and/or Instagram.

12/12/2016 at 4:52 pm

I wonder if the walls will be tilt-up concrete (like industrial buildings), poured in place concrete, cement blocks, or traditional wood- or steel-framed construction? It’s going to be interesting and I look forward to future updates.

12/30/2016 at 11:17 pm

I’m also positive it’s going to be a traditional steel-framed warehouse-like building, with a nice façade across the front.

2. Steve J

12/12/2016 at 6:26 pm

So here is my idea Kurt. You always get to go to these cool media days and grand openings which I’m sure all of us are extremely jealous of. I think you should have a contest, and of course rig it so I win 🙂 so I can come along and join in in the festivities. Haha. I know, I’ll just enjoy the updates and live vicariously through you. Thanks for the updates, hopefully you can get inside the building for more once the walls go up. Happy Holidays !!

12/30/2016 at 11:18 pm

I wish I could take everyone with me to these events, Steve, but you know I can’t. Thank you for reading, though! 🙂

• Steve J.

12/31/2016 at 12:17 pm

I know Kurt, I was half joking. The updates are a close 2nd, it’s pretty cool to see the process. The Twisted Colossus build was like a mini series for me, I could have binge watched it on netflix. I get to the park every few weeks but the behind the scenes stuff is interesting to me. I do construction so I guess I’m kinda wishing I could get in on these builds.

3. Matt

12/16/2016 at 3:01 pm

Any idea what they’re doing with all the facades and stuff that they moved from the former theater? I noticed when I was up on Apocalypse (which in the last couple weeks got some red lights added to the tunnels, a nice touch) that all that stuff seemed to be piled up in the area where Deja Vu used to be.

12/30/2016 at 11:19 pm

I know some of it was repurposed for the Aftermath 2 Fright Fest maze in Cyclone bay. The rest will either be stored in the bone yard, or scrapped, or most likely a combination of both.

4. Ryan

12/18/2016 at 9:56 pm

Looks awesome. Should be done in no time