Don't Miss

Full Throttle Construction Starts At Six Flags Magic Mountain

By on October 26, 2012

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle

I took the day off from work today and spent it with my youngest son at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I really wasn’t expecting there to be anything new to report on since last week, so imagine my surprise when I saw lots of construction equipment and work being done on the Full Throttle roller coaster site.

There was quite an array of machines and accessories, all over the site:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Construction

It was stretched from the tunnel up top all the way down to the station:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Construction

All of the concrete “rocks” leftover from Whitewater Lake have been broken up into rubble and it looks like they may be hauling it out in bins:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Construction

There was a bulldozer with an extended scoop out the left side moving lots of earth around up by the tunnel. You can see a surveying tripod up top and I saw another worker holding one in his hand, likely checking to see how close they’re getting to where they need to be:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Construction

It was rather warm and very dry today, with heavy winds, so this guy was doing his best to keep the dirt wet so it wasn’t blowing all over the park:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Construction

A wider shot shows where these two guys were doing the work outside the tunnel:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Construction

Walking back towards the front of the park from Goliath, there was no missing the heavy equipment peeking through the trees:

Six Flags Magic Mountain Full Throttle Construction

In closing, I’d like to give a quick shout out to Jerome, a reader of this site whom I met in line for Colossus today. It was nice meeting you! :-)

1. Ryan O

10/26/2012 at 4:58 pm

I wasn’t expecting them to begin so soon! This is a very nice surprise.

Now that’s a very wide area of dirt, and the coaster itself is quite skinny. Do you think they will use the entire area for Full Throttle, or could they be adding something else there too?

10/26/2012 at 5:58 pm

I used to think it was a lot of land, but after looking at the markers, I think FT is going to fill it up.

• Jimmy Tovar

10/26/2012 at 6:06 pm

I’m just really hoping its not as short as it seems on the video. Hoping they could add a few more twists and turns or something. Thanks for the awesome surprise.

10/27/2012 at 12:02 am

From everything I’ve heard, they’re building a new area with other attractions besides Full Throttle. The former Log Jammer area is about six acres from what I can gather. If the Full Throttle CGI video is accurate, it appears that the ride will only travel along the midway, through the loop, then up over the hill. Once through the tunnel, it will go up over the top of the loop and come right back down next to the station where it hits the brakes. Then a left hand U-turn back into the station. That leaves the rest of the site open.

I was honestly hoping that there would be more to Full Throttle, but I’ll save my final judgment for after I ride it.

2. Dan Sheffer

10/26/2012 at 5:26 pm

Looks Good So Far, Can’t Wait To See It Complete

RIDE ON MY FRIEND

3. Brendan

10/26/2012 at 9:32 pm

Yay! I’m glad that work is starting. I’ve been waiting all month to see an update like this.

4. Xander

10/27/2012 at 2:46 am

Spent all that time ogling Full Throttle, you didn’t even notice anything missing from the Loony Tunes Pavilion…

10/27/2012 at 5:01 am

Are you talking about Bugs Bunny World? I was with my teenage son and had no reason to walk through there. I did notice it blocked off in the morning. What did they take out?

5. Andre

10/27/2012 at 9:09 am

I like going to new rides except for……………………………. High thrills rides like star 9

6. Andrew

10/27/2012 at 10:14 am

WB Kids Club is toast. There was a sign in front of it last night that said something new was coming soon.

10/27/2012 at 10:31 am

I didn’t see the sign, but we knew a few weeks ago that they had played their last show. I already went in and got lots of pictures of it before it gets razed.

7. Byron Lopez

10/27/2012 at 6:30 pm

I’m guessing 2013 is going to be kind of like 2011 where the park got major make over everywhere. I also got some last shots at the WB kids club before they took it down.

8. Byron Lopez

10/27/2012 at 6:36 pm

Kurt I also went to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk this past weekend and I noticed hurricane is gone do you know what happen

• Conor Xanders

10/28/2012 at 6:51 pm

It is being replaced with a spinning coaster called Undertow.

9. Byron Lopez

10/28/2012 at 8:38 pm

Ohh that’s cool can’t wait to ride it

10. Coaster Tycoon

10/29/2012 at 6:16 am

I can’t wait until vertical construction begins! That tophat over the loop is going to look really cool.

11. Pingback: Neu 2013: Full Throttle (Premier Rides, Launch Coaster) @ Six Flags Magic Mountain - Seite 5

12. Pingback: Full Throttle update