UA-20143982-1
NCL Free At Sea

What is your favorite ride?

Home Forums Six Flags Six Flags Magic Mountain What is your favorite ride?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  leozone34 3 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

iloverollercoasters
    Participant

What are your favorite rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain? I would really like to know. My favorites are tatsu, full throttle, and X2 (and probably Twisted Colossus once it opens.

Full Throttle is an all-around win for me. It has a great launch, hangtime, airtime (a little), and comfortable seats. X2 takes a close second though, it would have been first if it was smoother.

The Coaster Guy
    Keymaster

I obviously get asked this question a lot, and I always say that it’s like asking somebody who their favorite child is. You love them all for different reasons. However, since my favorite coaster elements are speed and height, I will say that Superman: Escape from Krypton, Full Throttle, and Goliath are a few of my favorites at Magic Mountain. Of course, I wouldn’t be much of an adrenaline junkie if I didn’t mention X2 as well, simply for the thrill factor.

JayZee33
    Participant

You know what? I think I enjoy coasters more off how intense they are, not how re-ridable they are. If it’s rough just because of the sheer ridiculousness of the maneuvers they’re undertaking? I kinda take it in stride and understand that’s what it takes to experience those thrills.

X is the best. Back seat so it yanks you over the top of the first drop. Sure it can be rough, but look at what you’re doing! The ride experience on X can only be found on 2 other roller coasters in the world.

I said this in another thread, but I also enjoy GIB coasters. That first drop facing the ground, the sheer intensity, the clunk when you hit the second spike and it pulls you up, the route backwords. Man Deja Vu was awesome!

Finally, someone has said that S:EFK is one of their favorite rides. Being very active in the coaster community on Instagram, I have often heard Superman being called a waste of space and that “Orient Express is more thrilling”. I personally find Superman to be one of the best rides in the park, albeit how forceful the launch is and how much it is a one-trick-pony. Its got one of the best views in the park and an oddly amazing experience with the backwards launch. And now they’d have to take LL:DOD down if they demolished Superman, and that would cause a lot of wailing. So it stays for now!

The Coaster Guy
      Keymaster

I really wish Superman was a full circuit coaster like Kingda Ka, instead of just a shuttle coaster, but I’ll take what I can get. It’s fast, it’s high, and it’s fun!

You know how loud those trains are when encountering the rather gentle pull-up at the base of the tower. Now imagine them having to crest a top hat. Even though it would be 400 feet in the air, it would still cause some ears to bleed on the ground. (meant in jokingly matter)

The Coaster Guy
          Keymaster

I’m not sure those cars could even round a tophat with those steel wheels, at least not a tight one like Kingda Ka. But I suspect the real limitation would be bending that steel track into a tight enough radius for a tophat. I’m sure that’s why Kingda Ka has tubular steel and traditional trains.

leozone34
    Participant

Full Throttle, X2 and Apocalypse (when it’s been rehabbed) top my list.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.