UA-20143982-1 The Riddler's Revenge Gets A New Paint Job at Six Flags Magic Mountain - The Coaster Guy
How to make money online

The Riddler’s Revenge Gets A New Paint Job at Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on 04/30/2017

While I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain recently, I was given a sneak peek of the new paint scheme being applied to The Riddler’s Revenge. This work is being done as part of the new Metropolis area being built. Everything in and around that area will be new or freshened up. It’s unclear at this point if any of the Riddler’s existing theming will be touched, or if it’s just a fresh paint job.

The black support columns are all being repainted to a light yellow color. The dark green track is being painted a lighter green. They’ve only recently started painting it, so they are far from being done. I think the colors are a bit light for my taste, but I’ll wait until the project is completed before making my final judgement. What do you think?

Riddlers - 1

Riddlers - 9

Riddlers - 8

Riddlers - 7

Riddlers - 6

Riddlers - 5

Riddlers - 4

Riddlers - 3

Riddlers - 2

Riddlers - 12

Riddlers - 13

They haven’t really touched it yet, but the old entrance path to Riddler’s will be repurposed to be a part of the new Justice League: Battle for Metropolis queue. There will be a new entrance for Riddler’s:

Riddlers - 11

Riddlers - 10

That’s it for this update. I’ll be sure to share more photos of this paint job as I get them.

If you like this site, please use the social media buttons below to help me spread the word with your friends. You can also find a lot more of my content on FacebookTwitter, and/or Instagram.

1. Dave

04/30/2017 at 2:58 pm

The yellow looks like a primer to cover up the black. I expect it to match the yellow on Riddler Revenge at SFOT. It is my understanding that DC controls which paint colors can be used and not Six Flags. It is the reason Batman at SFGam went from all black to yellow track with black supports when it was repainted.

2. Adanthrillz

05/01/2017 at 12:30 am

Love the new paint color, but the color also resembles green lantern. I vote green Lantern to be turned into man hole covers for the ever growing city of Los Angeles.

• Steve J.

05/01/2017 at 6:39 pm

I like the colors too. I think green lantern should be re-themed to Wonder Woman, red blue and yellow. I think GL should be female because it breaks your balls 🙂 .

3. G

05/01/2017 at 6:23 pm

The new green is pretty good.

05/01/2017 at 6:42 pm

I’m not crazy about the yellow, and hope it’s primer for another color. It would have been cool to have the colors flipped; that is, the light green color for the supports and the track black.

On a side note, my sister and I were at the park last week with the twelve others who stopped in. The former wharfside food place was open, so we had lunch there. The black bean burger is really pretty good, I thought. And it’s on the dining pass if you have that.

Thanks for the update.

5. Brandon Carter

05/01/2017 at 8:53 pm

I am really interested to see how the new entrance/queue for Riddler will work now that you mention they are taking the front portion for Justice League.

6. Seiko

05/03/2017 at 10:33 pm

Hope it’s just primer, it really looks wierd, doesn’t match up with Riddler at all in any way.
    Also if they are going to paint it can they give it seat down seats too.
    Unless they are planning on renaming it “The Nutcracker.”
    Pls Six Flags follow Cedar Point and get Apocalypse and Georgia Scorcher turned into Floorless, while Green Lantern and Riddler’s Revenge become sit down.

• Steve J.

05/04/2017 at 4:12 pm

You just have to know how to get in and get ready. I have never had one problem with the ride. Just keep knees slightly bent before they lock it. Then stand up completely after it’s locked. Perfectly comfortable. We have a floor less already, In fact almost every park does, stand ups are original.

7. John Doe

05/07/2017 at 11:46 pm

The colors are very odd …. More importantly i recently visited SFMM on may 1st & it was terrible … SFMM Provides their Guests little to no shade ! After only 2 hours in park & temperatures of 94 degrees i was forced to leave due to early stages of heat stroke … Also i had a pretty bad sun burn … The entire time i was very cautious trying to avoid the sun & heat… but it is just impossible, Areas like full throttle & twisted colossus “NOTHING BUT CONCRETE”, Also the parking lot bus line has NO SHADE … I wrote the park about this issue i hope they take it serious because their Guests Health should be #1 & this Summer is gonna be HOT ! Guests need the shade to avoid sun poisoning & heat stroke, Also to add to this i am in my 20’s & in great health

8. Dane

05/22/2017 at 5:29 pm

Anyone else struggling to get on the website. The only way I can get on anymore is through google.

05/22/2017 at 6:20 pm

What kind of problem are you having?

• Dane

05/25/2017 at 7:27 pm

I used to get this really strange error message. It didn’t come up this time but I’ll post it if it comes up again.

• Ryan

05/23/2017 at 7:33 pm

Don’t worry dude you aren’t missing anything

9. Edison

06/04/2017 at 12:31 pm

As a Magic Mountain fanatic, imagine if they kept DejaVu the track should be painted purple tracks with black columns. For Batman it was dope originally with grey tracks and black columns. Lastly, for Riddler’s Revenge it’s already gangsta, why changed it if dark green with black columns symbolizes the Riddler. Geez whoever is changing ideas has no taste whatsoever. Forget blending with the new ride. Keep it original and cool.

10. Ryan

06/04/2017 at 7:57 pm

When the hell is justice league opening???

06/04/2017 at 8:24 pm

Soon. Probably in the next couple of weeks. It’s already testing.

• Ryan

06/04/2017 at 8:40 pm

Sweet!!!

11. Martin

06/27/2017 at 6:22 pm

Can we get another construction updates for Justice League Battle for Metropolis, we’re being kept in the dark.. I can’t find ANY recent construction updates for this ride, it’s a bit frustrating to be completely honest.

06/27/2017 at 7:43 pm

I’m getting a peek at part of the new area tomorrow night, so stay tuned!

• Ryan

06/28/2017 at 12:00 pm

Wonder what’s taking so long. Maybe all the rain this year set them back?