UA-20143982-1
NCL Free At Sea

What ride/attraction do you wish would come back to the park?

Home Forums Six Flags Six Flags Magic Mountain What ride/attraction do you wish would come back to the park?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  JayZee33 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

benbrownjr
    Participant

Being old enough to have actually been going to the park since it opened I had the chance to go on rides that have been removed and forgotten about. The ride I miss the most was the original Mountain express roller coaster. It was a Schwarzkopf wildcat coaster and was really a lot of fun. As an adult I was a bit concerned when I found out the brake system consisted of a hand brake operated by the panel operator. It used to be located behind the metro station in the front of the park where flashback was located at.

Nostrils
    Participant

Log jammer.. I Wish SOMEHOW they could have managed to build full throttle around it, while keeping log jammer

The Coaster Guy
      Keymaster

Log Jammer was way past its prime. I’m sure it would’ve taken way more money than it was worth to try and bring it back up to snuff. However, there’s nothing that says they can’t build another new flume in and around Full Throttle. They definitely have the room for it on that hillside.

The Coaster Guy
    Keymaster

Personally, I’d like to see another monorail come back to the park. This park is big enough, and hot enough, that they definitely need some sort of people mover to get people from one end to the other. That hill is brutal and the Orient Express only helps if you’re on the front side. Besides, I’m not sure how much longer it will be around.

Casey
      Participant

Throwback to the April Fool’s prank you posted about a Monorail coming to Magic Mountain :D. That sure got my hopes up, but who knows? Maybe they’ll finally invest in one someday.

EBL
    Participant

I think that the park should look into making some major improvements to its people-moving rides. A new monorail would be nice as well as some sort of conveyance from the midway to the top of the mountain on the back side of the hill. Any of you old enough may remember the old Dragon ride. What was the lower station is just across from Gold Rusher, and the top station is used by Ninja. Magic Mountain is just too big to not have something to get people around easily.

A Ferris wheel kind of ride would be nice, too. Unfortunately, the old Galaxy double Ferris wheel (where Buccaneer and Swashbuckler are now) wasn’t very reliable. Large Ferris wheels are becoming popular in touristy spots like Las Vegas, London, etc. It would be nice to have one here.

Ezra
    Participant

I remember riding the Yosemite Sam Falls quite a lot when i was younger. It was a great way to cool off and it rarely had a long wait. Usually me and my brother could just go on it around 12 times in a row without stopping. Also, with two different tubes, it was really fun to race your friends. A great little ride for the older little kids, certainly is missed by me.

jmrochek
    Participant

I miss Deja Vu. I loved the way that ride launched. I didn’t know at the time of all the problems that ride had until I read your ride profile. It was always running every time I was at the park and I enjoyed it greatly.
    Anyone remember the cable car setup(I don’t remember the name) that went from where the base of Superman/Lex Luthor is now to the top of Samurai summit. Fairly high from what I remember. Gave a great view of the park. Front and back.

Casey
      Participant

I think it was called Eagle’s Flight or something along the lines of that?

coasterguru14
    Participant

I know that I am a massive dreamer in saying this, but almost everything they originally had should come back! Deja Vu was an awesome coaster and is dearly missed. Freefall was also awesome! One that I miss the most is Flashback. It was such an amazing coaster concept and it is quite sad that it was taken care of so poorly and was scrapped.

The Coaster Guy
    Keymaster

I’m not a big fan of the shuttle coasters in general, just because of the low capacity. I love Superman: Escape from Krypton, but it has two tracks, which helps when they run them both. But I wouldn’t want Déjà Vu back.

Nostrils
    Participant

Ah. Free Fall & Flashback… classics

The Coaster Guy
    Keymaster

Actually, Casey, the monorail was called Metro. Eagle’s Flight was a sky bucket ride from the top of Samurai Summit to and from two other stations located elsewhere in the park.

Steveinphoenix
    Participant

I can’t limit this answer to just one thing….mine would be Log Jammer, Eagles Flight, Metro, and Shockwave.

Chad
    Participant

Bring back Yosemite Sam Sierra Falls/Log ride or better yet bring a state-of-the-art water ride to the park. It gets too hot not to have another water ride at MM lol

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Chad.

JayZee33
    Participant

100% Deja Vu.

That ride was amazing. The capacity stunk, but the ride experience was on-par with X2 and Tatsu. It was super intense, I miss it a lot, and wish it never left.

Other than that, the park is huge. It is in DIRE need of a transportation ride to take guests around the park. A transportation ride throughout the park providing a “break” for guests, and awesome views of what the park has to offer IMO would be a great addition.

To add to the park transportation issue, imagine if they had something similar to Down Town Disney, with an entrance queue to the park near Scream, where with the required admission credentials, could get you on the Monorail and into the park in a matter of minutes. You scan your season pass to get on the monorail near Scream, and you’re walking onto Samurai Summit in minutes.

This is the type of thinking I wish Six Flags would incur with the properties they have.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.